Android-x86 7.1-rc1 released

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 8, 2017, 6:23:03 AM6/8/17
to Android-x86
Hi all,
After about 11 months of development,
we are able to release the first rc of 7.1 (nougat-x86).
It's longer than I expected. But finally we did it.

By using latest LTS kernel 4.9.31 and Mesa 17.1.2,
we are able to support more devices and peripherals.

The most significant improvement of this release
is the hardware accelerated codecs support
on devices with Intel HD graphics family.
This reduces the CPU usage on playing video.
On an device with Intel core i3 or better
we can play 4K video smoothly.
Please see VAAPI doc to see
what processors and codecs are supported:
https://github.com/01org/intel-vaapi-driver/blob/master/README
Besides, with the latest ffmpeg plugins
we are able to play almost all video files.

Hope you enjoy it!

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 8, 2017, 6:52:08 AM6/8/17
to Android-x86
I sent the email too quickly.
I'd like to say thanks to all
who helped to make it happen.

Michael Goffioul

Jun 8, 2017, 7:07:01 AM6/8/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Did you solve the problem how low color depth when playing videos? It didn't seem to be the case 2 days ago.

Michael.

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 9, 2017, 2:23:56 AM6/9/17
to Android-x86
> Did you solve the problem how low color depth when playing videos? It didn't
> seem to be the case 2 days ago.

Not exactly.
But have applied a patch by Wuzhen
to improve the video playback quality.
Better than before.

To solve YV12 issue entirely, we may need to
migrate to dmabuf instead of flink based solution.
That's too far beyond this release.

Martin

Jun 9, 2017, 6:07:51 AM6/9/17
to Android-x86
Thanks for great work on it again!

Suspend it's not working on my device, so...
In my opinion it's time to add another option in settings to disable suspend.state and earlysuspend aswell.
I rather prefer have screen off than not working suspend. Sometimes I have to reboot device to access androidx86 again, so it's unacceptable.

youling 257

Jun 9, 2017, 6:17:34 AM6/9/17
to Android-x86
sleep.earlysuspend=0 ,sleep.state=disabled

在 2017年6月9日星期五 UTC+8下午6:07:51,Martin写道:

Martin

Jun 9, 2017, 6:48:53 AM6/9/17
to Android-x86
sleep.earlysuspend=0 ,sleep.state=disabled
I know that, but it would be easier to enable/disable it from settings. Eg. for new users, which don't know how do that.

Martin Claudio Cota

Jun 9, 2017, 1:41:43 PM6/9/17
to Android-x86
Thanks for the great work, I was looking forward for Android N ! I used to have Android M installed and just replaced the boot files on my HDD but on this version I get a boot loop, is there any documentation on changes that could apply to the GRUB settings between M and N version that could be generating this kind of issue ?

I'm running this on a Gigabyte Brix J1900.

Thanks anyway, great job.

Wesley Henrique

Jun 9, 2017, 2:42:47 PM6/9/17
to Android-x86
Support successful on Nvidia Geforce 8400GS. Thanks. :D

Krister Hallergard

Jun 10, 2017, 2:59:04 AM6/10/17
to Android-x86
Had a successful upgrade from 6.0-r3, details here https://goo.gl/21QMP0

Martin Claudio Cota

Jun 10, 2017, 10:39:15 AM6/10/17
to Android-x86
After making some modifications to my old Grub menu I was able to make it boot. I used the GRUB created by the installer and modified to my HDD based install using ext4. Unfortunatelly after rebooting, I get stuck on Android screen. I added DATA=/android/data to the boot parameters, and all data is there, but not sure why I get stuck on booting screen now.

youling 257

Jun 10, 2017, 11:36:06 AM6/10/17
to Android-x86
DATA=/android/data is wrong,old method,it was wrong,no anyting use.
new method,if DATA=/android/data,can't mkdir /mnt/$SRC/android/data,can't mount on /android/data .
cwhuang need to explain $DATA usage .

else
   remount_rw
   mkdir -p /mnt/$SRC/$DATA
   mount --bind /mnt/$SRC/$DATA data

在 2017年6月10日星期六 UTC+8下午10:39:15,Martin Claudio Cota写道:
Message has been deleted

youling 257

Jun 10, 2017, 11:56:58 AM6/10/17
to Android-x86
seem can mkdir -p /mnt/$SRC/android/data,mount no problem,if DATA=/android/data

在 2017年6月10日星期六 UTC+8下午11:36:06,youling 257写道:

Martin Claudio Cota

Jun 10, 2017, 1:16:20 PM6/10/17
to Android-x86
Sorry, I don't understand what's wrong. I used to have a /android/data path for storage, used to work on Android M, and the path was pointed out on my kernel file in grub as DATA=/android/data. How is it supposed to work on android N ?

Thanks.

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 10, 2017, 8:14:42 PM6/10/17
to Android-x86
There is no change. You don't need to set DATA=.
But if you set before, you can keep it as.
The only cmdline you have to add for 7.1 is the selinux mode setting:

  androidboot.selinux=permissive

Raymond Lai

Jun 11, 2017, 9:56:01 AM6/11/17
to Android-x86
Glad to see it works so good on my GPD WIN.

A quick 5 minutes test

- screen brightness working
- sound comes out of speaker
- Youtube is working

So magic that it's still using kernel 4.9!
(Seriously, I won't mind older kernels)

May try using HDMI out, earphone, joypad, bluetooth, 3D games, etc... once I got time to set it up on my machine.

Kudos to the team - thanks again for the hard work!

2017年6月8日木曜日 18時23分03秒 UTC+8 Chih-Wei Huang:

Martin Claudio Cota

Jun 12, 2017, 3:58:41 PM6/12/17
to Android-x86
Indeed, removing DATA from my grub setings fixed my booting problem. All my info was there and it's working amazingly well now. Great version by the way.... first time I try Nougat.

Thanks.

2017年6月11日 上午1:16,"Martin Claudio Cota" <moph...@gmail.com>寫道:

El sábado, 10 de junio de 2017, 12:56:58 (UTC-3), youling 257 escribió:
[...]

Kristy Anon

Jun 12, 2017, 9:56:39 PM6/12/17
to Android-x86

Hi Chih-Wei,
Thanks a lot for this build!
I'm using it in a virtualbox and it is running fine, except for the audio, I can't make it work, do you have any workaround for it?
Thanks,
Cristian
Message has been deleted

josephl...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2017, 9:56:39 PM6/12/17
to Android-x86
First of all, a big thank you for the team to make this project happen and you guys rock.

Happy to see my HP 608 G1 tablet (Intel CherryTrail X5 Z8500 cpu) working with this release. I hope I'm not the first HP 608 G1 user who install this version because I hope someone or any guru that could provide some tips on issue that I am facing after installation.

A very quick test:
1. Wifi works
2. Touchscreen works
3. Brightness, power button and volume works
4. Video playback and Youtube works

What's not working and I believe is very important:
1. Sound not working. This tablet is using Intel SST. Using alsa_amixer -c 1, I only see Right Left Speaker, Mic. I didn't see any SPO. Can anyone help me ? Do I need to recompile kernel to make this work ?

2. Power indicator is always showing 100% charged. This might or might not indirectly also causing my tablet to shutdown everytime i boot into the system. Unless I plug in my power in the beginning, otherwise, it will straight goes to shutdown mode.

3. Rotation is not working. Could be Accelerometer and Gyroscope is not, that is why. But no big issue, I can deal with it with manual rotation using 3rd party apps.

The first 2 issue is the most critical one. I hope someone could help me. OR give me some pointers where to look for solution. I have browse through the group, saw some alsa_amixer commands, or download AlsaMixer (Root), all not helping.

Your help is very much appreciated. I do hope to hear if any has successfully install this latest release Android x86 7.1 in their HP 608 G1

Thank you in advanced

YoungJoon Lee

Jun 12, 2017, 9:56:39 PM6/12/17
to Android-x86
Thank you for release.

I test 7.1 yesterday. I cannot found NVMe SSD device on installer. I boot with debug mode and found that nvmen1p1 is not present on /dev/.

So, I download and build nougat-x86 branch.
I set kernel with attached configuration file.

I tried boot with my iso file. But, there is no NVMe SSD. So, I push Detect device menu. after few second, I can found there is my NVMe device. So, I push partition which I want to install. But file system select is not appeared and return to device select menu. there is no error message.  I boot with debug mode and check logs and else. First, dmesg said nvme module is loaded without any errors. Second, I can found device on /dev/ but not registered on /dev/block/.

Another issue is WIFI of ath10k. dmesg log said, same log of ubuntu(wifi works).

There is 2 errors about firmware but finally, board id is detected. There logs are shown on ubuntu too. After boot, I can turn on wifi and wifi setting said looking for ssid.(If WIFI module is not loaded, response of wifi message is different.

I tried, change firmware file name to file name of error message(firmware-5.bin) and place board1 and board2 file. And error message said cannot specify board id.

This is my PC's environment.
MOBO : ASUS z270i strix
SSD : Samsung 960 evo NVMe SSD

Thank you for reading.
KernelConfig.config
Message has been deleted

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 12, 2017, 10:45:43 PM6/12/17
to Android-x86
> First of all, a big thank you for the team to make this project happen and you guys rock.
>
> Happy to see my HP 608 G1 tablet (Intel CherryTrail X5 Z8500 cpu) working with this release. I hope I'm not the first HP 608 G1 user who install this version because I hope someone or any guru that could provide some tips on issue that I am facing after installation.
>
> A very quick test:
> 1. Wifi works
> 2. Touchscreen works
> 3. Brightness, power button and volume works
> 4. Video playback and Youtube works
>
> What's not working and I believe is very important:
> 1. Sound not working. This tablet is using Intel SST. Using alsa_amixer -c 1, I only see Right Left Speaker, Mic. I didn't see any SPO. Can anyone help me ? Do I need to recompile kernel to make this work ?

Probably there is no audio driver for this device,
or we didn't configure it correctly.
You may try to test a modern linux distribution
like ubuntu or fedora to see if it works.
If yes, figure out what driver it is.

> 2. Power indicator is always showing 100% charged. This might or might not indirectly also causing my tablet to shutdown everytime i boot into the system. Unless I plug in my power in the beginning, otherwise, it will straight goes to shutdown mode.
> 3. Rotation is not working. Could be Accelerometer and Gyroscope is not, that is why. But no big issue, I can deal with it with manual rotation using 3rd party apps.

Ditto.

> The first 2 issue is the most critical one. I hope someone could help me. OR give me some pointers where to look for solution. I have browse through the group, saw some alsa_amixer commands, or download AlsaMixer (Root), all not helping.
>
> Your help is very much appreciated. I do hope to hear if any has successfully install this latest release Android x86 7.1 in their HP 608 G1

josephl...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2017, 2:17:04 AM6/13/17
to Android-x86
Thanks Chih-Wei.  Will try Ubuntu and see if it helps.  Thank you

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 13, 2017, 10:12:55 PM6/13/17
to Android-x86
2017年6月10日 下午2:59,"Krister Hallergard" <khall...@gmail.com>寫道:

> Had a successful upgrade from 6.0-r3, details here https://goo.gl/21QMP0

About the App Drawer, just press "^" icon.
Or swipe the below app line from bottom to top.

Krister Hallergard

Jun 14, 2017, 8:55:01 AM6/14/17
to Android-x86
Thanks, I was not aware of this with the new launcher! Also KODI solved with the native bridge support, blog updated.
Message has been deleted

Doug McKeen

Jun 14, 2017, 10:14:13 PM6/14/17
to Android-x86
Nougat! Nice! and thanks.

I'm sometimes getting "shifted graphics" that I hadn't seen with previous android-x86 installs. My screen is shifted about 40% to the side (and wraps around the other side). Touches still work, but only where the item touched would normally be.

The shifted graphics seem to occur randomly...sometimes happening when rebooted from within Windows 10 and sometimes happening with a cold boot and sometimes the graphics work fine. There doesn't seem to be any consistency into when it happens.

When the shifted graphics does happen, it appears during the boot sequence. I can see it with some of the console output and then the "android" splash screen.

I'm using an Asus T100HA with Z3775 CPU and Intel HD Graphics.

Other hardware seems to be functioning similarly to that with android-x86 MM...(not working=brightness adjustment, auto brightness, camera, notification/camera light stuck on). Now working=volume and mute adjustments with keyboard dock and auto rotate!)

If I could only disable that stuck light and adjust the screen brightness I'd be using this all the time.

Thanks for nougat!

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 14, 2017, 11:25:38 PM6/14/17
to Android-x86
> Nougat! Nice! and thanks.
>
> I'm sometimes getting "shifted graphics" that I hadn't seen with previous android-x86 installs. My screen is shifted about 40% to the side (and wraps around the other side). Touches still work, but only where the item touched would normally be.
>
> The shifted graphics seem to occur randomly...sometimes happening when rebooted from within Windows 10 and sometimes happening with a cold boot and sometimes the graphics work fine. There doesn't seem to be any consistency into when it happens.
>
> When the shifted graphics does happen, it appears during the boot sequence. I can see it with some of the console output and then the "android" splash screen.
>
> I'm using an Asus T100HA with Z3775 CPU and Intel HD Graphics.

Sounds like you have the same issue I saw on T100TA.

I can just say the 32-bit image always works well,
but the 64-bit image has the same issue.

> Other hardware seems to be functioning similarly to that with android-x86 MM...(not working=brightness adjustment, auto brightness, camera, notification/camera light stuck on). Now working=volume and mute adjustments with keyboard dock and auto rotate!)
>
> If I could only disable that stuck light and adjust the screen brightness I'd be using this all the time.

Same on T100TA.

Honestly speaking I didn't notice brightness adjustment
doesn't work now. I thought it worked before.
So I made the tests:

Work: 4.4-r5 (kernel 4.0.9)
Not work: 6.0-r3 (kernel 4.4.62), 7.1-rc1 (kernel 4.9.31)

Need to survey what caused the regression.

Povilas Staniulis

Jun 15, 2017, 8:21:03 AM6/15/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On 2017.06.15 06:25, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:
>> Nougat! Nice! and thanks.
>>
>> I'm sometimes getting "shifted graphics" that I hadn't seen with previous android-x86 installs. My screen is shifted about 40% to the side (and wraps around the other side). Touches still work, but only where the item touched would normally be.
>>
>> The shifted graphics seem to occur randomly...sometimes happening when rebooted from within Windows 10 and sometimes happening with a cold boot and sometimes the graphics work fine. There doesn't seem to be any consistency into when it happens.
>>
>> When the shifted graphics does happen, it appears during the boot sequence. I can see it with some of the console output and then the "android" splash screen.
>>
>> I'm using an Asus T100HA with Z3775 CPU and Intel HD Graphics.
> Sounds like you have the same issue I saw on T100TA.
>
> I can just say the 32-bit image always works well,
> but the 64-bit image has the same issue.
I no longer experience this issue on kernel 4.12.

You said that this issue can be fixed by tweaking kernel build options.

>> Other hardware seems to be functioning similarly to that with android-x86 MM...(not working=brightness adjustment, auto brightness, camera, notification/camera light stuck on). Now working=volume and mute adjustments with keyboard dock and auto rotate!)
>>
>> If I could only disable that stuck light and adjust the screen brightness I'd be using this all the time.
> Same on T100TA.
>
> Honestly speaking I didn't notice brightness adjustment
> doesn't work now. I thought it worked before.
> So I made the tests:
>
> Work: 4.4-r5 (kernel 4.0.9)
> Not work: 6.0-r3 (kernel 4.4.62), 7.1-rc1 (kernel 4.9.31)
>
> Need to survey what caused the regression.

