Android-x86 4.4-r2 released

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 1, 2015, 7:38:20 AM1/1/15
to Android-x86
Happy New Year!

The Android-x86 4.4-r2 is released.
Please read the release note for details.

Except kernel 3.18, I also integrated the
UEFI support to the release.
It's still very primary. You can only run in live mode.
But it allows you to test android-x86 on UEFI only
devices more easier.

Finally some words about the Multiwindow for Android.
Originally I hope to integrate the important feature
into this release.
I merged the original Tieto jabol branch from github
without problems, only have a minor conflict.
(the branch created by Rodney Lederer seems disappear
from github... Sorry I didn't fetch it in time...)
However, after some tests I found it's still too buggy.
For example, switching between apps
make the keyboard failed to work.
(unless you touch the app again)
Sometimes the back key doesn't work.
These bugs even occur when multiwindow feature
isn't enabled.
So I decided to give it up.
Anyway, later I'll push the multiwindow branch to
the git server so people can test and debug it.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Ravid Maduni

Jan 1, 2015, 8:29:56 AM1/1/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
it will still work if i'll convert the img to iso?
and it is installable and dual bootable wit

בתאריך יום חמישי, 1 בינואר 2015 14:38:20 UTC+2, מאת Chih-Wei Huang:

Ravid Maduni

Jan 1, 2015, 8:31:53 AM1/1/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

sorry it didn't wrote with windows

בתאריך יום חמישי, 1 בינואר 2015 15:29:56 UTC+2, מאת Ravid Maduni:

Vaidotas

Jan 1, 2015, 9:54:48 AM1/1/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations on release. I noticed a huge improvement in kernel boot on UEFI tablet. While all earlier versions were being delayed for about 30 seconds after selecting a boot options, this one boots instantly without delays. I hope this improvement will be added to lollipop build.
Message has been deleted

Jack Padilla

Jan 1, 2015, 10:46:44 AM1/1/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
The IMG image is for UEFI computers. Converting it to ISO probably might lose some special sectors to boot it in UEFI properly.

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 1, 2015, 10:49:41 AM1/1/15
to Android-x86

2015/1/1 下午9:29 於 "Ravid Maduni" <ravi...@gmail.com> 寫道:

> it will still work if i'll convert the img to iso?
> and it is installable and dual bootable wit

Why? Have you read the release note carefully?

Carbon Jiao

Jan 1, 2015, 10:54:14 AM1/1/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for your hard work...

While this release cannot boot into desktop environment, maybe because of healthd issues: battery l=0 v=4039 t=0.0 h=1 st=3 chg=

Ravid Maduni

Jan 1, 2015, 11:20:24 AM1/1/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I've successfuly installed and dual booted the img. But, the camera doesn't work

Fajar A. Nugraha

Jan 1, 2015, 1:08:23 PM1/1/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 7:38 PM, Chih-Wei Huang <cwh...@android-x86.org> wrote:
> Happy New Year!
>
> The Android-x86 4.4-r2 is released.
> Please read the release note for details.

Thanks for the release.

I assume this should be similar to rbg's earlier kk + kernel 3.18 iso?
I tried copying my /data directory from there, but android ended up
very slow. Not sure why.

Starting with a clean /data allows it to start, and I even get to run
"mage and minions" (a 3d action rpg game) for a few minutes on asus
t100. Unfortunately it hangs inside the game, not responding to any
input. Is there a way to troubleshoot this problem?

On a side note, the game still runs faster on my redmi note (MT6592
cpu, with similar resolution and memory to t100), so either Mali-450
is better than intel HD graphic, or the drivers are not optimized.

--
Fajar

monstercameron

Jan 1, 2015, 1:13:45 PM1/1/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I cant boot into android. It drops me at the cmd line and i type ./init then it crashes.

Shogun Rua

Jan 1, 2015, 1:17:41 PM1/1/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Ok this release works perfect with the Acer Iconia w 700 hardware: all sensors works, wifi, bluetooth, sleep, etc....
The only major issue I found was all of my Play apps that I paid for is asking me to purchase then again. And when I try to purchase them again, my payment is declined.

Please help me.

Carsten Schmied

Jan 2, 2015, 2:28:50 AM1/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this release!!!

Sadly doesn't run on my Dell Venue 8 Pro. It boots and goes up until the initial setup-wizard. Then it waits forever while looking for Wifi Networks (I think).

Still...great progress it boots at all and runs on UEFI. Keep up the great work!

