UEFI bootable x-86 for acer w700

Batuhan Birol Keskin

Oct 15, 2014, 6:02:16 AM10/15/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm currently using android x-86 on USB stick with legacy bios on Acer w700. Everything is working great thanks to everyone involved in this project. However, I want to use it as Intel IA. Is there any link to an ISO which can be booted in UEFI mode? I'm not be able to integrate kernel or something.

Thanks,

Batuhan

rbg

Oct 16, 2014, 6:32:14 AM10/16/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Kazım Serhan Keleşoğlu

Oct 16, 2014, 9:49:46 AM10/16/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
U can use grub2 bootloader which is uefi, but w700 doesn't have directional keys and grub2 doesn't detect touch input. So u need a physical keyboard to switch systems. I own a w700 and I configured grub to boot directly android, than I set windows bootloader primary. When I need android, I boot it from windows using a boot manager program called bootnext

Batuhan Birol Keskin

Oct 19, 2014, 9:43:03 AM10/19/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi, thank you. Does bootnext allow volume keys to choose between OSs at boot?

Kazım Serhan Keleşoğlu

Oct 20, 2014, 2:55:07 PM10/20/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
No. Bootnext is a Windows program that let's you to boot one of your uefi boot entries for once.

I'm using windows usually and it's the first uefi entry so w700 automatically starts with windows as normal.

On the other hand I installed Ubuntu and android on same ext3 partition and configured grub 2 to directly boot android as first choice than deleted all Ubuntu folders and stuff.

Now when I need android, I just start bootnext on windows desktop and boot grub. After turning off android, w700 continues to boot windows again.

For our friends who doesn't understand my method, w700 only has volume keys, windows key and a power button. So any boot list, grub or not, is not accessible if you don't have a physical keyboard around which is a silly thing because my machine is a tablet and I don't always have a keyboard with me. Take care.