EEEPC 900, 1st model, 4GB Interal SSD 16GB Add on SSD, 2nd model EEEPC & KitKat.....

Patrick

Jul 24, 2016, 10:39:28 PM7/24/16
to Android-x86
So I have tried every build I can find for 4.4 on these models and seen videos of it working on Youtube.....except on further examination they were model 900HD or 901 units. I have the 1st edition I keep out of the landfil. They all work great except trying to get them to behave with the app store and my account on 4.04 (EEEPC Build, which works).

I really need 4.4 to get the BLE stuff and the less important part of my project to work with my Makerspace Exibit. Keeping things simple for reading purposes, I have tried many switches

XFORCEVGA
VGA=-16
VESA_MODE=1024x600
NOMODESET
ACPI_SLEEP=S3_biod (I copied it but can't remember it off the top of my head....)
and changed hardware from generic_X86 to eeepc without success

everytime the GUI either gets stuck at a blank screen past the command line or at the command line with no attempt at the GUI.

4.04 works with zero changes, but the app store keeps getting stuck at a white screen. (I am on my 14th reformat)

I have 4 of these units to serve as controllers for Blynk Robots at my Makerfaire to try to get people to give what they think is garbage a second look, and encourage the power of Android as a non-phone OS, and how easy it is to operate on the go....

I hope someone can help me, I really feel I have tried searching and trying to find the answer. (Been at it for about 1.5 weeks) I just can't get it to work and the reformats are pissing me off. (4 machines.....)

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 24, 2016, 11:17:07 PM7/24/16
to Android-x86

Patrick

Jul 27, 2016, 11:55:01 PM7/27/16
to Android-x86
Sorry, I had posted this, then found your earlier link, but the post was still being approved while my membership was approved.

Could you link me or maybe explain how to install the App Store back on the device if it is even indeed supported? Would you even recommend running Non-sse 4.4 over 4.0? I am not sure what is up with my appstore in 4.0, but it just keeps going to a blank page after I start installing a few apps on my account, then telling me I need to login no matter how many times I delete/readd/ or attempt to sign in on the account.