Light is no longer stuck on 4.12, but Atom ISP driver does not work,
even after hacking T100TA's BIOS to expose the ISP 2400 as a PCI device.

Brightness works fine in 4.12 for me, but needs some patches and some
config tweaks (mainly involving making all Designware drivers built-in)
to work in 4.9.

Ala'a Al-jabahji

Jun 15, 2017, 9:44:38 PM6/15/17
to Android-x86
Hi there,

  thanks for your efforts to produce this image.

I've just had an issue, I'm trying to install android on my 2 in 1 mini laptop (Acer One S1003)
until now i can't even boot to the system and every time stack on a black screen or after boot there is no wireless option

could you please help me on this please?

regards,
Alaa

On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 2:23:03 PM UTC+4, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:
Hi all,
After about 11 months of development,
we are able to release the first rc of 7.1 (nougat-x86).
It's longer than I expected. But finally we did it.

By using latest LTS kernel 4.9.31 and Mesa 17.1.2,
we are able to support more devices and peripherals.

The most significant improvement of this release
is the hardware accelerated codecs support
on devices with Intel HD graphics family.
This reduces the CPU usage on playing video.
On an device with Intel core i3 or better
we can play 4K video smoothly.
Please see VAAPI doc to see
what processors and codecs are supported:
https://github.com/01org/intel-vaapi-driver/blob/master/README
Besides, with the latest ffmpeg plugins
we are able to play almost all video files.

Hope you enjoy it!

Doug McKeen

Jun 15, 2017, 9:44:45 PM6/15/17
to Android-x86

On Wednesday, 14 June 2017 21:25:38 UTC-6, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:

I can just say the 32-bit image always works well,
but the 64-bit image has the same issue.

> Other hardware seems to be functioning similarly to that with android-x86 MM...(not working=brightness adjustment, auto brightness, camera, notification/camera light stuck on). Now working=volume and mute adjustments with keyboard dock and auto rotate!)
>
> If I could only disable that stuck light and adjust the screen brightness I'd be using this all the time.

Same on T100TA.

Honestly speaking I didn't notice brightness adjustment
doesn't work now. I thought it worked before.
So I made the tests:

Work: 4.4-r5 (kernel 4.0.9)
Not work: 6.0-r3 (kernel 4.4.62), 7.1-rc1 (kernel 4.9.31)

Need to survey what caused the regression.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project
http://www.android-x86.org

Thanks. Trying the 32-bit image now.

Raymond Lai

Jun 16, 2017, 9:56:13 AM6/16/17
to Android-x86

I too wanted to use kernel 4.12 seeing hardware support is better. However whenever I play videos, I got error messages from BufferQueueProducer and SoftwareRenderer, saying things like

BufferQueueProducer: dequeueBuffer: attempting to exceed the max dequeued buffer count (2)
SoftwareRenderer: Surface::dequeueBuffer returned error -38

Youtube, MX player both suffered from this, but not with kernel 4.9. Video can play using software decoder in MX player instead.

I know this is not supported, but anyone else experienced this too on mainline kernels? Perhaps problem with hardware video acceleration?

Device: GPD WIN (Z8700, 4GB, 64GB, brcm4356)

2017年6月8日木曜日 18時23分03秒 UTC+8 Chih-Wei Huang:
Hi all,
After about 11 months of development,
we are able to release the first rc of 7.1 (nougat-x86).
It's longer than I expected. But finally we did it.

By using latest LTS kernel 4.9.31 and Mesa 17.1.2,
we are able to support more devices and peripherals.

The most significant improvement of this release
is the hardware accelerated codecs support
on devices with Intel HD graphics family.
This reduces the CPU usage on playing video.
On an device with Intel core i3 or better
we can play 4K video smoothly.
Please see VAAPI doc to see
what processors and codecs are supported:
https://github.com/01org/intel-vaapi-driver/blob/master/README
Besides, with the latest ffmpeg plugins
we are able to play almost all video files.

Hope you enjoy it!

Screenshot_20170616-131534.png

Jon West

Jun 16, 2017, 11:38:12 AM6/16/17
to Android-x86
To test this theory, you could open up a build.prop editor, and change media.sf.hwaccel from 1 to 0. then reboot and see how video fares from there

Raymond Lai

Jun 17, 2017, 9:27:24 AM6/17/17
to Android-x86
No go, still the same.

Maybe I should try the test build for Asus T100 posted in another thread and see what happens... but that kernel seems missing some GPD WIN specific patches to make wifi work... but anyway.

2017年6月16日金曜日 23時38分12秒 UTC+8 Jon West:
Message has been deleted

Slawomir Nowakowski

Jun 18, 2017, 2:20:09 AM6/18/17
to Android-x86
Hello all

No sound Realtek RT5640

Sorry for my language, my English isn’t good. I would like to change the system Windows 10 on my tablet to Android-x86 7.1-rc1, but I haven’t sound.
I would like change system because Windows 10 is very terrible on this device ( 1 GB RAM only ) . Android working very fast.
Processor Intel Atom Z3735G
WiFi Realtek RTL8723BS
Sound - Card-1 Intel HDMI/DP LPE Audio driver: HdmiLpeAudio Card-2 bytcr-RT5640

I haven't problem with WiFi, bluetooth but sound not work.
Do you have any ideas how to fix this?
Thanks for help

Dondre Johnson

Jun 18, 2017, 2:20:09 AM6/18/17
to Android-x86
On Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 6:23:03 AM UTC-4, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:
> Hi all,
> After about 11 months of development,
> we are able to release the first rc of 7.1 (nougat-x86).
> It's longer than I expected. But finally we did it.
>
> By using latest LTS kernel 4.9.31 and Mesa 17.1.2,
> we are able to support more devices and peripherals.
>
> The most significant improvement of this release
> is the hardware accelerated codecs support
> on devices with Intel HD graphics family.
> This reduces the CPU usage on playing video.
> On an device with Intel core i3 or better
> we can play 4K video smoothly.
> Please see VAAPI doc to see
> what processors and codecs are supported:
> https://github.com/01org/intel-vaapi-driver/blob/master/README
> Besides, with the latest ffmpeg plugins
> we are able to play almost all video files.
>
> Hope you enjoy it!
>

> --
> Chih-Wei
> Android-x86 project
> http://www.android-x86.org

Hello. Did you already support OTA updates?
- Support pages in Google Chrome app being in desktop mode by default
- Support Google+ app
- Support Zooming simulation (like in Remix OS, make the zoom shortcut Ctrl+Alt+mouse scroll)
Message has been deleted

YoungJoon Lee

Jun 18, 2017, 2:20:17 AM6/18/17
to Android-x86
Hello, Chih-Wei. I have one more question. How can I install Gapps on android-X86 build from source?

Thank you very much.

2017년 6월 8일 목요일 오후 7시 23분 3초 UTC+9, Chih-Wei Huang 님의 말:

Henri Koivuneva

Jun 18, 2017, 5:50:37 AM6/18/17
to Android-x86
YoungJoon Lee, you need to rebuild with built-in opengapps, check to these instructions: https://github.com/opengapps/aosp_build
Message has been deleted

Joseph Lim

Jun 18, 2017, 10:21:09 PM6/18/17
to Android-x86
Do you guys have problem with Bluetooth ?  My bluetooth is turning on and off repeatedly.   I have switch into Ubuntu and the bluetooth is working fine.  I have the dmesg for this 2 operating system.  Can someone tell me whats the problem ?