Drache Mitch

Jan 2, 2015, 3:00:31 AM1/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
When installing this release onto my Asus T100, I cannot install Grub.  If I choose "Yes" to install Grub, it hangs.  If I choose "No", Android installs to disk, but then I can't boot (because no Grub).

Fajar A. Nugraha

Jan 2, 2015, 11:31:28 AM1/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Chih-Wei did say "UEFI support to the release. It's still very
primary. You can only run in live mode."

Installing grub manually is easy enough provided that:
- you install it on USB disk
- the USB disk has MBR partitions (not GPT), with at least two
partitions, one FAT (for the efi system partition) and one ext3 (for
android and data, so you can have both system rw and persistent data)

Installing it to a different partition on T100 SD is also possible
(sharing the ESP with windows), but somewhat a hassle (mainly because
windows makes it hard to manage files on ESP).

Where are you installing to?

--
Fajar

john s wolter

Jan 2, 2015, 12:00:04 PM1/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I'm happy with r1 and will schedule to install r2.  Great work, thank you again.

One thing in this discussion thread is that the time stamps at the bottom of the EMails are in Hebrew.  Maybe it's a quirk of my browser setup.

Cheers,
John S. Wolter

zeethe...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2015, 12:27:05 PM1/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Did u get a proper display.. I couldn’t get it.. when I boot from the boot menu (pressing volume up on start up) I get a slightly lower resolution text.. then when I chose live OS.. it booted up but the display was all messed up..
Then I tried by setting the pd as my first boot device.. this time resolution was alright but when I selected the live OS, it shows some text and next screen goes blank.. and nothing happens.. I waited for a while but no luck.. Please tell me how to boot it with proper display.. Thanks in advance

Sent from Windows Mail

Fajar A. Nugraha

Jan 2, 2015, 1:55:07 PM1/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 3:00 PM, Drache Mitch <drach...@gmail.com> wrote:
As I mentioned earlier, if you use USB disk with at lest 2 partitions,
it's easy enough to install grub manually. After installing android
(preferably as system-rw, and choosing NOT to install grub) on 2nd
partition (ext3), extract this file on the root of 1st partition
(fat):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzJrniucvUn3Mkl5aTUxRzdFTzQ&authuser=0

It contains two directories with two files: \EFI\BOOT\bootia32.efi
(created from grub efi from ubuntu, with some modules built in), and
\grub\grub.cfg (the config file). The config file will search for
"/android-4.4-r2" (which is the default directory when you install
this version of android) and boot from there.

Once you put those two files in place and enter EFI boot selection
menu (either from BIOS, or from windows, or by repeatedly pressing
"Esc" when power on) with the USB drive plugged in, you'll get a new
EFI boot entry (in my case it says UEFI: KIngston ... , since my USB
drive is Kingston)

Of course there are other ways to have a working EFI bootloader for
android, but the above should be easiest.

--
Fajar

George Turner

Jan 2, 2015, 3:06:43 PM1/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Minor bug in your grub.cfg. You set android_root and then reference $android. Once that is fixed seems to work great. Thanks. I'm booting up android on my HP Stream 7 right now.

--
Fajar

Fajar A. Nugraha

Jan 2, 2015, 4:18:37 PM1/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Fixed, uploaded to same place. Thanks.

Fang Zhou

Jan 2, 2015, 11:18:10 PM1/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
It's perfect running on yoga2. Thanks a lot for your hard work!

在 2015年1月1日星期四UTC+8下午8时38分20秒,Chih-Wei Huang写道:

Nabil Hassani

Jan 3, 2015, 1:43:05 AM1/3/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Happy New Year to all involved devs, and keen users.

The r2 is a nice improvement, particularly for the sound which is much better now.

I tested it on Acer W700 Hybrid Tablet and Macbook Air 2011, they both load it well,

One thing still missing is divx video playing using the usual video players (MX Player, BSPlayer, CR Player, etc) they crash and cannot load videos, I emailed devs of these apps to encourage therm to address the issue.

However VLC plays OK, provided I choose normal accelaration (not full), otherwhise it crashes too.

Any idea of a video player compatible with the r1 and r2?

Again thanks for your hard work.

theNabster ;)

Shogun Rua

Jan 3, 2015, 2:09:24 PM1/3/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have tested video playback with mp4s they work fine for me with VLC and the default ANDROID player

Ravid Maduni

Jan 3, 2015, 2:52:03 PM1/3/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
camera FC for me... it's happen only with me? i have build-in camera in my laptop

בתאריך יום חמישי, 1 בינואר 2015 14:38:20 UTC+2, מאת Chih-Wei Huang:
Happy New Year!

