Video issues with Fujitsu Q572 tablet - AMD Z60 AMD Radeon HD 6250

onemoti...@yahoo.com

Nov 11, 2016, 1:06:22 AM11/11/16
to Android-x86
I'm trying to install Android x86 iso image android-x86_64-6.0-r1.iso .  But, I don't get very far.
I'm able to boot to the Live/DEBUG/Installation screen.  Touchscreen works.  "Corrupted video" on selection of any of the choices.
Live: Detecting Android splash screen is ok.  After, video goes "blank".  It is illuminated (backlit?), but shows no content.
DEBUG: appears to start spewing text, but video is limited to about top 40% of the screen and each line of the "characters" are scrunched/cut to one pixel high.
Install: Same as debug, but continues on to what seems to be a UI with blue borders, but I think the vertical lines are not properly aligned.

with no luck.  I've tried all three permutations of the nomodeset/xforcevesa settings.

I've also tried setting the UVESA_MODE to the native resolution of the tablet.  I think I might be missing some steps or other parameters that go with this command.  Any help would be appreciated.

onemoti...@yahoo.com

Nov 14, 2016, 3:29:15 AM11/14/16
to Android-x86
Update:  I updated my BIOS to the latest version.  That didn't help.
I've tried using the 4.0 Brazos specific image that should target my hardware specifically.  However, every time I try to use Rufus to setup the flash drive, the BIOS says "no bootable device detected."  (I'm getting that image from here: https://osdn.net/projects/android-x86/releases/ , because of the broken links on the official page.)  The BIOS does see the drive, though.

The only image I've been able to get bootable is the one mentioned in the previous post.  I've even tried making the flash drive bootable with the above OS and replacing the files with those from the Brazos image.  That setup gave the same results in the previous post.  My next step is to see if I can find a configuration file to edit on the flash drive so I can bypass the edits of the boot params on the install screen.

onemoti...@yahoo.com

Nov 25, 2016, 2:51:50 PM11/25/16
to Android-x86
Thanks to the amazing support of this community and its developers, the only solution I had was move to Lubuntu and use an android emulator.

Patrick Wirth

Nov 26, 2016, 11:40:44 AM11/26/16
to Android-x86
Sounds like a problem with the graphic driver.
I also created a thread about my Fujitsu Futro S550 (ThinClient system) but got no answer so far.
I have big graphic issues and so I can´t use it as an mediastation on tv.

We have to wait for an answer or a fix from the developer.
Mine is also AMD based.
RS690M Chipset with Radeon X1250.
Ubuntu and other Linux runs fine.

Mauro Rossi

Nov 27, 2016, 8:13:04 PM11/27/16
to Android-x86

Il giorno lunedì 14 novembre 2016 09:29:15 UTC+1, onemoti...@yahoo.com ha scritto:
Update:  I updated my BIOS to the latest version.  That didn't help.
I've tried using the 4.0 Brazos specific image that should target my hardware specifically.  However, every time I try to use Rufus to setup the flash drive, the BIOS says "no bootable device detected."  (I'm getting that image from here: https://osdn.net/projects/android-x86/releases/ , because of the broken links on the official page.)  The BIOS does see the drive, though.

If you have a linux distro, the mkusb software works to crated a bootable USB, please also check if BIOS has a "see as HDD" or "see as removable" option to perform an additional try with Rufus created image.

The only image I've been able to get bootable is the one mentioned in the previous post.  I've even tried making the flash drive bootable with the above OS and replacing the files with those from the Brazos image.  That setup gave the same results in the previous post.  My next step is to see if I can find a configuration file to edit on the flash drive so I can bypass the edits of the boot params on the install screen.

HD6250 is PALM (Northern Islands) and it is not so old, but I also suspect SSE4.1 mandatory requirements of marshmallow-x86 x86_64 builds,
you should first try with x86 32bit images.

Are you able to switch to console (ALT+F1) after having reached the bootanimation?

If it is possible with kitkat-x86 or lollipo-x86 or marshmallow-x86 (x86 32bit)
then the procedure to collect logs (in debug mode) is the following:

ALT+F1

cd data
mkdir x

[plug additional flash drive]

busybox mount /dev/block/sdc1 x   (NOTE: sdc1 may be sdd1 or something else, you will see when you plug the additional flash drive)
cd x
cp /data/log.txt logcat.txt
dmesg > dmesg.txt
dumpsys SurfaceFlinger > dumpsys.txt

busybox reboot

In principle, if gralloc drm radeon does not recognize the chipset it should spit some warning/debug message in logcat

Mauro