usb sound card kitkat

hatharry

Feb 16, 2015, 8:56:09 PM2/16/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
hi all

i have a sound blaster x-fi pro usb. is there any way to get this working with kitkat?

Thanks

OmegaKZ793

Mar 20, 2015, 9:42:35 AM3/20/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
HI! I have same problem.

I make some changes in init.sh.
Now a have initialised my X-Fi Pro usb by alsa_ctl init

alsa_aplay is playing wave files normaly. It's mean soundcard is recognized by kernel and alsa.

There was one problem. How do I get the sound card through Android.
i have only mixer "PCM" and "Mic" is printed by "alsa_amixer scontrols".
As far as I understand it to work in Androyid needs mixer "Master"

Please halp me solve the problem

OmegaKZ793

Mar 22, 2015, 2:29:14 AM3/22/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Surely no one knows how to fix it ?
I just stuck with the sound , the rest works .

Chih-Wei Huang

Mar 25, 2015, 8:47:01 AM3/25/15
to Android-x86
If the sound driver works,
you have to debug the HAL.
Read the code in hardware/libaudio/
and try add more logs to see what failed.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

OmegaKZ793

Mar 25, 2015, 11:20:18 AM3/25/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Good Day, Chih-Wei Huang !

If the sound driver works,
Yes its works. I can play WAVE files with "alsa_aplay" comand.
I unload all audio modules, except the "snd_usb_audio".
Initialized only one sound card, and that "X-Fi Go! Pro". Defined as "USB Audio".

you have to debug the HAL.
Read the code in hardware/libaudio/
and try add more logs to see what failed.

I tried to do debugging.
When i attempt to play the sound from the Android, i get in logcat error:
E:audio_hw_primary ( 987) pcm_openout) failed: invalid argument!

Then I can't progress in solving the problem.

I expect that incorrect initialized sound card frequency or other parameter.

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 1, 2015, 4:00:30 AM4/1/15
to Android-x86
Probably. Please check the pcm_open statement in
start_output_stream function of hardware/libaudio/audio_hw.c.
Try to adjust the out->pcm_config to see what is acceptable.
(I guess the OUT_SAMPLING_RATE, you may try 44100 first)

hatharry

Apr 1, 2015, 9:56:24 PM4/1/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
 i got my card working. i disabled my on board sound in the bios. i remember disabling my on board sound a while ago without it working. i don't know why its working now.

Mexus

Apr 2, 2015, 5:36:13 AM4/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi hatharry,

so did you actually change anything? Or just simple turning of your onboard soundcard did the trick?

hatharry

Apr 2, 2015, 5:44:58 AM4/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I "alas_allay -L" to make sure the device id was 0 on my cards. Tried so hard to change the card order in audio_hw.c and around.conf with no luck. Disabled onboard and it just started working.

hatharry

Apr 2, 2015, 5:46:12 AM4/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Alsa_aplay I mean

Mexus

Apr 2, 2015, 6:00:04 AM4/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I will try that.
I am fighting with my usb sound card too. The card is detected but no sound at all.

On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 11:46:12 AM UTC+2, hatharry wrote:
Alsa_aplay I mean

OmegaKZ793

Apr 2, 2015, 7:18:17 AM4/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Alsa_aplay I mean
Index of sound card is "0".
i desable module hda_audio. Only one card is init by ALSA_CTL INIT

hatharry

Apr 2, 2015, 8:30:46 AM4/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Are you using 4.4 r1 or newer?

hatharry .

Apr 2, 2015, 8:34:41 AM4/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Oops 4.4 r2?

On 3/04/2015 1:31 am, "hatharry" <hath...@gmail.com> wrote:
Are you using 4.4 r1 or newer?

OmegaKZ793

Apr 2, 2015, 9:46:25 AM4/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Probably. Please check the pcm_open statement in
start_output_stream function of hardware/libaudio/audio_hw.c.
Try to adjust the out->pcm_config to see what is acceptable.
(I guess the OUT_SAMPLING_RATE, you may try 44100 first)

Yes! Its WORKS!

Big Thx!  OUT_SAMPLING_RATE 44100 is solve my problem! Now i have sound!

OmegaKZ793

Apr 2, 2015, 9:47:32 AM4/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

четверг, 2 апреля 2015 г., 18:34:41 UTC+6 пользователь hatharry написал:
I using 4.4.4 R2

David

Apr 2, 2015, 1:03:44 PM4/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Last year I tried to get some Logitech USB speakers working with a Samsung NC10, Chih-Wei suggested disabling the onboard audio driver but I couldn't find any way to do that in Bios and gave up.
I am not clear from this discussion whether there is a way to do this now using 4.4.4 R2? Can someone please summarise the steps for me?
Thanks, David

Mexus

Apr 2, 2015, 1:42:40 PM4/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
anyone remember the kernel parameter to init USB audio first? So i would see usb audio as #0 in alsa_aplay -l
Or is there any way how to disable hdmi audio? I have no such setting in bios.

Mexus

Apr 2, 2015, 2:34:09 PM4/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
got it

snd.slots=snd-usb-audio

Mexus

Apr 2, 2015, 2:39:37 PM4/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
and it works!!!

44100 did the trick

hatharry

Apr 2, 2015, 7:54:10 PM4/2/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Good Job! guess my card doesnt mind the higher 48000 sample rate. do you know where to put snd.slots=snd-usb-audio in the source?

hatharry

Apr 14, 2015, 4:07:10 AM4/14/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know which file i need to put snd slots=snd-usb-audio?

hatharry

Apr 14, 2015, 5:12:14 AM4/14/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
found it. its grub.cfg. thanks

Mexus

Apr 14, 2015, 9:07:06 AM4/14/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
yes /grub/menu.lst
My soundcard supports up to 96k sample rate but looks like the 44.1k is the only option that works.
How about you Harry? Did you manage to increase the rate to higher number?

hatharry

Apr 14, 2015, 9:15:12 AM4/14/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
my sound blaster x-fi pro usb popped too much in the car so i replaced it with a xonar u7. i did try putting the sample rate to 96k but it didnt work on the sound blaster. the u7 can go up to 192k but i have yet to try it.