android 3.2 and egalax touch driver...

phantom36

Dec 2, 2011, 2:58:04 AM12/2/11
to Android-x86
Hello. I not good know about android, but want ask you question about
driver for eGalax usb touch driver... it's possible to install linux
driver to you android builds 3.2?

P.S. sorry for my english...

Message has been deleted

Mike C

Dec 2, 2011, 11:34:44 AM12/2/11
to Android-x86
This is unfortunately not a fix for all eGalax touchscreens.

Joseph Hayhoe

Dec 2, 2011, 8:01:47 PM12/2/11
to Android-x86
Recommended fix also did not correct the touchscreen for me. I did not
have the vendor_XXXX_product_XXXX.idc file to copy from. I used the
qwerty.idc instead. If someone could provide a copy of their idc file
to compare that may help.

On Dec 2, 4:59 am, tabletsx86 <rbg.tablets...@gmail.com> wrote:
> check here..
>
> HONEYCOMB TOUCHSCREEN ISSUES:
>
>    http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/viewpad-10/26429-viewsonic-viewpa...
>
>    http://groups.google.com/group/android-x86/browse_thread/thread/288b8...

Mike C

Dec 3, 2011, 8:50:29 AM12/3/11
to Android-x86
I'm not a programmer but I found this.
The .idc file is just a text file with parameters and settings. You
can modify it with a text editor. Yesterday I found a list of (all or
many) .idc parameter settings but I've lost the link and wouldn't even
know how to reconfigure to get the eGalax touchscreen working. Apart
form the correct parameters in the .idc file, I'm not sure if the
right driver for the eGalax is present in android-x86 v3.2. As far as
I know the drivers are inside the kernel and not in a folder, so a
noob like me can't put an other driver at work.

Is there somebody out there willing to guide the eGalax owners to get
our touchscreens working? Many thanks!

Mike

Joseph Hayhoe

Dec 4, 2011, 12:24:26 AM12/4/11
to Android-x86
I could work on re-configuring it if I got that list. Im fairly well
versed in linux and manipulating android. If I figure anything out I
will post my findings in a wiki and link it to everyone here.

Joseph Hayhoe

Dec 4, 2011, 1:26:47 AM12/4/11
to Android-x86
http://source.android.com/tech/input/input-device-configuration-files.html

http://imxcommunity.org/forum/topics/touchscreen-activation-on-i-mx53-qsb?commentId=4103961%3AComment%3A35681&xg_source=activity

Test idc file provided here -
http://imxcommunity.org/forum/attachment/download?id=4103961%3AUploadedFile%3A35821

Found so far from my searches, the idc file should at minimum contain
the following:

touch.deviceType = touchScreen
touch.orientationAware = 1

The naming can be any of the following:

/system/usr/idc/Vendor_XXXX_Product_XXXX_Version_XXXX.idc
/system/usr/idc/Vendor_XXXX_Product_XXXX.idc
/system/usr/idc/DEVICE_NAME.idc
/data/system/devices/idc/Vendor_XXXX_Product_XXXX_Version_XXXX.idc
/data/system/devices/idc/Vendor_XXXX_Product_XXXX.idc
/data/system/devices/idc/DEVICE_NAME.idc

I am currently at work and left my thumb drive at home to test this on
my AOA150 ZG5 carpc, I will try to locate one to test with shortly...