Android-x86 built, and now? No internet connection and no gapps

Leandro Melo de Sales

Apr 25, 2017, 11:30:11 AM4/25/17
to Android-x86
Dear friends,

I was able to compile android-x86 and generate the iso_img. I then run it on the VirtualBox, but for my surprise I can't get internet connection (although the OS was able to assign ip address). I tried to set, using terminal emulation, the content for /etc/resolv.conf and tried to configure the default route using the command route, but both commands did not worked (due to permission issues).

This said, I would like your help to point to any documentation that I can be able to setup network properly, as well as to install gapps.

Any comment will be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you,
Leandro.

Mauro Rossi

Apr 26, 2017, 5:17:24 PM4/26/17
to Android-x86
Hi Leandro,

I recently tested both marshmallow-x86 and nougat-x86 images
and the way to have internet connection is to use "Bridged Adapter" option on virtualbox Settings => Network => Attached to:

Mauro

Leandro Melo de Sales

May 1, 2017, 12:36:49 AM5/1/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mauro,

I have tried both nat and bridge, but no luck. I'm using Lollipop. The Android interface just get ip address, but android did not get neither default router not DNS. Any other suggestion?