Installing Android x86 on Acer Aspire One D255

HoustonReal

Jun 19, 2011, 6:37:37 PM6/19/11
to Android-x86
I have a dual core Atom N550 A)D255. It has the Broadcom 802.11n
wifi. I have tried installing the generic x86 2.2 Froyo, but the wifi
doesn't seem to work. I have tried shutting down the ethernet , but
that doesn't help. I am running from a thumb drive in HCPI mode. I
don't really want to re-partition my harddrive for Android dual boot,
unless I know it will work. I am not a linux person, and I have
limited programming knowledge. Can someone help answer the following
questions?

Acer AOD255-1268 (N550, Win7 Starter, upgraded 2GB DDR3) - Pendrive
using Universal-USB-Installer 1.8.5.3 (pendrivelinux.com / per Intel
instructions)

1. Does the generic x86 .iso work with Broadcom wifi cards yet?

2. Can the Android partition be formatted in NTFS and still store
androids apps and data?

3. Is there a Gingerbread version that would work any better?

4. Does running android off a thumbdrive, as a Live CD affect the wifi

Arobase40

Jun 20, 2011, 2:57:08 PM6/20/11
to Android-x86
1) Don't think so, as generic build misses some wifi drivers and
firmwares.
2) May be. Watch at the Android-x86 documentation.
3 ) Don't think so as as it's still a generic build.
4 No, due to 1).