Microphone issues in android-x86 7.1!

techd...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2018, 7:32:20 AM3/24/18
to Android-x86
I just installed android-x86 7.1 and it seems that the microphone is not working. I googled and yet found no solution!

There isn't an issue with my ports or the microphone itself, because I verified.

I hope someone can help me out with this!

Antony Stone

Mar 24, 2018, 7:51:08 AM3/24/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday 24 March 2018 at 12:32:20, techd...@gmail.com wrote:

> I just installed android-x86 7.1

What did you install it on?

> and it seems that the microphone is not working. I googled and yet found no
> solution!

What did you search for?

> There isn't an issue with my ports or the microphone itself, because I
> verified.

How?

Does sound output work?

> I hope someone can help me out with this!

Tell us what hardware you have, what the sound chip is, whether it works with
Linux on the same machine - tell us as much as you can to help us understand
specifically what problem you have and what system you are having it with.

Otherwise all you're saying is "my microphone doesn't work" and all we can say
is "oh".

Antony.

--
"Black holes are where God divided by zero."

- Steven Wright

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

techd...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2018, 9:12:25 AM3/24/18
to Android-x86
Thanks for answering!

> What did you install it on?

I made a partition on my Desktop PC and installed android-x86 7.1

> What did you search for?

I made the following searches

"Microphone not working in android-x86"
"Microphone not working in android-x86 7.1"
The solutions there didn't work for me. Also the questions had been asked for Android-x86 4.4.

> Does sound output work?

Sound output works very well. I am having issues with the microphone.

>Tell us what hardware you have, what the sound chip is, whether it works with
>Linux on the same machine - tell us as much as you can to help us understand
>specifically what problem you have and what system you are having it with.

>Otherwise all you're saying is "my microphone doesn't work" and all we can say
>is "oh".

I have a 64-bit machine, Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz. As for the sound chip, I don't know what it is.
I have a Ubuntu and windows partition on the same machine and the microphone works fine. Only the microphone doesn't work with android-x86 7.1.

I think I have specified the bits of detail. Now maybe someone can help me out.

techd...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2018, 4:25:17 PM3/24/18
to Android-x86
Can anyone kind of help me out! It is an emergency!

Kossuth

Mar 25, 2018, 6:04:14 AM3/25/18
to Android-x86
Have you checked your catlog from boot to see which device is enabled on the boot process for audio input. I had some troubles with my audio output, because wrong device was the primary for output. You can search the forum about audio output issues that have been diacussed by me and other users and try those tricks to see what can be done to the audio input.

Rob Cosentino

Mar 25, 2018, 6:32:59 AM3/25/18
to Android-x86
Only the "Front" microphone input is active. And the "Rear" output is active for speakers/phones.

CJLiqueira Belém - Pará - Brazil

Mar 25, 2018, 4:37:37 PM3/25/18
to Android-x86
I have not yet tested the 1455 Positive Mobile notebook microphone in some messenger application with audio and video. Starting tomorrow, Monday, when my colleagues are at work I will ask them to take the test you mentioned.
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Translate Portuguese- Brazil . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Eu ainda não testei o microfone do notebook 1455 Positive Mobile em algum aplicativo de messenger com áudio e vídeo. A partir de amanhã, segunda-feira, quando meus colegas estiverem no trabalho vou pedir para que façam esse teste que mencionou.

techd...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2018, 6:58:09 PM3/27/18
to Android-x86
It would be of great help if you could post the steps you took to solve the issue.

techd...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2018, 6:58:46 PM3/27/18
to Android-x86
Did you work on it? Any observations?

techd...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2018, 6:59:53 PM3/27/18
to Android-x86
I didn't get you! my PC has only 1 port for the microphone.!