Jan Kadera

Jan 3, 2015, 3:08:38 PM1/3/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,
thank you for this release, which I tried to install a while ago on my tablet.
It's a HP elitepad 900. For the first time in my life I've been able to boot up from USB and it was with this release.
But what happens is that the bootloader of uefi, or whatever crap I have to deal at that booting point is:
I  turn the computer on with VolDown key.
Flashdrive is glowing (=working)
I get the boot menu, go something like Change boot sequence and USB hard drive.
Flashdrive is working again
I get a list out of which to choose. There is Android live, Android instalation, Android debug and Windows 8.
Whatever Android I choose...
Flashdrive is working again, to a couple of seconds. Then it stops
The screen shows like the empty command promt...except the cursor at the 0,0 (top left position) isn't blinking and nothing will ever happen.

A friend of mine told me that it's a bad kernel, so I would like to try a different one, but I need to use a .IMG image with EFI, otherwise I won't be able to boot.
I couldn't find any on the site: http://www.android-x86.org/download

So what can I to to succeed at this PLEASE! I'm trying to get rid of those shitty windows for like a year now :(
Thank you in advance.
Jan

Nabil Hassani

Jan 4, 2015, 9:06:06 AM1/4/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
mp4s always play well in Android by default, the problem is that the actual apps such as MX Player, Dice Player, CR Player, BSPlayer do not work even with mp4s on x86.

I wonder if it has to do with houdini libraries? do we still need them?

On Saturday, January 3, 2015 1:43:05 AM UTC-5, Nabil Hassani wrote:
Happy New Year to all involved devs, and keen users.

The r2 is a nice improvement, particularly for the sound which is much better now.

I tested it on Acer W700 Hybrid Tablet and Macbook Air 2011, they both load it well,

One thing still missing is divx video playing using the usual video players (MX Player, BSPlayer, CR Player, etc) they crash and cannot load videos, I emailed devs of these apps to encourage therm to address the issue.

However VLC plays OK, provided I choose normal accelaration (not full), otherwhise it crashes too.

Any idea of a video player compatible with the r1 and r2?

Again thanks for your hard work.

theNabster ;)
Re.:

Fajar A. Nugraha

Jan 4, 2015, 9:24:36 AM1/4/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I believe HP elitepad 900 uses atom z2760, which uses a GPU
(PowerVR-based) that is unsupported by android-x86 due to lack of open
source driver. So nothing you can do by yourself to get it running
android natively.

--
Fajar

Kuba Klimek

Jan 4, 2015, 11:45:32 AM1/4/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
When I install it using uNetBootin it doestn boot. Im set in uefi usb boot, but it no result. Only normal Windows start. Any help?

jaan michiels

Jan 4, 2015, 3:51:36 PM1/4/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I use asus vivotab note 8.
Android boot up to setting without problems but can't continue setting because touchscreen don't work :(
I don't want use keyboard and mouse to work with android :p

Greg McGee

Jan 4, 2015, 5:09:50 PM1/4/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Installs fine on Lenovo X300 laptop. (did manual grub install)
Everything works except camera.

Randomly locks up solid after a few minutes, fs corruption gives fsck work run manually on reboot to Linux.

Nabil Hassani

Jan 4, 2015, 6:59:18 PM1/4/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Here is further stuff I found out about this r2 release;

On Acer W500, everything seems to be working fine.

On Acer W700, Wifi is broken, bluetooth works.

On Macbook Air mid 2011, Wifi is broken, bluetooth does not work, but BT works with dongle..

Compare it to r1:

On Acer W500 everything works.

On Acer W700, Wifi works, bluetooth does not work, but BT works with dongle.

On Macbook Air mid-2011, Wifi works, bluetooth does not work, but BT works with dongle.

So overall from r1 to r2, overall there is lack of consistency to make both BT and Wifi work.

The new kernel does not address these drivers issues in all scenarios in my experience.

I am glad I have at least Acer W500 that is doing well. Apart from the divx videos in most players.

Cheers

the Nabster ;)

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 4, 2015, 10:00:34 PM1/4/15
to Android-x86
> Here is further stuff I found out about this r2 release;
>
> On Acer W500, everything seems to be working fine.
>
> On Acer W700, Wifi is broken, bluetooth works.
>
> On Macbook Air mid 2011, Wifi is broken, bluetooth does not work, but BT
> works with dongle..
>
> Compare it to r1:
>
> On Acer W500 everything works.
>
> On Acer W700, Wifi works, bluetooth does not work, but BT works with dongle.
>
> On Macbook Air mid-2011, Wifi works, bluetooth does not work, but BT works
> with dongle.

