Phoenix OS/5.1 Google maps

Matthew A.

Jul 24, 2016, 10:39:28 PM7/24/16
to Android-x86
I'm using Phoenix OS on my Asus Transformer Book t100ta, and any apps that use Google maps freeze within a few seconds of opening.

Phoenix OS is based on the 5.1 rc1 version of Android x86, same as Remix OS, so similar issues on those would apply here.

Anyways, any ideas on why this happens?

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 24, 2016, 11:19:17 PM7/24/16
to Android-x86
It's a bug of Mesa which has been fixed
in the latest marshmallow-x86 branch
(and the newest Remix OS release)

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Thisara Kasun

Jul 25, 2016, 12:41:44 AM7/25/16
to Android-x86
So does that mean RemixOs has already been ported to marshmallow? I'm waiting for marshmallow-x86_rc2 with Mesa 12.. ;)
And i have a offtopic question,
When i compiled mesa-12.0.1 on my Debian system, I had to put libvulkan_intel.so & intel_icd.json in /usr/share/vulkan/icd.d/ and then set --with-vulkan-drivers=intel & --with-vulkan-icddir=/usr/share/vulkan/icd.d at the build time.

Does Android-x86 use a same procedure like this or is it just a GNU thing?