mount system.sfs as read-write

Martin

Apr 21, 2017, 10:57:57 AM4/21/17
to Android-x86
I have problem...

At start - I'm using android-x86 on pendrive.
Data is on second partition(ext4), but few things are not working eg. ARM apps, so to make it work I need libhoudini, but how to install it when filesystem is read only? (can't remount it as rw).

There's any chance to get it working? Or... what files, and where to put them ?
I can unpack and repack on pc, so...

Thanks in advance!

Povilas Staniulis

Apr 21, 2017, 10:59:26 AM4/21/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Extract system.img from system.sfs. Then change grub to boot from
system.img.

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 22, 2017, 1:59:04 AM4/22/17
to Android-x86
You don't need to do so.

Settings -> App compatibility -> Enable nativebridge.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Martin

Apr 22, 2017, 4:24:13 AM4/22/17
to Android-x86
I've tried. To debug I ran script enable_nativebridge - failed on saving libhoudini.sfs, so...
Changing system.sfs to img working well. After that I ran script again - worked, but I'm not sure if libhoudini working on nougat. I'll check that.

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 22, 2017, 11:20:49 AM4/22/17
to Android-x86
> I've tried. To debug I ran script enable_nativebridge - failed on saving
> libhoudini.sfs, so...
> Changing system.sfs to img working well. After that I ran script again -

Say again. No need to do this.
libhoudini.sfs is not saved to /system.
Read the enable_nativebridge script
to confirm this if you can.