Rotate screen android-x86-7.1-rc2

frephiful

Oct 12, 2017, 3:32:27 AM10/12/17
to Android-x86
On an old Acer Aspire One ZG5 netbook I had installed android-x86-6.0-r3 and it worked fine. I use this netbook mainly as some sort of e-reader to read comics with teh program Comicrack. I was able to rotate the screen using the F9, F10, F11 and F12 buttons, this way it was easy to display a page fullscreen. This week I installed the newer android-x86-7.1-rc2 version, but in this version it isn't possible to rotate the screen, or am I doing somthing wrong? It would be nice when this option would be available again, maybe in in a patch or new build?

Chih-Wei Huang

Oct 12, 2017, 3:51:14 AM10/12/17
to Android-x86
You can choose "Rotate the contents of the screen"
from Settings -> Display.
(could also be adjusted via pull down menu)
Then open a terminal, issue the commands:

su
setprop config.override_forced_orient true
stop;start

If you want to keep it persistent, you should
modify function init_hal_sensors()
in /etc/init.sh, add your device id
or just change has_sensors=false
to has_sensors=true.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

frephiful

Oct 12, 2017, 10:18:11 AM10/12/17
to Android-x86
Thank you for your answer, I'm gonna try that if I find the time. Bye the way, is it poddible to open su terminal in Android? How do you do that?

Kossuth

Oct 12, 2017, 3:05:49 PM10/12/17
to Android-x86
Just open regular terminal and type su and hit enter. Works at least on x86.

frephiful

Oct 13, 2017, 1:42:06 PM10/13/17
to Android-x86
Couldn't find the  "Rotate the contents of the screen" from Settings -> Display option or how to open a terminal. For the record, I'm not using Android x86 in virtualbox in Linux or Windows. I installed it als main and only operating system on this netbook.

Chih-Wei Huang

Oct 14, 2017, 9:37:25 AM10/14/17
to Android-x86
You need to search harder.
Otherwise nobody can help you.

If you still can't find the terminal app,
Alt-F1 is another solution to give you a console terminal.

n00bile erasmus

Oct 16, 2017, 12:17:15 AM10/16/17
to Android-x86
this rotate fix worked great with my hp pavilion x2 12-b020nr.   in init.sh under the aspire hal sensor entry i put in:

*HPPAVILION*)
  hal_sensors=true
  ;;

offtopic - alas if only there was such a simple way to enable audio