Android x86 7.1 (Non-Working Bluetooth, on and off repeatedly)
x86_64:/ # dmesg | grep -i blue
[   11.098330] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.22
[   11.098458] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
[   11.098473] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
[   11.098514] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
[   11.098584] Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized
[   11.136940] Bluetooth: hci0: read Intel version: 370810011003110e00
[   11.163502] Bluetooth: hci0: Intel Bluetooth firmware file: intel/ibt-hw-37.8.10-fw-1.10.3.11.e.bseq
[   11.484266] Bluetooth: hci0: Intel Bluetooth firmware patch completed and activated
[   12.547247] Bluetooth: HCI UART driver ver 2.3
[   12.547252] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol H4 registered
[   12.547253] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol BCSP registered
[   12.547254] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol LL registered
[   12.547255] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol ATH3K registered
[   12.547256] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol Three-wire (H5) registered
[   12.547368] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol Intel registered
[   12.547406] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol Broadcom registered
[   12.547408] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol QCA registered
[  145.324571] type=1400 audit(1497806387.875:545): avc: denied { create } for pid=5342 comm="hci_thread" scontext=u:r:bluetooth:s0 tcontext=u:r:bluetooth:s0 tclass=socket permissive=1
[  145.325831] type=1400 audit(1497806387.876:546): avc: denied { bind } for pid=5342 comm="hci_thread" scontext=u:r:bluetooth:s0 tcontext=u:r:bluetooth:s0 tclass=socket permissive=1
[  145.325919] type=1400 audit(1497806387.876:547): avc: denied { write } for pid=5342 comm="hci_thread" path="socket:[69802]" dev="sockfs" ino=69802 scontext=u:r:bluetooth:s0 tcontext=u:r:bluetooth:s0 tclass=socket permissive=1
[  145.325976] type=1400 audit(1497806387.876:548): avc: denied { read } for pid=5342 comm="hci_thread" path="socket:[69802]" dev="sockfs" ino=69802 scontext=u:r:bluetooth:s0 tcontext=u:r:bluetooth:s0 tclass=socket permissive=1
[  198.026678] type=1400 audit(1497806440.578:593): avc: denied { create } for pid=5960 comm="hci_thread" scontext=u:r:bluetooth:s0 tcontext=u:r:bluetooth:s0 tclass=socket permissive=1
[  198.028873] type=1400 audit(1497806440.580:594): avc: denied { bind } for pid=5960 comm="hci_thread" scontext=u:r:bluetooth:s0 tcontext=u:r:bluetooth:s0 tclass=socket permissive=1
[  198.028989] type=1400 audit(1497806440.580:595): avc: denied { write } for pid=5960 comm="hci_thread" path="socket:[89576]" dev="sockfs" ino=89576 scontext=u:r:bluetooth:s0 tcontext=u:r:bluetooth:s0 tclass=socket permissive=1
[  198.029050] type=1400 audit(1497806440.580:596): avc: denied { read } for pid=5960 comm="hci_thread" path="socket:[89576]" dev="sockfs" ino=89576 scontext=u:r:bluetooth:s0 tcontext=u:r:bluetooth:s0 tclass=socket permissive=1
[  210.555713] type=1400 audit(1497806453.107:617): avc: denied { create } for pid=6342 comm="hci_thread" scontext=u:r:bluetooth:s0 tcontext=u:r:bluetooth:s0 tclass=socket permissive=1
[  210.556782] type=1400 audit(1497806453.108:618): avc: denied { bind } for pid=6342 comm="hci_thread" scontext=u:r:bluetooth:s0 tcontext=u:r:bluetooth:s0 tclass=socket permissive=1

UBUNTU 16.04.2 LTS  (Working Bluetooth)
=============================
josephlim@PCPL003:~$ dmesg | grep -i blue
[    7.134179] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.21
[    7.134208] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
[    7.134215] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
[    7.134220] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
[    7.134231] Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized
[    7.160270] Bluetooth: HCI UART driver ver 2.3
[    7.160273] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol H4 registered
[    7.160275] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol BCSP registered
[    7.160276] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol LL registered
[    7.160277] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol ATH3K registered
[    7.160278] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol Three-wire (H5) registered
[    7.160381] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol Intel registered
[    7.160414] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol BCM registered
[    7.160415] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol QCA registered
[    7.160416] Bluetooth: HCI UART protocol AG6XX registered
[    7.542030] Bluetooth: hci0: read Intel version: 370810011003110e00
[    7.556469] Bluetooth: hci0: Intel Bluetooth firmware file: intel/ibt-hw-37.8.10-fw-1.10.3.11.e.bseq
[    7.928052] Bluetooth: hci0: Intel Bluetooth firmware patch completed and activated
[    9.324399] Bluetooth: BNEP (Ethernet Emulation) ver 1.3
[    9.324402] Bluetooth: BNEP filters: protocol multicast
[    9.324408] Bluetooth: BNEP socket layer initialized
[   21.209806] Bluetooth: RFCOMM TTY layer initialized
[   21.209823] Bluetooth: RFCOMM socket layer initialized
[   21.209844] Bluetooth: RFCOMM ver 1.11

ti...@protonmail.com

Jun 18, 2017, 10:21:16 PM6/18/17
to Android-x86
I encountered a problem that WeChat would display a black screen or simply crash upon openning. Release 6.0-r3 does not have this problem. I'm running android-x86_64-7.1-rc1 in VirtualBox with AMD APU.

Joseph Lim

Jun 18, 2017, 10:21:16 PM6/18/17
to Android-x86
Hi Wei Huang,

I have installed Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS, it doesn't have sound.  I try to understand more on the sound driver, therefore, I have tried my tablet in Android x86 7.1 with the following command:-

$ alsa_aplay -l

card 1: IntelHdmiLpeAud [IntelHdmiLpeAudio], device 0: IntelHdmiLpeAudio [IntelHdmiLpeAudio]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

It says card 1 found.  Does that means the sound driver in loaded ?  I have noticed that my sound card is using Conexant and it requires CX2072 audio codec.  Does that means I need this codec in order for the sound to work ?

I have attached my Dmesg.txt, I saw alot of "avc: denied" messages.  Will that cause any problem ?

On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 10:45:43 PM UTC-4, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:
dmesg.zip

YoungJoon Lee

Jun 18, 2017, 10:21:16 PM6/18/17
to Android-x86
Thank you very much. It is what I want. Have a Great weekend.

2017년 6월 18일 일요일 오후 6시 50분 37초 UTC+9, Henri Koivuneva 님의 말:

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 18, 2017, 10:34:33 PM6/18/17
to Android-x86
> Hi Wei Huang,
>
> I have installed Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS, it doesn't have sound. I try to
> understand more on the sound driver, therefore, I have tried my tablet in
> Android x86 7.1 with the following command:-
>
> $ alsa_aplay -l

> card 1: IntelHdmiLpeAud [IntelHdmiLpeAudio], device 0: IntelHdmiLpeAudio
> [IntelHdmiLpeAudio]
> Subdevices: 1/1
> Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>
> It says card 1 found. Does that means the sound driver in loaded ? I have

This is HDMI audio.
You can test if you connect to
an HDMI monitor.

> noticed that my sound card is using Conexant and it requires CX2072 audio
> codec. Does that means I need this codec in order for the sound to work ?

I think Conexant codec is included though
I don't know if it supports the particular one.

> I have attached my Dmesg.txt, I saw alot of "avc: denied" messages. Will
> that cause any problem ?

Nope.