What wifi driver is it in -r1?

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 4, 2015, 10:05:22 PM1/4/15
to Android-x86
2015/1/3 下午2:43 於 "Nabil Hassani" <nabil...@gmail.com> 寫道:

> Happy New Year to all involved devs, and keen users.
>
> The r2 is a nice improvement, particularly for the sound which is much better now.
>
> I tested it on Acer W700 Hybrid Tablet and Macbook Air 2011, they both load it well,
>
> One thing still missing is divx video playing using the usual video players (MX Player, BSPlayer, CR Player, etc) they crash and cannot load videos, I emailed devs of these apps to encourage therm to address the issue.

You may try to turn off the hardware codec of these players
and use its built-in software codec.
Note there is no real hardware codec support
in android-x6 yet.

> However VLC plays OK, provided I choose normal accelaration (not full), otherwhise it crashes too.
>
> Any idea of a video player compatible with the r1 and r2?

It may due to the bug of ffmpeg/stagefright-plugin.
Please provide the video file that tested failure.

Tiến Đạt Hà

Jan 4, 2015, 10:11:42 PM1/4/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
My headphone doesn't work. When I plug a cable to the headphone jack, there's no sound. I don't understand why but the sound is perfect with laptop speaker, just don't work with headphone. How can I fix this?

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 5, 2015, 2:06:45 AM1/5/15
to Android-x86
Then find a touchscreen driver for it.
I'll apply it later.

Greg McGee

Jan 5, 2015, 2:37:26 AM1/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Lenovo X200T (tablet) core2 duo 1.86GHz 8GB RAM 750GB SSHD.

Runs 4.3-test, 4.4-r1 fine (with some work)
Bug in 4.4-R1 and -R2: wacom-input only superfically works for the X200T.

wacom-input does not seem to pass pen pressure, or at least none of the pressure sensitive apps recognise the pen using that driver.
(markers, papyrus,art-flow, infinite painter are what I use)

The autocal using wacom-input gets the screen scaling/limits very wrong, the last ~1/2" of the R side and bottom of the screen are dead areas.
Fixing the pointecal manually does not seem to help, seems to still cut off parts of the screen.

Commenting out the tscal, wacom-input and related entries in init.sh (and deleting the generated pointercal) and adding inputattach and the entry from the previous patch corrects scaling errors and the apps "see" the pen properly. The "bad" pointercal data will be used if it exists.

The wacom-w8001 kernel module for the serial pen (loaded and used by inputattach) gets the screen geometry/scaling 100% correct.

4.4-R2 no wifi, no wired network, and no BT on Lenovo X200, but doesn't seem to crash/lockup in very limited testing.
All 3 work on X300 but it locks hard, randomly on R2, have not figured out how to tshoot that.

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 5, 2015, 2:56:15 AM1/5/15
to Android-x86
> Lenovo X200T (tablet) core2 duo 1.86GHz 8GB RAM 750GB SSHD.
>
> Runs 4.3-test, 4.4-r1 fine (with some work)
> Bug in 4.4-R1 and -R2: wacom-input only superfically works for the X200T.
>
> wacom-input does not seem to pass pen pressure, or at least none of the pressure sensitive apps recognise the pen using that driver.
> (markers, papyrus,art-flow, infinite painter are what I use)
>
> The autocal using wacom-input gets the screen scaling/limits very wrong, the last ~1/2" of the R side and bottom of the screen are dead areas.
> Fixing the pointecal manually does not seem to help, seems to still cut off parts of the screen.
>
> Commenting out the tscal, wacom-input and related entries in init.sh (and deleting the generated pointercal) and adding inputattach and the entry from the previous patch corrects scaling errors and the apps "see" the pen properly. The "bad" pointercal data will be used if it exists.
>
> The wacom-w8001 kernel module for the serial pen (loaded and used by inputattach) gets the screen geometry/scaling 100% correct.

Provide the patch, please.

Nabil Hassani

Jan 5, 2015, 6:35:37 AM1/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I don't know, you made the -r1 release.
or do you mean which hardware?
I will check, I think Broadcom for Macbook Air and Atheros for Acer W700, for Macbook Air, I need to log in to router before booting to get it recognised, but wifi signal does not show up in status bar, but it works.
Also using ethernet dongle work for both, so it is a non-mobile workaround.