Kossuth

Mar 28, 2018, 5:35:53 AM3/28/18
to Android-x86

In that thread Chih-Wei Huang walks me trough how to read the catlog to see which audio device is selected by the operating system as the main output device. You might be able to use those commands to see which card your system picks for input. Then you could add the rm (remove) commad to init.sh for removing the wrong card and the use the killall audioserver to force the system to choose the other card. But ofcourse this works only, if your problem is because wrong device gets chosen for input.

youling 257

Mar 28, 2018, 5:39:36 AM3/28/18
to Android-x86
you need check alsa_amixer -c0 or c1 state,
for example,

alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Front Mic' on
alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Front Mic' 100
alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Front Mic Boost' 1
alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Rear Mic' on
alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Rear Mic' 100%
alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Rear Mic Boost' 1
alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Line' on
alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Line' 100%
alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Line Boost' 1
alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Input Source',0 'Rear Mic'

techd...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2018, 8:10:56 PM4/1/18
to Android-x86
I tried reading the whole post and nothing could help out!

techd...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2018, 8:11:57 PM4/1/18
to Android-x86
Do you want me to edit the /etc/init.sh file?

techd...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2018, 12:59:05 AM4/5/18
to Android-x86
Can anyone please help me?

Kossuth

Apr 5, 2018, 2:06:43 AM4/5/18
to Android-x86

On Thursday, 5 April 2018 07:59:05 UTC+3, techd...@gmail.com wrote:
Can anyone please help me?

Have you checked your bootlogs what device the android chooses for input? What happen when you use the alsa_amixer commands?

Not a lot can be done by anyone else, if you don't provide any meaningful debug info like parts of the bootlog or errors from commands. You say, you have read the thread, but have you tested any of the command in this thread or the other one. If you have, can you provide any info on what output (logs, errors, info) you get from them. There are actually many threads in this forum covering audio output and I think also input. Have you read them and tested the suggestion given in them?

I don't mean this post in any negative sense, I just wan't to say that it is easier to get help, if you can provide more info on your system and the things you have tried to fix the errors or analyze them. Hope you get some usefull advice.

techd...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2018, 6:26:07 PM4/11/18
to Android-x86
I am really sorry for the inconvenience that I am causing you. I am a total newbie. How do I check the bootlog? And specifically, how do I check for the audio input device in the bootlog?
I would really appreciate if someone could guide me through the commands and everything.

All that I know about the issue is this : my mic is not working when I plug it onto the android machine no matter what. I am sure that the port or mic is not bad since the mic is working when I boot into ubuntu on the same machine.

If you want me to post any result from any command so that you could debug the issue, I am glad to do so. Sorry for being such a stupid noob. Forgive me. I am ready and willing to learn.

Please help me!

techd...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2018, 7:16:12 PM4/11/18
to Android-x86

Tech Desk

Apr 12, 2018, 11:28:40 AM4/12/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I did some testing on my end. I installed the same version of android in my laptop and the microphone was surprisingly working. I also installed the same ISO on my other computer that has front microphone ports and it did work.
The one I have trouble is with the computer that has only rear ports.
I think that the issue here is android not recognizing the microphone rear port. Can anyone help me make android recognize my microphone?
I think I should change some configuration file but not sure exactly which.

Tech Desk

Apr 15, 2018, 2:20:26 PM4/15/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Can someone help me please?

techd...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2018, 9:50:48 AM4/17/18
to Android-x86
I need some help please! My issue is not yet solved! I have tried all that I can!

techd...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2018, 8:21:48 PM4/22/18
to Android-x86
My issue is not yet solved! What data does anyone need? I am willing to provide,

Edson Sousa

Apr 23, 2018, 7:46:41 PM4/23/18
to Android-x86

I use a Usb 7.1 Soundcard Adapter Pentado P2 Earphone Ps3 Microphone works only the problem is when entering the calling mode it does not work wanted to solve this but hopefully using an adptate solve your. but would like to know how to leave the adapter alone and deactivate the speakers and microphone of the notebook.

-----------------------Português Brasil-------------------
eu uso um Adaptador Placa De Som Usb 7,1 Pentrada P2 Fone Microfone Ps3 funciona só que o problema é quando entrar no modo chamada ele não funcina queria resolver isso, mas espero que usando um adptado resolva o seu. mas gostaria de saber como deixa só o adaptador e desativa os altos falantes e o microfone do notebook.

