[Help]Configuring static Ethernet On Android 7.x Release

Genx

Oct 11, 2017, 11:50:01 AM10/11/17
to Android-x86
Dear Sir,
           FOA ,Thanks for Such continuous support from you .I have already read in your changelog that only dhcp ethernet is supported.But really there is no way to setup static one and a setting menu for that like of other derivatives of Android-x86 ?
I am able to set static ip and net mask with ifconfig .and further setup dns with setprop but only one thing is missing that is gateway ,i cant able to set gateway from route command ,it reply resolving (gw) and nothing happens.what about netcfg and ethtool like binaries ?

Thanks again for your wonderful work .

SangTaek Kim

Nov 1, 2017, 10:10:49 PM11/1/17
to Android-x86
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/android-x86/static%7Csort:date/android-x86/HKtpy-Grlwg/JMAq1IIHAgAJ

I posted the how to set the configuration of static IP on x86-Android.

2017년 10월 12일 목요일 오전 12시 50분 1초 UTC+9, Genx 님의 말:

Genx

Nov 3, 2017, 9:38:19 AM11/3/17
to Android-x86

On Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 7:40:49 AM UTC+5:30, SangTaek Kim wrote:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/android-x86/static%7Csort:date/android-x86/HKtpy-Grlwg/JMAq1IIHAgAJ

I posted the how to set the configuration of static IP on x86-Android.

2017년 10월 12일 목요일 오전 12시 50분 1초 UTC+9, Genx 님의 말:
But you have also mentioned that it is not stable on Nougat Builds .

SangTaek Kim

Nov 10, 2017, 4:56:19 AM11/10/17
to Android-x86
but it is just on my board. I didn't try another board. you can try that. your ethernet module and my ethernet module is different.