Nabil Hassani

Jan 5, 2015, 6:39:13 AM1/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
All video players do not work software or hardware codecs.
Only VLC works with software codec or standard acceleration decoding (not full).
Maybe it is as you said a ffmpeg / stagefright plugin.
I submitted a request on XDA about this bug on MX Player here:

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 5, 2015, 7:06:46 AM1/5/15
to Android-x86
> I don't know, you made the -r1 release.

Check 'lsmod'.
Learn something before you report an issue.

> or do you mean which hardware?
> I will check, I think Broadcom for Macbook Air and Atheros for Acer W700,
> for Macbook Air, I need to log in to router before booting to get it
> recognised, but wifi signal does not show up in status bar, but it works.
> Also using ethernet dongle work for both, so it is a non-mobile workaround.

If it's the bromadcom chip, the driver 'wl'
is not included in r2 release.
Because nobody is bother to test it yet.

Nabil Hassani

Jan 5, 2015, 7:52:52 AM1/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, 5 January 2015 12:06:46 UTC, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:
> I don't know, you made the -r1 release.

Check 'lsmod'.
Learn something before you report an issue.

It's OK, I misunderstood you.

> or do you mean which hardware?
> I will check, I think Broadcom for Macbook Air and Atheros for Acer W700,
> for Macbook Air, I need to log in to router before booting to get it
> recognised, but wifi signal does not show up in status bar, but it works.
> Also using ethernet dongle work for both, so it is a non-mobile workaround.

If it's the broadcom chip, the driver 'wl'
is not included in r2 release.
Because nobody is bother to test it yet.
No matter, it's OK, I downgraded to -r1 for the macbook and W700.
-r2 for W500 is fine, and I included it in its ssd hard disk.

jaan michiels

Jan 5, 2015, 8:32:10 AM1/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Same for me but you should use.Img because that is for eufi.

jaan michiels

Jan 5, 2015, 8:35:47 AM1/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I will try find driver but me Asus tablet is not popular. I will do test for you.
Thanks for great release with eufi!

luke daniels

Jan 5, 2015, 8:51:37 AM1/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello thanks for the .iso everything works except some game apps is there any way to fix this?

luke daniels

Jan 5, 2015, 8:53:58 AM1/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello thanks for the .iso everything works fine except for some game apps is there anyway to fix this?
Message has been deleted

Kuba Klimek

Jan 5, 2015, 9:14:41 AM1/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
It gives me to cmd line. Please help!!!!

Verachten Bruno

Jan 5, 2015, 9:32:25 AM1/5/15
to android-x86
Me too, I've got the welcome screen, but the command line is below.
I have no mouse pointer.
As soon as I type something on the keyboard, I can see I have a console.

Kuba Klimek

Jan 5, 2015, 9:53:38 AM1/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have only grub menu, witchout welcome screen... :/. Sorry for bad english.

Kuba Klimek

Jan 5, 2015, 1:51:39 PM1/5/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Ok, no works, but Wifi and touch screen dont work

Zoli N

Jan 6, 2015, 7:43:14 AM1/6/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately the touch, the WiFi and the sound doesn't work on my allowed wi7 z3735g based tablet. Is it possible to use fedlet' drivers for android?

Ravid Maduni

Jan 6, 2015, 2:27:59 PM1/6/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
 the camera doesn't work. the stock one and google camera from play store. and some games doesn't work, like food battle that was working for me with my pc with gt 220 nvidia gpu and with r1 with 3.16 kernel, but not on my current laptop.

I'm using currently asus vivobook s500ca, with i3

בתאריך יום חמישי, 1 בינואר 2015 14:38:20 UTC+2, מאת Chih-Wei Huang:

Miker

Jan 6, 2015, 4:03:47 PM1/6/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

While re-reading this I had a thought on the bottom right it should have a skip button.  Could the resolution be off and your not seeing the skip button...

Mike

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On January 2, 2015 1:28:52 AM Carsten Schmied <carsten...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for this release!!!

Sadly doesn't run on my Dell Venue 8 Pro. It boots and goes up until the initial setup-wizard. Then it waits forever while looking for Wifi Networks (I think).

Still...great progress it boots at all and runs on UEFI. Keep up the great work!

Nabil Hassani

Jan 6, 2015, 4:50:23 PM1/6/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Good news for me, -r2 wifi and bt work on Acer W700 (Atheros chips)

This is why wifi stopped working:

I use usb dongle for android, and when I used it with other x86 device which has broadcom wl chip, it got confused, and wifi got broken
in W700.

When I reinstalled -r1 and upgraded to -r2 on W700, the wifi stayed working :)

Ng Ek Ngee

Jan 7, 2015, 2:45:55 AM1/7/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
4.4r2 has problems loading on a Dell Vostro 1200 that runs well on 4.4r1.