Tech Desk

Apr 24, 2018, 11:39:24 AM4/24/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
There seems to be no issue with my sound card adapter. It looks like android-x86 is not recognizing the microphone for some reason. I hope some of the geniuses in this group will help me fix my issue. It's been long since I started this thread and my issue isn't yet solved. Still waiting..............

Edson Sousa

Apr 24, 2018, 1:29:39 PM4/24/18
to Android-x86
I understand, I'm having the same problem but it's when I enter the calling mode, when I enter that mode it does not work, I already see many comment on checking in # vi etc/init.sh

-----------português Brasil------------

entendi, estou tendo o mesmo problema mas é quando entra no modo chamada, quando entra esse modo ele não funciona, já vir muitos comentarem em verificar em # vi etc/init.sh

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 2:46 AM, Edson Sousa <esr.so...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 25, 2018, 3:46:22 AM4/25/18
to Android-x86
> There seems to be no issue with my sound card adapter. It looks like
> android-x86 is not recognizing the microphone for some reason. I hope some
> of the geniuses in this group will help me fix my issue. It's been long
> since I started this thread and my issue isn't yet solved. Still
> waiting..............

Have you ever provided any useful debugging info?
dmesg and logcat are essential.

You even didn't say what device you are testing exactly.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

techd...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2018, 5:10:57 PM4/25/18
to Android-x86
I am so sorry for not providing these information from the beginning.

Here is the output of "dmesg | grep audio" : https://ufile.io/uchz7
Here is the output of "logcat | grep audio" : https://ufile.io/ltwr7

If you want the whole output, tell me and I am willing to provide.

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 26, 2018, 2:37:05 AM4/26/18
to Android-x86
None of these contain useful info.

Please provide full log from booting
and using the microphone.

What's the output of the commands?

cat /proc/asound/cards
ls -l /dev/snd
lsmod

Besides, please avoid using a hosting
with so many ads. It's annoying.
Google Drive is good enough.

Tech Desk

Apr 26, 2018, 5:48:05 AM4/26/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Ok! I booted up the system and tried to record an audio.

I have created a Google Drive folder and put all the command outputs that you wanted in separate files. :

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 26, 2018, 6:06:20 AM4/26/18
to Android-x86
> Ok! I booted up the system and tried to record an audio.
>
> I have created a Google Drive folder and put all the command outputs that
> you wanted in separate files. :
> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ihNAV8BUSpdO6HNMOrIwIeqEemIPlsLr?usp=sharing

Looks like you have two input nodes:

04-26 12:27:36.574 1098 3623 D audio_hw_primary: found audio in at
/dev/snd/pcmC0D0c
04-26 12:27:36.574 1098 3623 D audio_hw_primary: card: 0/0 id:
ALC662 rev1 Analog
04-26 12:27:36.574 1098 3623 D audio_hw_primary: name: ALC662 rev1 Analog
04-26 12:27:36.574 1098 3623 D audio_hw_primary: subname: subdevice #0
04-26 12:27:36.574 1098 3623 D audio_hw_primary: stream: 1
04-26 12:27:36.574 1098 3623 D audio_hw_primary: found audio in at
/dev/snd/pcmC0D2c
04-26 12:27:36.574 1098 3623 D audio_hw_primary: card: 0/2 id:
ALC662 rev1 Alt Analog
04-26 12:27:36.574 1098 3623 D audio_hw_primary: name: ALC662 rev1 Alt Analog
04-26 12:27:36.574 1098 3623 D audio_hw_primary: subname: subdevice #0
04-26 12:27:36.574 1098 3623 D audio_hw_primary: stream: 1
04-26 12:27:36.574 1098 3623 D audio_hw_primary: ignore pcmC0D2c
04-26 12:27:36.574 1098 3623 I audio_hw_primary: choose pcmC0D0c for 0

The audio HAL chose the first one, however,
maybe the second one is correct for you.

Try this command:

setprop hal.audio.in pcmC0D2c
killall audioserver

Then test microphone again.
If that works, you can add the setprop command
to /etc/init.sh.

Tech Desk

Apr 26, 2018, 7:19:32 AM4/26/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I tried the commands you specified. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for me.