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 19, 2017, 2:10:02 AM6/19/17
to Android-x86
The dmesg seems OK.
Do you have hci0 interface on?
Check 'hciconfig'
Also check logcat to see what happened.

youling 257

Jun 19, 2017, 10:00:11 PM6/19/17
to Android-x86
6.0 r3 and 7.1.2 rc1,
[ 778.944698] Bluetooth: Non-link packet received in non-active state
[ 778.945175] Bluetooth: Non-link packet received in non-active state
[ 778.946828] Bluetooth: Non-link packet received in non-active state
[ 778.947578] Bluetooth: Out-of-order packet arrived (1 != 0)
[ 778.948973] Bluetooth: Non-link packet received in non-active state
[ 778.950030] Bluetooth: Out-of-order packet arrived (2 != 0)
[ 778.950047] Bluetooth: Non-link packet received in non-active state
[ 778.950059] Bluetooth: Non-link packet received in non-active state
[ 778.950070] Bluetooth: Non-link packet received in non-active state
[ 778.950080] Bluetooth: Non-link packet received in non-active state
[ 778.950091] Bluetooth: Non-link packet received in non-active state
[ 778.950551] Bluetooth: Non-link packet received in non-active state
[ 778.950939] Bluetooth: Out-of-order packet arrived (1 != 0)
[ 778.951927] Bluetooth: Out-of-order packet arrived (2 != 0)
[ 778.951947] Bluetooth: Out-of-order packet arrived (3 != 0)
[ 778.953638] Bluetooth: Non-link packet received in non-active state
[ 778.955859] Bluetooth: Non-link packet received in non-active state
[ 778.957955] Bluetooth: Non-link packet received in non-active state
[ 778.958552] Bluetooth: Out-of-order packet arrived (7 != 0)
[ 778.960112] Bluetooth: Non-link packet received in non-active state
[ 778.961476] Bluetooth: Non-link packet received in non-active state
[ 778.962367] Bluetooth: Non-link packet received in non-active state
[ 778.963037] Bluetooth: Out-of-order packet arrived (1 != 0)
[ 778.964543] Bluetooth: Non-link packet received in non-active state
[ 778.965221] Bluetooth: Out-of-order packet arrived (2 != 0)
[ 778.966845] Bluetooth: Non-link packet received in non-active state
[ 778.967295] Bluetooth: Out-of-order packet arrived (3 != 0)
[ 778.969023] Bluetooth: Non-link packet received in non-active state
[ 778.969420] Bluetooth: Out-of-order packet arrived (4 != 0)
[ 963.960810] Bluetooth: Out-of-order packet arrived (7 != 0)

在 2017年6月19日星期一 UTC+8上午10:21:09,Joseph Lim写道:

Hank Liao

Jun 19, 2017, 10:00:11 PM6/19/17
to Android-x86
Chih-Wei Huang於 2017年6月8日星期四 UTC+8下午6時23分03秒寫道:
> Hi all,
> After about 11 months of development,
> we are able to release the first rc of 7.1 (nougat-x86).
> It's longer than I expected. But finally we did it.
>
> By using latest LTS kernel 4.9.31 and Mesa 17.1.2,
> we are able to support more devices and peripherals.
>
> The most significant improvement of this release
> is the hardware accelerated codecs support
> on devices with Intel HD graphics family.
> This reduces the CPU usage on playing video.
> On an device with Intel core i3 or better
> we can play 4K video smoothly.
> Please see VAAPI doc to see
> what processors and codecs are supported:
> https://github.com/01org/intel-vaapi-driver/blob/master/README
> Besides, with the latest ffmpeg plugins
> we are able to play almost all video files.
>
> Hope you enjoy it!
>

> --
> Chih-Wei
> Android-x86 project
> http://www.android-x86.org

Hello, using 7.1 rc1 on surface 3(non pro)and there is No sound

x86_64:/ # alsa_aplay -l
card 0: IntelHdmiLpeAud [IntelHdmiLpeAudio], device 0: IntelHdmiLpeAudio [IntelHdmiLpeAudio]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
here is dmesg: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B924Ont99WuTWEc0X0pXNWRDLTg/view?usp=sharing

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 19, 2017, 10:56:48 PM6/19/17
to Android-x86
> Hello, using 7.1 rc1 on surface 3(non pro)and there is No sound
>
> x86_64:/ # alsa_aplay -l
> card 0: IntelHdmiLpeAud [IntelHdmiLpeAudio], device 0: IntelHdmiLpeAudio [IntelHdmiLpeAudio]
> Subdevices: 1/1
> Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> here is dmesg: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B924Ont99WuTWEc0X0pXNWRDLTg/view?usp=sharing

Your kernel is mime but why your system is RemixOS,
as shown in cmdline?

BOOT_IMAGE=/RemixOS/kernel root=/dev/ram0 SERIAL=random
logo.showlogo=1 androidboot.selinux=permissive quiet DATA= SRC=RemixOS
CREATE_DATA_IMG=1

Did you just run RemixOS with replaced 7.1-rc1 kernel?
If so, you also need to copy /etc/alsa/chtrt5645.state
from 7.1-rc1.

Hank Liao

Jun 19, 2017, 11:41:19 PM6/19/17
to Android-x86

Chih-Wei Huang於 2017年6月20日星期二 UTC+8上午10時56分48秒寫道:
No I it just using remixos grub ,system.img data.img is 7.1 rc1 and it also no sound when using usb live mode. Thank.

Hank Liao

Jun 19, 2017, 11:41:27 PM6/19/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Windows 10 郵件傳送

寄件者: Chih-Wei Huang
傳送時間: 2017620 上午 10:56
收件者: Android-x86
主旨: Re: Hello, using 7.1 rc1 on surface 3(non pro)and there is No sound

No I it just using remixos grub ,system.img data.img is 7.1 rc1 and it also no sound when using usb live mode. Thank.

講中文嗎?

YoungJoon Lee

Jun 19, 2017, 11:41:27 PM6/19/17
to Android-x86
Hello. I tried your link yesterday. receive next error.

[ 0% 29/27685] target Prebuilt: libfacenet (out/target/product…SHARED_LIBRARIES/libfacenet_intermediates/LINKED/libfacenet.so)
FAILED: /bin/bash -c "out/host/linux-x86/bin/acp -fp out/target/product/x86_64/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libfacenet_intermediates/LINKED/libfacenet.so"
acp: missing destination file
build/core/ninja.mk:148: recipe for target 'ninja_wrapper' failed.

How can I fix this error? I cannot found libfacenet.so.
I sync repo with --no-tags and --no-clone-bundle option.

2017년 6월 18일 일요일 오후 6시 50분 37초 UTC+9, Henri Koivuneva 님의 말:

YoungJoon Lee

Jun 20, 2017, 6:40:04 AM6/20/17
to Android-x86
I also found that opengapps/aosp_also doesn't include libfacenet.so

2017년 6월 20일 화요일 오후 12시 41분 27초 UTC+9, YoungJoon Lee 님의 말:

Seis

Jun 21, 2017, 9:48:16 PM6/21/17
to Android-x86
I have a problem with my Surface 3. Everything worked fine for one day, but after I put my device to sleep I could not wake it up again. Even a restart doesnt work. My Device always restarts after detecting Android-X86. It only shows Android_ (before showing #-Symbol) and then restarts. Many thanks in advance!

Joseph Lim

Jun 21, 2017, 9:48:16 PM6/21/17
to Android-x86
Hi Wei Huang,

Any luck if you could add this patches into the latest kernel to support Cherry Trail with Conexant CX2072 codec sound driver ?

There are discussion from this thread and kudos to Takashi and Pierre for making this working on new tablet running Cherry Trail.

This

On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 10:45:43 PM UTC-4, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:
> First of all, a big thank you for the team to make this project happen and you guys rock.
>
> Happy to see my HP 608 G1 tablet (Intel CherryTrail X5 Z8500 cpu) working with this release.  I hope I'm not the first HP 608 G1 user who install this version because I hope someone or any guru that could provide some tips on issue that I am facing after installation.
>
> A very quick test:
> 1.  Wifi works
> 2.  Touchscreen works
> 3.  Brightness, power button and volume works
> 4.  Video playback and Youtube works
>
> What's not working and I believe is very important:
> 1.  Sound not working.  This tablet is using Intel SST.  Using alsa_amixer -c 1, I only see Right Left Speaker, Mic.  I didn't see any SPO.  Can anyone help me ?  Do I need to recompile kernel to make this work ?