Formatted the hard disk to ext3 using PartedMagic on Hiren's BootCD, then installed 4.4r2.
  • 1st reboot - hangs on Android boot logo
  • 2nd reboot - skips setup, goes into "Upgrading apps", then hangs after the last app is done
  • 3rd reboot - hangs on Android boot logo
I thought it might be issues with ext3, so I formatted the hard disk to NTFS using PartedMagic.
  • 1st reboot - boots into setup, then hangs on "Just a sec"
  • 2nd reboot - hangs on Android boot logo
After that, I decided to install back 4.4r1 on ext3, with no issues.

Verachten Bruno

Jan 7, 2015, 5:20:35 AM1/7/15
to android-x86
I checked and the houdini libs are in /system/lib and /system/lib/arm.
It's kind of normal, I copied them (the one I used to use in JB) in
the vendor/intel/lib in the source folder.
Anyway, this is not enough for "my" kitkat, as I get this log with Water:
<6>[ 47.509274] .disney.WMWLite[2187]: segfault at b4 ip 78f17751 sp
bff94730 error 4 in libhoudini.so[78e2f000+236000]

Verachten Bruno

Jan 8, 2015, 5:31:30 AM1/8/15
to android-x86
Hi,

I managed to get rid of my libhoudini problems by setting http_proxy
in a console, and remounting / in rw.
The enable_houdini script managed to download and install; thanks for your help.
Anyway, the "Water" app doesn't work. I suppose it is linked to fmodex:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Couldn't load fmodex from loader
dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[DexPathList[[zip file
"/system/app/com_disney_WMWLite-20.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/vendor/lib,
/system/lib]]]: findLibrary returned null
or maybe it's an OpenGl problem:
01-08 11:21:51.067: E/libEGL(1715): called unimplemented OpenGL ES API

Thanks.

Bruno Verachten

Mohamed habeeb

Jan 8, 2015, 6:49:35 AM1/8/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have tested this version on my laptop dell n5010 and working like charm.
Wifi is ok, audio is Ok, camera is ok, bluetooth (broadcom chipset) not working.
Waiting the future release.
Thanks alot

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 8, 2015, 7:03:16 AM1/8/15
to Android-x86

> I managed to get rid of my libhoudini problems by setting http_proxy
> in a console, and remounting / in rw.
> The enable_houdini script managed to download and install; thanks for your help.
> Anyway, the "Water" app doesn't work. I suppose it is linked to fmodex:
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Couldn't load fmodex from loader
> dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[DexPathList[[zip file
> "/system/app/com_disney_WMWLite-20.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/vendor/lib,

Why you have the app in /system/app/?
You should not put such an apk (containing native libs)
in /system/app directly.
(unless you know how to extract libs and put them to correct dir)

Install the apk normally, please.

Sai Zhou

Jan 8, 2015, 9:12:14 PM1/8/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
thanks for the great work!

however, wifi failed to work on 4.4r2 but was working on 4.4r1 though. Everything else works fine so far.

Verachten Bruno

Jan 9, 2015, 9:48:25 AM1/9/15
to android-x86
> Why you have the app in /system/app/?
Well, I thought that the apps put in device/generic/x86/app/ were
treated like "bloatware", always there.
The README file says : "# Put your apks here. The Android-x86 build
system will add them automatically."
"Water" is the application I use to see if the libhoudini is working or not.
That's why I put it there. Is there another place where I should put
it in the source tree?
By the way, I have a "LIME HD" application in my builds, but I can't
find the apk in the source tree.
Does anyone know where it comes from?

> You should not put such an apk (containing native libs)
> in /system/app directly.
> (unless you know how to extract libs and put them to correct dir)

> Install the apk normally, please.
I've done it, and it changed nothing. So I chose not to install
houdini nor Water in the ISO from the beginning, and try something
else.
I've done in a console: export http_proxy=http://Myproxy:myport and
then sh -x /system/bin/enable_houdini to see what's going on, and the
install went fine (because wget obviously uses that http_proxy
variable).
I then installed "Water" with adb, and the app crashed because of the
libhoudini.so missing from /system/lib. So I copied from
/system/lib/arm to /system/lib, and I now have a functional system.

I still have to find how to use the proxy for the whole system, but
it's getting better...

Thanks a lot,
--
Bruno Verachten

Scotty Dog

Jan 9, 2015, 11:45:06 AM1/9/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
thank you for all the work you have done on this project.  i got a sony flip 14a and all seems to working although a few minor things i think ive done wrong  The thing is that i have tried to donate to you form the uk through paypal but says its not available but this has been on going for over 4 months.  just to show my appreciation of your work so far how would i go about donating and hoping that your not loosing out on others with the same problems.

