Kernel requires an x86 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU. ACER travelmate 290

Przemysław Kurek

Jan 17, 2018, 5:03:34 AM1/17/18
to Android-x86
Hi.
I installed android and I'm receiving that message.

zhongtian xie

Jan 17, 2018, 8:09:26 AM1/17/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
maybe your cpu is i686,32bit cpu;
you should download a 32bit iso
which version img  you installed?

2018年1月17日星期三,Przemysław Kurek <decer...@gmail.com> 写道:
Hi.
I installed android and I'm receiving that message.

Povilas Staniulis

Jan 17, 2018, 2:51:31 PM1/17/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Do you mean: Kernel requires a x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU
If so, you are trying to run a build with 64-bit kernel on a 32-bit only
CPU. This won't work.

On 2018.01.17 12:03, Przemysław Kurek wrote:
> Hi.
> I installed android and I'm receiving that message.

Thomas Kings

Jan 22, 2018, 6:14:14 PM1/22/18
to Android-x86
Travelmate 290 has an X86,  32bit Pentium M.
The 32bit built should be compatible, although the chipset of this laptop is so old that I doubt you will successfully run Android on it.
Alone the GPU isn't fully OpenGL ES compatible.