Probably there is no audio driver for this device,
or we didn't configure it correctly.
You may try to test a modern linux distribution
like ubuntu or fedora to see if it works.
If yes, figure out what driver it is.

> 2.  Power indicator is always showing 100% charged.  This might or might not indirectly also causing my tablet to shutdown everytime i boot into the system.  Unless I plug in my power in the beginning, otherwise, it will straight goes to shutdown mode.
> 3.  Rotation is not working.  Could be Accelerometer and Gyroscope is not, that is why.  But no big issue, I can deal with it with manual rotation using 3rd party apps.

Ditto.

> The first 2 issue is the most critical one.  I hope someone could help me.  OR give me some pointers where to look for solution.  I have browse through the group, saw some alsa_amixer commands, or download AlsaMixer (Root), all not helping.
>
> Your help is very much appreciated.  I do hope to hear if any has successfully install this latest release Android x86 7.1 in their HP 608 G1

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 21, 2017, 9:56:21 PM6/21/17
to Android-x86
> Hi Wei Huang,
>
> Any luck if you could add this patches into the latest kernel to support
> Cherry Trail with Conexant CX2072 codec sound driver ?
>
> https://github.com/CNXT-Jerry/CX2072X
>
> There are discussion from this thread and kudos to Takashi and Pierre for
> making this working on new tablet running Cherry Trail.
>
> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=115531

Hmm. Seems to be a long discussion.
Will take a look when time available.

youling 257

Jun 22, 2017, 9:42:46 PM6/22/17
to Android-x86

youling 257

Jun 22, 2017, 9:42:46 PM6/22/17
to Android-x86
available at upstream,https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/log/?h=topic/soc-cx2072xhttps://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/log/?h=topic/soc-cx2072x-4.10 ,add these patches to 4.9,should be no problem.
if you get sound work on desktop Linux by pluseaudio and ucm file,please you provide asound.state file,it is system/etc/alsa/chtcx2072x.state .

在 2017年6月22日星期四 UTC+8上午9:48:16,Joseph Lim写道:

youling 257

Jun 22, 2017, 9:42:52 PM6/22/17
to Android-x86

在 2017年6月22日星期四 UTC+8上午9:48:16,Joseph Lim写道:
Hi Wei Huang,

youling 257

Jun 22, 2017, 9:42:52 PM6/22/17
to Android-x86
need these patches .
ASoC: cx2072x: Add DT bingings documentation for CX2072X CODEC
ASoC: add support for Conexant CX2072X CODEC
ASoC: Intel: Add machine driver for Cherrytrail-CX2072X
ASoC: Intel: add support for CX2072x machine driver
ASoC: cx2072x: Add missing declarations of jack detection helpers
ASoC: cx2072x: Fix missing DAPM entry definitions
ASoC: intel: Add headset jack support to cht-cx2072x
ASoC: cx2072x: Fix missing power hooks
ASoC: cx2072x: Workaround for the jack detection during cache-only

在 2017年6月22日星期四 UTC+8上午9:48:16,Joseph Lim写道:
Hi Wei Huang,

nassim moualek

Jun 25, 2017, 2:10:06 PM6/25/17
to Android-x86
Hi, i also have an Intel Bluetooth and i encountered the same problem, i try to install the version 6 or 7 on VMBox or directly onmy Asus UX501V, but the result is the same,
its connect and disconnect just after,i dont know how to read the log, it seems i need to root the OS and dont know how to do it also, could you help me to fix the issue, i am new to Androidx86.

Thanks

fguy

Jul 29, 2017, 5:13:12 AM7/29/17
to Android-x86
build android 7 x64 with last commit (28-29.07.2017) crash with error in drm
[ 70% 36904/52346] target  C++: hwcomposer.drm_32 <= external/drm_hwcomposer/drmdisplaycompositor.cpp
FAILED: /bin/bash -c "(PWD=/proc/self/cwd  prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-2690385/bin/clang++ -I external/gbm_gralloc -I external/libdrm -I external/libdrm/include/drm -I system/core/include/utils -I system/core/libsync -I system/core/libsync/include -I external/drm_hwcomposer -I out/target/product/x86_64/obj_x86/SHARED_LIBRARIES/hwcomposer.drm_intermediates -I out/target/product/x86_64/gen/SHARED_LIBRARIES/hwcomposer.drm_intermediates -I libnativehelper/include/nativehelper \$(cat out/target/product/x86_64/obj_x86/SHARED_LIBRARIES/hwcomposer.drm_intermediates/import_includes) -isystem system/core/include -isystem system/media/audio/include -isystem hardware/libhardware/include -isystem hardware/libhardware_legacy/include -isystem hardware/ril/include -isystem libnativehelper/include -isystem frameworks/native/include -isystem frameworks/native/opengl/include -isystem frameworks/av/include -isystem frameworks/base/include -isystem out/target/product/x86_64/obj/include -isystem bionic/libc/arch-x86/include -isystem bionic/libc/include -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/uapi -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/common -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/uapi/asm-x86 -isystem bionic/libm/include -isystem bionic/libm/include/i387 -c    -fno-exceptions -Wno-multichar -O2 -Wa,--noexecstack -Werror=format-security -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -ffunction-sections -fno-short-enums -fstrict-aliasing -funwind-tables -fstack-protector-strong -m32 -no-canonical-prefixes -march=prescott -msse4 -msse4.1 -msse4.2 -DANDROID -fmessage-length=0 -W -Wall -Wno-unused -Winit-self -Wpointer-arith -Werror=return-type -Werror=non-virtual-dtor -Werror=address -Werror=sequence-point -Werror=date-time -O2 -g -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -UDEBUG  -D__compiler_offsetof=__builtin_offsetof -Werror=int-conversion -Wno-reserved-id-macro -Wno-format-pedantic -Wno-unused-command-line-argument -fcolor-diagnostics -nostdlibinc    -msse3 -target i686-linux-android -Bprebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/x86/x86_64-linux-android-4.9/x86_64-linux-android/bin -mstackrealign    -Wsign-promo  -Wno-inconsistent-missing-override -nostdlibinc     -fno-rtti -fPIC -D_USING_LIBCXX -std=gnu++14 -DUSE_DRM_GENERIC_IMPORTER  -Werror=int-to-pointer-cast -Werror=pointer-to-int-cast  -Werror=address-of-temporary -Werror=null-dereference -Werror=return-type    -MD -MF out/target/product/x86_64/obj_x86/SHARED_LIBRARIES/hwcomposer.drm_intermediates/drmdisplaycompositor.d -o out/target/product/x86_64/obj_x86/SHARED_LIBRARIES/hwcomposer.drm_intermediates/drmdisplaycompositor.o external/drm_hwcomposer/drmdisplaycompositor.cpp ) && (cp out/target/product/x86_64/obj_x86/SHARED_LIBRARIES/hwcomposer.drm_intermediates/drmdisplaycompositor.d out/target/product/x86_64/obj_x86/SHARED_LIBRARIES/hwcomposer.drm_intermediates/drmdisplaycompositor.P; sed -e 's/#.*//' -e 's/^[^:]*: *//' -e 's/ *\\\\\$//' -e '/^\$/ d' -e 's/\$/ :/' < out/target/product/x86_64/obj_x86/SHARED_LIBRARIES/hwcomposer.drm_intermediates/drmdisplaycompositor.d >> out/target/product/x86_64/obj_x86/SHARED_LIBRARIES/hwcomposer.drm_intermediates/drmdisplaycompositor.P; rm -f out/target/product/x86_64/obj_x86/SHARED_LIBRARIES/hwcomposer.drm_intermediates/drmdisplaycompositor.d )"
external/drm_hwcomposer/drmdisplaycompositor.cpp:691:26: error: use of undeclared identifier 'DRM_REFLECT_X'
        rotation |= 1 << DRM_REFLECT_X;
                         ^
external/drm_hwcomposer/drmdisplaycompositor.cpp:693:26: error: use of undeclared identifier 'DRM_REFLECT_Y'
        rotation |= 1 << DRM_REFLECT_Y;
                         ^
external/drm_hwcomposer/drmdisplaycompositor.cpp:695:26: error: use of undeclared identifier 'DRM_ROTATE_90'
        rotation |= 1 << DRM_ROTATE_90;
                         ^
external/drm_hwcomposer/drmdisplaycompositor.cpp:697:26: error: use of undeclared identifier 'DRM_ROTATE_180'
        rotation |= 1 << DRM_ROTATE_180;
                         ^
external/drm_hwcomposer/drmdisplaycompositor.cpp:699:26: error: use of undeclared identifier 'DRM_ROTATE_270'
        rotation |= 1 << DRM_ROTATE_270;
                         ^
external/drm_hwcomposer/drmdisplaycompositor.cpp:701:26: error: use of undeclared identifier 'DRM_ROTATE_0'
        rotation |= 1 << DRM_ROTATE_0;
                         ^
external/drm_hwcomposer/drmdisplaycompositor.cpp:717:27: error: use of undeclared identifier 'DRM_ROTATE_0'
    if ((rotation != 1 << DRM_ROTATE_0) && plane->rotation_property().id() == 0) {
                          ^
7 errors generated.
[ 70% 36904/52346] target  C++: hwcomposer.drm_32 <= external/drm_hwcomposer/drmdisplaycomposition.cpp