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 9, 2015, 11:51:42 AM1/9/15
to Android-x86
>> Why you have the app in /system/app/?
> Well, I thought that the apps put in device/generic/x86/app/ were
> treated like "bloatware", always there.
> The README file says : "# Put your apks here. The Android-x86 build
> system will add them automatically."
> "Water" is the application I use to see if the libhoudini is working or not.
> That's why I put it there. Is there another place where I should put
> it in the source tree?

If you build it from source, that's correct.

> By the way, I have a "LIME HD" application in my builds, but I can't
> find the apk in the source tree.
> Does anyone know where it comes from?

It's a prebuilt apk from Google Play.

>> You should not put such an apk (containing native libs)
>> in /system/app directly.
>> (unless you know how to extract libs and put them to correct dir)
>
>> Install the apk normally, please.
> I've done it, and it changed nothing. So I chose not to install
> houdini nor Water in the ISO from the beginning, and try something
> else.
> I've done in a console: export http_proxy=http://Myproxy:myport and
> then sh -x /system/bin/enable_houdini to see what's going on, and the
> install went fine (because wget obviously uses that http_proxy
> variable).
> I then installed "Water" with adb, and the app crashed because of the
> libhoudini.so missing from /system/lib. So I copied from
> /system/lib/arm to /system/lib, and I now have a functional system.

It should work in both dirs.
Maybe something wrong. I need to check again.

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 9, 2015, 12:01:33 PM1/9/15
to Android-x86
> thank you for all the work you have done on this project. i got a sony flip
> 14a and all seems to working although a few minor things i think ive done
> wrong The thing is that i have tried to donate to you form the uk through
> paypal but says its not available but this has been on going for over 4
> months. just to show my appreciation of your work so far how would i go
> about donating and hoping that your not loosing out on others with the same
> problems.

Thank you for the willing to donate.
Paypal just stopped me accepting donation
by a ridiculous reason (probably since 2012).
I have argued with them but no result.
I don't know what I can do for it.

I think you can still transfer the donation
to my account directly: cwh...@linux.org.tw
Thank you.

Greg McGee

Jan 10, 2015, 7:15:29 AM1/10/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
> The wacom-w8001 kernel module for the serial pen (loaded and used by inputattach) gets the screen geometry/scaling 100% correct.

>Provide the patch, please.

Working on it, where does one add packages to be built in external/ nowadays?

Got latest version setup to build/install in device/generic/x86 but it segfaults.>:(
The old 32bit binary (built on 4.2) now works with the x64 kernel, they fixed the kernel a few months ago.
I suppose I should try building from the old source...

Set it up so it loads instead of wacom-input on x200 models

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 1:56 AM, Chih-Wei Huang <cwh...@android-x86.org> wrote:
> Lenovo X200T (tablet) core2 duo 1.86GHz 8GB RAM 750GB SSHD.
>
> Runs 4.3-test, 4.4-r1 fine (with some work)
> Bug in 4.4-R1 and -R2: wacom-input only superfically works for the X200T.
>
> wacom-input does not seem to pass pen pressure, or at least none of the pressure sensitive apps recognise the pen using that driver.
> (markers, papyrus,art-flow, infinite painter are what I use)
>
> The autocal using wacom-input gets the screen scaling/limits very wrong, the last ~1/2" of the R side and bottom of the screen are dead areas.
> Fixing the pointecal manually does not seem to help, seems to still cut off parts of the screen.
>
> Commenting out the tscal, wacom-input and related entries in init.sh (and deleting the generated pointercal) and adding inputattach and the entry from the previous patch corrects scaling errors and the apps "see" the pen properly. The "bad" pointercal data will be used if it exists.
>
> The wacom-w8001 kernel module for the serial pen (loaded and used by inputattach) gets the screen geometry/scaling 100% correct.

Provide the patch, please.

> 4.4-R2 no wifi, no wired network, and no BT on Lenovo X200, but doesn't seem to crash/lockup in very limited testing.
> All 3 work on X300 but it locks hard, randomly on R2, have not figured out how to tshoot that.

Greg McGee

Jan 10, 2015, 11:05:18 PM1/10/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Got inputattach building//working pn curent repo, apparently you put new target dir in external/ and add the target to device/generic/x86/packages.mk

I adapted init.sh to load it on X200 tablets instead of wacom-input.

