Unfortunately, Settings has stopped

Lowell Kim

Dec 31, 2012, 1:02:35 PM12/31/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I've built 4.0.4 r2.1 with Ron's Ethernet patch from source and am running it with kvm on Ubuntu 12.04.  When I try to open Settings to turn off the screen timeout, I get the "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped" message.  Any pointers on how to resolve that error or turn off the timeout in some other way?

Lowell Kim

Jan 8, 2013, 2:06:54 PM1/8/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Not sure whether or not this makes sense, but this appears to be a problem only with the user build;  i.e. eng build works fine.
Message has been deleted

dscm

Jan 8, 2013, 6:03:59 PM1/8/13
to Android-x86
in my testing I have found that eng / user builds both seem to give
different results.......red frame border/ui crashes/etc.
there are many solutions in these forums that all work but it seems as
if the git sources do not contain any of these and
those problems keep coming up...........

am just now moving from Ubuntu 10.04 to Ubuntu 12.04 / 12.10 /13.04 to
test some of
these with android-x86 sources....

will verify when I get there...setting up android development
enviornment seems to be different on each flavor
as I guess AOSP isn't there yet though others have had success as you