build/core/ninja.mk:148: recipe for target 'ninja_wrapper' failed
make: *** [ninja_wrapper] Error 1

Mauro Rossi

Jul 29, 2017, 5:19:13 AM7/29/17
to Android-x86
 Hi,

I also see a building error on drm_hwcomposer, I had to apply one of Rob Herring commits

utente@utente-System-Product-Name:~/nougat-x86$ cd external/

utente@utente-System-Product-Name:~/nougat-x86/external$ cd drm_hwcomposer/

utente@utente-System-Product-Name:~/nougat-x86/external/drm_hwcomposer$ git remote add robherring https://github.com/robherring/drm_hwcomposer

utente@utente-System-Product-Name:~/nougat-x86/external/drm_hwcomposer$ git fetch robherring android-m
 * branch            android-m  -> FETCH_HEAD
 * [new branch]      android-m  -> robherring/android-m

utente@utente-System-Product-Name:~/nougat-x86/external/drm_hwcomposer$ git cherry-pick b40363552334c0f57d59df41fc70c1a9a4517681
[detached HEAD 2c71eca] HACK: add rotation defines

Now I can build.
Mauro

fguy

Jul 29, 2017, 7:31:34 AM7/29/17
to Android-x86
I also see a building error on drm_hwcomposer, I had to apply one of Rob Herring commits

Many thanks - "make completed successfully"

fguy

Jul 29, 2017, 11:24:14 AM7/29/17
to Android-x86
After changing the kernel from 4.4 to 4.9 there is no sound if the wifi is turned on at boot. I'm using a tablet HP Pavilion x2 Detach 12-b000ur with intel hda sound.

Mauro Rossi

Jul 29, 2017, 12:09:33 PM7/29/17
to Android-x86
This workaround is not necessary anymore,
Chih-Wei told to just:

repo sync external/libdrm

fguy

Aug 15, 2017, 6:37:54 PM8/15/17
to Android-x86
After updating to 7.1.2-r33, the brightness of the display is not adjusted

Chih-Wei Huang

Aug 16, 2017, 10:13:56 PM8/16/17
to Android-x86
> After updating to 7.1.2-r33, the brightness of the display is not adjusted

Hmm, strange.
I didn't see any explicit change that will affect
the brightness function.
Are you sure it works before 7.1.2-r33?

fguy

Aug 17, 2017, 4:38:24 AM8/17/17
to Android-x86
четверг, 17 августа 2017 г., 5:13:56 UTC+3 пользователь Chih-Wei Huang написал:
I didn't see any explicit change that will affect
the brightness function.
Are you sure it works before 7.1.2-r33?

My last working build is 7.1.2-r27 x86_64 of 04.08
After updating to 7.1.2-r33 from 11.08, the brightness adjustment does not work
I found the reason - the record is locked in /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness - in r27 I can write another number there, see the change in brightness and read the recorded number
I also did not find differences in the rights to this file between r27 and r33 and the significant difference in files initrd.img and ramdisk.img
The last hope to do everything first from "repo init ..."

fguy

Aug 17, 2017, 9:09:20 AM8/17/17
to Android-x86
The last hope to do everything first from "repo init ..."

The "last hope" unfortunately did not come off - the "clean" build x86_64 behaves in exactly the same way

fguy

Aug 17, 2017, 10:17:09 AM8/17/17
to Android-x86
The problem of writing to the file "/sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness" turned out to be a problem with the "Root Explorer 4.1.6" - in version 4.1.4 everything works in 7.1.2-r33 - maybe the problem is in your changes to the libsync

youling 257

Aug 17, 2017, 2:43:24 PM8/17/17
to Android-x86
DisplayManagerService: disable display blanking on suspend ,lead to can't adjust brightness.

在 2017年8月17日星期四 UTC+8上午10:13:56,Chih-Wei Huang写道:

fguy

Aug 17, 2017, 2:55:36 PM8/17/17
to Android-x86

youling 257

Aug 17, 2017, 3:00:37 PM8/17/17
to Android-x86
can't adjust brightness by quick setting slider

only can adjust brightness by echo

android_x86:/ $ su
android_x86:/ # echo 30 > /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/drm/card0/card0-DSI-1/intel_backlight/brightness
android_x86:/ #
在 2017年8月18日星期五 UTC+8上午2:55:36,fguy写道:
Screenshot_20170818-025312.png

youling 257

Aug 17, 2017, 3:02:55 PM8/17/17
to Android-x86
can't adjust brightness by quick setting slider

only can adjust brightness by echo

无法通过快捷设置滑块滑动调节屏幕亮度
只能通过echo调节亮度

在 2017年8月17日星期四 UTC+8上午10:13:56,Chih-Wei Huang写道:

Phil Buck

Aug 17, 2017, 3:38:17 PM8/17/17
to Android-x86
Hi, All I Was Hoping To Build A Android Based Car PC, I Was Able To Set The Power Button To Sleep But As Your See Im Having Issues With Sleep When Usb Devices Are Connected, The Video Will Explain All

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgC2W2Z4OD0

As The Video Shows The System Sleeps When The Touch Panel Is (Unplugged) But When I Connect It (It Only Seems To Act Like A Lock Screen)

Yet The Same System Works (All Connected) With Previous Versions ... Hope This Helps & Gets Resolved Promptly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgC2W2Z4OD0

Again Keep Up The Good Work & Thought I Share The Problems I Have Come Across

youling 257

Aug 17, 2017, 4:01:57 PM8/17/17
to Android-x86
did you edit build.prop,sleep.earlysuspend=1 ? make sure it enter suspend s3 or s0 idle ?

在 2017年8月18日星期五 UTC+8上午3:38:17,Phil Buck写道:

youling 257

Aug 17, 2017, 4:05:56 PM8/17/17
to Android-x86
BYT/CHT,it is s2idle

android_x86:/ $ su
android_x86:/ # cat /sys/power/mem_sleep
[s2idle]
android_x86:/ # cat /sys/power/state
freeze mem
android_x86:/ #

Phil Buck

Aug 17, 2017, 4:14:34 PM8/17/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I Was Advised To Enter The Following (In Build Prop) - Hence It Sleeps (With No Prompt)

Poweroff.doubleclick=1 & sleep.earlysuspend=1 - But This Did Nothing

I Changed It To poweroff.doubleclick=1 & sleep.earlysuspend=2 - This Worked (Kind Of) & As You See It In The Video..

