Root filesystem ownership change

luksh...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2018, 4:23:20 AM4/17/18
to Android-x86
Hi,

I installed cm-x86-14.1-r1 in ubuntu xenial, using the downloaded rpm
package file converted to deb by alien. It was installed to
/cm-x86-14.1-r1 under the (xenial) root filesystem. After running it
with 'sudo qemu-android' and shutting it down, / becomes owned by the
user that is doing the sudo'ing instead of 'root'. Is this the intended
behaviour?

Regards,
-- st

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 17, 2018, 7:00:58 AM4/17/18
to Android-x86
No... I didn't see that behavior.
Theoretically only /cm-x86-14.1-r1/data
is written by the android-x86 vm.
Let me check again.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 17, 2018, 10:43:21 PM4/17/18
to Android-x86
>> I installed cm-x86-14.1-r1 in ubuntu xenial, using the downloaded rpm
>> package file converted to deb by alien. It was installed to /cm-x86-14.1-r1
>> under the (xenial) root filesystem. After running it with 'sudo
>> qemu-android' and shutting it down, / becomes owned by the user that is
>> doing the sudo'ing instead of 'root'. Is this the intended behaviour?
>
> No... I didn't see that behavior.
> Theoretically only /cm-x86-14.1-r1/data
> is written by the android-x86 vm.
> Let me check again.

I tested again with android-x86 7.1-r1.
I didn't see the issue.
My / is still owned by root after vm poweroff.
I believe cm-x86-14.1-r1 should behave the same.