Before trying your commands, the recorded audio playback had some frequency sound. After trying your commands the audio playback is completely null. I don't know why though.

Tech Desk

Apr 28, 2018, 1:12:07 AM4/28/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Any hope for me?

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 28, 2018, 9:36:27 PM4/28/18
to Android-x86
> Any hope for me?
>

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 2:19 PM, Tech Desk <techd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I tried the commands you specified. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for
>> me.
>>
>> Before trying your commands, the recorded audio playback had some
>> frequency sound. After trying your commands the audio playback is completely
>> null. I don't know why though.

So pcmC0D0c is just right.
You don't need these commands.

Then I guess your microphone was broken,
or it has to be configured by some special parameters.

To try that, use a normal Linux distribution (ubuntu/fedora/...)
to test the microphone, adjust it by amixer to get
an acceptable quality, then save the astate and
copy it to android-x86. If you even can't get
an acceptable quality in this way,
I think your microphone was broken.

youling 257

Apr 28, 2018, 11:56:18 PM4/28/18
to Android-x86
please you open terminal app
su
alsa_amixer > /sdcard/alsa.txt

在 2018年4月28日星期六 UTC+8下午1:12:07,Tech Desk写道:
Any hope for me?

Message has been deleted

Tech Desk

Apr 29, 2018, 6:59:25 AM4/29/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
@Chih-Wei Huang
I am pretty sure that my ports and mic is fine since it works perfectly on Ubuntu. I would like to know how to save the astate on linux and copy it to android-x86. (Google search didn't get me any results). Can you please give me the required steps to copy the astate from linux to android-x86? I would appreciate that.

Tech Desk

Apr 29, 2018, 7:23:24 AM4/29/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
@youling 257
I tried all the commands you specified. Unfortunately, I still hear the same sound air sound.

On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 7:04 AM, youling 257 <youli...@gmail.com> wrote:
i want you open terminal app
su
alsa_amixer
alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Front Mic' on
alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Front Mic' 100
alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Front Mic Boost' 1
alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Rear Mic' on
alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Rear Mic' 100%
alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Rear Mic Boost' 1

alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Input Source',0 'Rear Mic'
alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Input Source',0 'Front Mic'

在 2018年4月2日星期一 UTC+8上午8:11:57,Tech Desk写道:

youling 257

Apr 29, 2018, 7:32:18 AM4/29/18
to Android-x86
i ask you upload alsa.txt,alsa_amixer > /sdcard/alsa.txt

do you understand input source,Front mic,Rear mic ?your mic plug in Front or Rear?

alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Front Mic' on
alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Front Mic' 100%
alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Front Mic Boost' 1

在 2018年4月29日星期日 UTC+8下午7:23:24,Tech Desk写道:

Tech Desk

Apr 29, 2018, 7:40:35 AM4/29/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
My mic is plugged in at the rear.

Here is alsa_amixers output : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dViHqyx-fNNFyDpG2NjuiBcI1-KcofRv/view?usp=sharing

youling 257

Apr 29, 2018, 7:54:27 AM4/29/18
to Android-x86
just need

alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Rear Mic' on
alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Rear Mic' 100%
alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Rear Mic Boost' 1
alsa_amixer -c0 set 'Input Source',0 'Rear Mic'

在 2018年4月29日星期日 UTC+8下午7:40:35,Tech Desk写道:

Tech Desk

Apr 29, 2018, 9:08:17 AM4/29/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
@youling 257
You are a genius! Big thanks to you! I feel great! After a long time of trying it finally works! Thanks for @Chih-Wei Huang for give a hand and helping out. And especially thanks to @youling 257 for actually making it work! I appreciate all of you who took their time to help me out!

youling 257

Apr 29, 2018, 9:21:41 AM4/29/18
to Android-x86
of course,edit init.sh,add more alsa_amixer command at function do_bootcomplete()

Tech Desk

Apr 29, 2018, 10:01:25 AM4/29/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I added all the alsa_amixer commands at function do_bootcomplete() in /etc/init.sh. It works like a charm now thanks to you!

Edson Sousa