I Will Again Try Changing The The 2 Back To 1 On Early Suspend & See What It Does

This Mother Board Does Support A Range Of Power Saving Options

Like CPU C States Support (Its Set To C1)
Deep Sleep Is Also Disabled (As I Found In Older Android Versions It Turns The Usb Power Off & Everytime It Would Wake I Get Them Annoying Boxes Saying Device Found Open With Default App) Everytime So Kept It Disabled

Thanks For Your Reply & Hope The Video Explains The Issue Im Having

Phil Buck

Aug 17, 2017, 4:25:13 PM8/17/17
to Android-x86
I Think Your Correct Strangely With The Touch Screen Connected Its Only Going In To S2Idle (Not Sleep As It Does Unconnected)

Just Changed The Sleep.earlysuspend=1 (But Again It Does Nothing) Happens As Before... (Nothing What So Ever)

Could You Tell Me How I Go About Adding Code You Mentioned Earlier, Thanks :)

youling 257

Aug 17, 2017, 4:31:12 PM8/17/17
to Android-x86
Yes,Braswell J3160,similar to Cherry trail,should be support “echo freeze > /sys/power/state”

在 2017年8月18日星期五 UTC+8上午4:14:34,Phil Buck写道:

On 17 August 2017 at 21:01, youling 257 <youli...@gmail.com> wrote:
did you edit build.prop,sleep.earlysuspend=1 ? make sure it enter suspend s3 or s0 idle ?

在 2017年8月18日星期五 UTC+8上午3:38:17,Phil Buck写道:
Hi, All I Was Hoping To Build A Android Based Car PC, I Was Able To Set The Power Button To Sleep But As Your See Im Having Issues With Sleep When Usb Devices Are Connected, The Video Will Explain All

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgC2W2Z4OD0

As The Video Shows The System Sleeps When The Touch Panel Is (Unplugged) But When I Connect It (It Only Seems To Act Like A Lock Screen)

Yet The Same System Works (All Connected) With Previous Versions ... Hope This Helps & Gets Resolved Promptly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgC2W2Z4OD0

Again Keep Up The Good Work & Thought I Share The Problems I Have Come Across

Phil Buck

Aug 17, 2017, 4:34:39 PM8/17/17
to Android-x86
How To I Add/Edit The System To Fix This, Should It Work Will Give You A Mention On A Youtube Video (When Ive Done A Full Build VIdeo)
Is This Something I Need To Add In "build prop Editor"

Thanks Again For Your Help & Time Replying :)

youling 257

Aug 17, 2017, 4:35:04 PM8/17/17
to Android-x86
please you connect touchscreen,suspend/resume,compare dmesg with disconnect touchscreen

在 2017年8月18日星期五 UTC+8上午4:25:13,Phil Buck写道:

Chih-Wei Huang

Aug 18, 2017, 12:15:27 AM8/18/17
to Android-x86
Fine!
The patch is forward ported from lollipop-x86
but I didn't notice the applyGlobalDisplayStateLocked
(formly updateGlobalDisplayStateLocked)
function now also control brightness.

I've pushed a fix that works for me.
Please verify it.

Thank you for finding the bug.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

fguy

Aug 18, 2017, 2:59:59 AM8/18/17
to Android-x86
I do not understand the purpose of this patch.
With respect to aosp, both options when going to sleep and back behave the same way.
Where should the incorrect mashing of the screen occur?

Greg McGee

Aug 20, 2017, 3:42:46 AM8/20/17
to Android-x86
Thank you sir, this is working ~usably on my old Lenovo X200T in 32 bit.
with 64 bit, mesa seems to crash immediately, zygote crashes and reloads endlessly.

Sleep, sound, wifi, network (ethernet) all work.

The bluetooth turns on then the service dies, lather rinse repeat.
video doesn't play, black screens for video in youtube no crashes (old Intel gfx chipset GM45)

The serial Wacom pen nominally works, but it works in relative mode (like a touchpad) and the calibration is off, thats really the only thing keeping it from being a daily driver.

Carlos Junior

Aug 20, 2017, 9:42:36 AM8/20/17
to Android-x86
It works with my nvidia 1060gtx gpu I am using it in my razer blade 2016 verseion qhd touchscreen but I have no sound, no microphone and no camera working. Please make them work. I have found linux drivers for Realtek high def audio that my razer blade 2016 uses please add this to the sourc of the android x86. Thanks for all your hard work to make android 7.1 possible to use for us.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsview.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Em quinta-feira, 8 de junho de 2017 07:23:03 UTC-3, Chih-Wei Huang escreveu:
Hi all,
After about 11 months of development,
we are able to release the first rc of 7.1 (nougat-x86).
It's longer than I expected. But finally we did it.

By using latest LTS kernel 4.9.31 and Mesa 17.1.2,
we are able to support more devices and peripherals.

The most significant improvement of this release
is the hardware accelerated codecs support
on devices with Intel HD graphics family.
This reduces the CPU usage on playing video.
On an device with Intel core i3 or better
we can play 4K video smoothly.
Please see VAAPI doc to see
what processors and codecs are supported:
https://github.com/01org/intel-vaapi-driver/blob/master/README
Besides, with the latest ffmpeg plugins
we are able to play almost all video files.

Hope you enjoy it!

Ted Seventy

Sep 24, 2017, 7:58:48 PM9/24/17
to Android-x86
hello guys,
why is my Nougat build smaller than the prebuilt ISO ?  The prebuilt "android-x86_64-7.1-rc1.iso" is 785MB, but my build is only 535MB.  I followed exactly the build process from here;

My build when boot up, will ask me to choose launcher or desktop, and it's missing Messaging app (and possibly telephony, RIL).  The prebuilt image is asking to setup the "phone".  How do I make a build exactly like that ?

thank you in advance!

-Ted

Henri Koivuneva

Sep 24, 2017, 9:30:45 PM9/24/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Did you include opengapps in it? Sounds like they might be missing. You can find information on that here:

After following the guide there and adding the repos to your manifest and required parts in your config files, do these commands again in Android-x86 folder:
1. "repo sync --no-tags --no-clone-bundle"

make a new clean build
2. "make clean"
3. ". build/envsetup.sh"
4. "lunch YOURDEVICE", example: "lunch android_x86_64-userdebug"
5. "time m -jX iso_img" / "m -jX iso_img", example: "time make -j8 iso_img"

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Ted Seventy

Sep 24, 2017, 11:06:56 PM9/24/17
to Android-x86
Thanks man!  I didn't do opengapps part.  I'll try it tonight and cross my fingers :-)

-ted
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to android-x86...@googlegroups.com.
Message has been deleted

Suresh Kumar

Oct 6, 2017, 8:52:42 AM10/6/17
to Android-x86

We are facing compilation problem in external/mesa directory, after latest code change of 3 oct 17.

Also, there are

1.No options like :- repo init -u <address> -b refs/tags/<tagname> -m version.xml

2. No tags

Please give us a option like above, to do sync for older version of nougat-x86,

Regards,

Suresh

Suresh Kumar

Oct 9, 2017, 2:54:06 AM10/9/17
to Android-x86
Its now resolved .
But it will be better ,if we can have a specific TAG for current repository.
Message has been deleted

29 brokera

Mar 9, 2020, 1:51:44 AM3/9/20
to Android-x86
неділя, 24 вересня 2017 р. 19:58:48 UTC-4 користувач Ted Seventy написав:
Can you share Nougat smaller build?
It is loading more messages.