4.4.4 seems to have lost wifi and BT is iffy, but the touchscreen works.

How do i do a git diff when i have files and directories in multiple locations, and it's not really a git repository?
I suppose I could just use diff on a copy of the std repo and the modified one, is that what is desired?

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 11, 2015, 1:18:06 AM1/11/15
to Android-x86
You may use 'repo diff' on the top of android-x86 tree.
But note it only shows the changes you made in files tracked by git.
If you add new files or dirs, you need to use 'git add' to add them first.

For inputattach, I prefer to use the git repo from upstream directly.
Just give me the patch you changed from upstream (if any).

Michele Carta

Feb 25, 2015, 5:19:10 AM2/25/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fajar,
many thanks for your upload.

Those files worked for me. I installed the last version of Android-x86 on the HDD of my Medion Akoya P2214T (a blocked UEFI Bios) using these informations and copying the installed files on the USB drive to a HDD partition I created after a small one for the GRUB files.

Many thanks!

Mikele

jim jimmy

Feb 25, 2015, 7:15:22 PM2/25/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
To Mr. Nabi. Could you please write a guide of how you install this Android on your Acer w700. I've tried to install but get the error message "unsupported gpt use gnu parted"

EGOvoruhk

Feb 25, 2015, 7:15:22 PM2/25/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the release! Works great on my Dell Inspiron 11 2-in-1 (3147 with an N2830). All hardware seems to work for the most part: Touchscreen, Trackpad (though it operates as if it were the touchscreen, no mouse pointer), Sound with side physical hardware controls, WiFi, Bluetooth (haven't paired anything yet, and it's finicky about turning off, not even Airplane Mode kills it), Brightness controls, Camera, Microphone (A little laggy/sensitive using Google Search/Now), Rotation, and Function keys (Although the volume keys turn down the "Phone" audio, which has no use, since there's no cell radio, and some other buttons like search or settings have no mapping). Also, EFI boot works great in Live mode, hopefully the Lollipop release will allow us to install it that way too

My only "complaints" are: The the trackpad issue from above (I'd much rather have a cursor, which is what I get using Console OS, so I know it's not the hardware), the Bluetooth not being able to be turned off, the empty signal bar (It thinks there should be cell signal rather than a WiFi only tablet), the power button just sleeping the device (versus a pop up power menu to reboot or shut off), and the keyboard/trackpad not being able to deactivate when folded in tablet mode (The soft keyboard seems completely disabled in any mode)

I know a lot of those are because of this particular hardware, and I don't expect perfection, I was just compiling a list for devs and others looking to use the same device. If there's anything I'm missing on being able to fix the above issues, or anything I can to help correct them, please let me know. I can provide logs and testing. Thanks again for the release, I'll probably be replacing Windows completely on this machine after some more testing!

jim jimmy

Feb 25, 2015, 7:15:22 PM2/25/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Can you give us some guide how you install on your Acer W700 system? I've tried by failed. Thanks.

Bernard

Feb 26, 2015, 12:00:38 AM2/26/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
the Bluetooth not being able to be turned off, the empty signal bar (It thinks there should be cell signal rather than a WiFi only tablet), the power button just sleeping the device (versus a pop up power menu to reboot or shut off), and the keyboard/trackpad not being able to deactivate when folded in tablet mode (The soft keyboard seems completely disabled in any mode)

What I do to reset Bluetooth is use a shortcut in the quick toggle area (using Gravity box/Xposed) to run a Tasker task that does the following:

1. Turns off Bluetooth
2. Initiates a soft reboot using shell command "pkill zygote"

This is a seemingly dirty hack, but the soft reboot takes about 3 seconds on my tablet and this effectively resets the bluetooth and keeps it off until I want to use it next time.

Chih-Wei Huang

Feb 26, 2015, 4:28:02 AM2/26/15
to Android-x86
For the trackpad, you need to create an idc file
to adjust its behavior.
Search the forum for how to do it.

Аманов Тимур

Mar 15, 2015, 8:01:05 AM3/15/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

But why does Android work on Motorola Razr i with same processor?

Thank you,

Tim

воскресенье, 4 января 2015 г., 17:24:36 UTC+3 пользователь Fajar A. Nugraha написал:
I believe HP elitepad 900 uses atom z2760, which uses a GPU
(PowerVR-based) that is unsupported by android-x86 due to lack of open
source driver. So nothing you can do by yourself to get it running
android natively.

--
Fajar

Greg McGee

Mar 16, 2015, 4:06:53 AM3/16/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Android-x86 is based on AOSP, the required proprietary graphics video chip driver is not available for that device.