Android-x86 2.2 generic installation problem

4 177 vues

=[BFG]=

non lue,
9 mars 2011, 05:24:0109/03/2011
à Android-x86
Hi all! (Sorry for my awful english(( ) I tried to install Android-x86
2.2 generic (http://code.google.com/p/android-x86/downloads/detail?
name=android-x86-2.2-generic.iso&can=2&q=). I uploaded it to my flash
dongle (Transcend JF V60 8 Gb) by LinuxLive USB Creator and boot it.
On this screen i chose "Install Android to harddisk" item, after few
secs of waiting i seen [url=http://android-x86.googlecode.com/files/
InstallChoosePartition.png]this[/url] screen, but just a few moment,
and next becomes garbled by merge of graphics and text: [URL=http://
i17.fastpic.ru/big/2011/0309/7b/
8e8e26b569c592058d36328623bb967b.jpg]image[/URL] (sorry for poor image
quality, I don't have digital camera(( )
If press an arrow keys here, a menu items appear: [url=http://
i17.fastpic.ru/big/2011/0309/9e/
1c666204f1be40a41226a519c7611f9e.jpg]image[/url] but screen around
remains garbled. And, at last, if I choose any item, screen becomes
normal. I think that its caused by cardreader (see log fragments on
the screen photos), but, who knows, maybe exactly this is causing a
problem))
Next, I pressed first item sda1 and choose "Do not format", but get a
message "Cannot mount /dev/sda1. Do you want to format it?" If I
choose "No", I see a message "Istallation failed! Please check if you
have free disk space to install Android-x86." I have 4 gigs of free
disk space on C:/ ('nix systems mark it like "sda1"), so i don't
understand, whats the problem is? And why installer not shows another
disk partitions, like D:/ or E:/? And it can't detect my flash MS
DuoPro card inserted into cardreader? And yet one thing: if I choose
"Create/Modify partitions", it shows me blank black screen with text
below saying "FATAL ERROR: Bad primary partition 0: Partition ends in
the final partial cylind Press any key to exit cfdisk"...
Help me please, I am completely n00b in the Android and Linux!((

Chih-Wei Huang

non lue,
9 mars 2011, 22:31:1609/03/2011
à andro...@googlegroups.com
Your article is hard to read so I don't
really understand your problems.
(please paragraph it)

The only question I can answer is
it said "Cannot mount /dev/sda1..."
that means you don't have a valid filesystem
on it or your filesystem is not recognized by
android kernel. So
you have to choose 'Yes' to format the partition.
Of course you'll lose all data (if any) on it.
Back it up before installation if necessary.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Arobase40

non lue,
10 mars 2011, 03:05:2010/03/2011
à Android-x86
Not quite sure I understand you very well, but I guess you're trying
to install your android on the same stick than the one you're using as
your Live Android,and you don't have much knowledge of
partitionning... ^^

In addition to this, if you want to use Android-x86, you have to
forget your knowledge of Dos, and start thinking the Linux or Unix
way. You can find some tutorials on the net about it...

The best thing is to have two separate sticks : one small for your
live android and another one as the installed android system.
If you're new to android and Linux, format the stick you want to use
as installed android in FAT32 format. Then the live android is
"usually" recognized as sda1, and the stick you want to use as
installed android : sdb1 or sdc1 or sdd1 depending on the disks
configuration of the laptop or desktop you have.

So be very carefull and don't mismatch or you'll kill your main OS !

Arobase40

non lue,
10 mars 2011, 03:20:3610/03/2011
à Android-x86
I'm not quite sure I understand you very well, but I guess you're
trying to install Android-x86 on the same stick you use as your live
Android, and you don't have any knowledge about partitionning...

Then, you have to forget your Dos knowledge and start thinking the
Linux or Unix way. You can find some tutorials about this on the net,
before doing such an operation...

If you're new, the best is to use 2 separate sticks : one small for
your live Android, and another one (bigger) as your installed android.
Format your second stick as FAT32 and be aware that most often the
live android is "usually" recognized as sda1, and the other one as
sdb1, sdc1, sdd1,... depending of the disks configuration of your
laptop or desktop you're using. So give an explicite name to the
"installed" android stick.

So be very carefull in your choice or you will kill your main OS. ^^

On 9 mar, 11:24, "=[BFG]=" <BFG1...@spaces.ru> wrote:
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer