Android-x86 6.0-r3 with houdini, no graphics in a specific game

Jihyun Son

Apr 29, 2017, 7:47:04 AM4/29/17
to Android-x86
First of all, thanks for the release of 6.0-r3, I have been so looking forward to this.
I found a strange behavior since 6.0-r2 at one of my favorite game, Dragon Blaze.

My device is HP Spectre X2 with Intel Core m3-6y30.
Dragon Blaze needs houdini so I enabled Apps Compatibility.

The game was fine with 6.0-r1 but no graphics with 6.0-r2 and 6.0-r3.
Similarly find with cm-13.0-rc1 but no with cm-13.0-r1.

I guess this could be related to updated mesa?

logcat attached. (time between open the game and close)
Any help would be appreciated!
logcat.zip

Geoffrey SEBALD

May 6, 2017, 10:32:45 AM5/6/17
to Android-x86
Hi,

I've the same issue with games from Glu like Cooking Dash and Ramsay Dash.
These games are ARM, so i've activated Native bridge.

When i lauch game, i can hear sounds from game and i can click on the screen with some sounds from game.
So the game is OK and work, but i don't have any display.
-> I've a black screen.
With Android-x86 6.0-r1, no problem.

I attach logcat file.

Thanks for your help

Geoffrey SEBALD

May 6, 2017, 10:32:45 AM5/6/17
to Android-x86
Hi,

I've two lines in common :
E WVMExtractor: Failed to open libwvm.so: dlopen failed: library "libwvm.so" not found
E libEGL : validate_display:255 error 3008 (EGL_BAD_DISPLAY)

Best regards.

Chih-Wei Huang

May 6, 2017, 11:31:36 AM5/6/17
to Android-x86, Android-x86 development
> Hi,
> I've two lines in common :
> E WVMExtractor: Failed to open libwvm.so: dlopen failed: library "libwvm.so" not found

It's normal and nothing to do with the issue.

> E libEGL : validate_display:255 error 3008 (EGL_BAD_DISPLAY)

It's probably the problem.

If you know how to build from source,
you may try to switch mesa to 6.0-r1 release
to see if it works again:

cd external/mesa
git checkout android-x86-6.0-r1
cd -

Then rebuild the iso_img.

If it works, then it looks like a regression of mesa.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Jihyun Son

May 7, 2017, 1:44:11 AM5/7/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I have experiences how to build from scratch, I will try and share a result.

btw if a compiled version works well, is there a solution to fix the issue in the future release?

2017. 5. 7. 00:31에 "Chih-Wei Huang" <cwh...@android-x86.org>님이 작성:

Chih-Wei Huang

May 7, 2017, 2:05:02 AM5/7/17
to Android-x86
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Yeah I have experiences how to build from scratch, I will try and share a
> result.
>
> btw if a compiled version works well, is there a solution to fix the issue
> in the future release?

You need to bisect mesa to find
what commit broke it.

Jihyun Son