Fixed Ethernet android-x86 ICS

Lap Ngo Doan

Feb 29, 2012, 12:03:04 AM2/29/12
to Android-x86, Tan Nguyen Quang, Tung Hoang
Hi all,
We found on the link
http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-0-rc1
ReleaseNote 4.0-RC1

Known issues
Suspend and resume doesn't work on some targets.
No Ethernet support.
We can fix "No Ethernet support" by using following command
1. Goto terminal by pressing <Ctrl> + <Alt> + <F1>
2. Run
# netcfg eth0 up
# netcfg eth0 dhcp
# setprop net.dns1 8.8.8.8

After that,we can access the Internet on android browser
We can put above commands to a script and run it when booting android
Note: we tested android-x86-4.0-RC1-amd_brazos.iso
======================================
Hoang Tung and Ngo Doan Lap from Techburg

WritZ Das

Feb 29, 2012, 4:33:51 AM2/29/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
please give an example how to put it in a script and run it during startup...

--------
Writ-Z

Lap Ngo Doan

Feb 29, 2012, 4:39:25 AM2/29/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can add those command to /system/ect/init.sh file
Please refer to attached file for more details
init.sh

notandyet

Feb 29, 2012, 9:23:53 AM2/29/12
to Android-x86
Thanks a mil
while this cuts down on mobility it helps a lot until wifi support on
the acer one 722 is availble

On Feb 28, 9:03 pm, Lap Ngo Doan <lapngod...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> We found on the linkhttp://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-0-rc1

Bùi Lai

Mar 1, 2012, 9:56:24 AM3/1/12
to Android-x86
thx, trying this now :D

On Feb 29, 12:03 pm, Lap Ngo Doan <lapngod...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> We found on the linkhttp://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-0-rc1

solsTiCe d'Hiver

Mar 1, 2012, 12:17:34 PM3/1/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com, Tan Nguyen Quang, Tung Hoang
Excellent !
So there is no need for a patch after all ??!

# setprop net.dns1 8.8.8.8

Note that 8.8.8.8 is the DNS of Google.
You can use whatever DNS you like: the dns on your router may be at 192.168.0.1 for example

Billy

Mar 1, 2012, 12:48:09 PM3/1/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com, Tan Nguyen Quang, Tung Hoang
It is unfortunate that Market, Accounts setup, etc still don't think we are connected to the Internet when eth0 is working. Any solution to this one?
Cheers
Billy

WritZ Das

Mar 1, 2012, 1:00:25 PM3/1/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Same with me!!

--------
Writ-Z

Bzbit

Mar 27, 2012, 11:39:08 AM3/27/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com, Tan Nguyen Quang, Tung Hoang
Hi

I'm trying to make this work on eeepc with RC1 image,

# netcfg eth0 dhcp

will not return, I have to Ctrl+C in order to get back to console. any ideas?
Thx for the help
Message has been deleted

Bzbit

Mar 27, 2012, 1:13:35 PM3/27/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
thanks for your replay  tabletsx86 -

I do the
# netcfg eth0 up

and when typing

# netcfg eth0 dhcp

the console will not return -  I have to Ctrl+C in order to get back to console, looks like the opration fails.
I cant get to geting ip address.

Thx for the help on this

On Tuesday, March 27, 2012 6:16:10 PM UTC+2, tabletsx86 wrote:
# netcfg eth0 up
# netcfg eth0 dhcp
# setprop net.dns1 8.8.8.8

On Tuesday, March 27, 2012 6:16:10 PM UTC+2, tabletsx86 wrote:
# netcfg eth0 up
# netcfg eth0 dhcp
# setprop net.dns1 8.8.8.8

Jayneil Dalal

May 3, 2012, 2:37:59 PM5/3/12
to Android-x86
Hi,

I tried the exact commands you posted, but I am still not able to
access the internet. Can I use any DNS or I have to use the DNS of my
router? I used the one that you used.

Cheers,
Jayneil.

On Mar 27, 9:16 pm, tabletsx86 <rbg.tablets...@gmail.com> wrote:
> # netcfg eth0 up
> # netcfg eth0 dhcp
> # setprop net.dns1 8.8.8.8
>
> On Mar 27, 11:39 am, Bzbit <benziz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi
>
> > I'm trying to make this work on eeepc with RC1 image,
>
> > # netcfg eth0 dhcp
>
> > will not return, I have to Ctrl+C in order to get back to console. any
> > ideas?
> > Thx for the help
>
> > On Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:03:04 AM UTC+2, Lap Ngo Doan wrote:
>
> > > Hi all,
> > > We found on the link
> > >http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-0-rc1
> > > ReleaseNote 4.0-RC1
>
> > >  Known issues
> > > Suspend and resume doesn't work on some targets.
> > > NoEthernetsupport.
> > > We can fix "NoEthernetsupport" by using  following command

Stefan

May 3, 2012, 3:56:39 PM5/3/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

usually you can take the DNS in your own network, like your router, or a
public DNS, like Google's 8.8.8.8. Public DNS has the disadvantage that
it can not resolve other devices in your private network. This is not an
disadvantage as long as you don't want to communicate with other
devicers in your own network.

You should check out if you have set up a correct IP / Gateway adress
and subnet mask as static for your home network on your Android device,
or if your DHCP server (usually your router) is setup correctly to hand
out IP adress, Gateway and subnet of your private network, and that you
have reserved enough pribate IP adresses for all your devices.

Stefan
Message has been deleted

Anunakin

May 4, 2012, 9:38:02 AM5/4/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com, Tan Nguyen Quang, Tung Hoang
Where can I add Ethernet and Bluetooth support to a specific firmware?

Mikhail Sviridov

May 29, 2012, 6:34:48 PM5/29/12
to Android-x86
Hi all,

Can anyone point me the place where I should start to dig into this
issue?
When I use those three commands I have no problem with the internet in
console and browser, but not all apps works normal. Some doesn't work
like Plex Client. Some are partially working, like Amazon Appstore. I
can see list of applications in there but I don't see thumbnails..

With Best Regards,
Mikhail.

> > Hi all,
> > We found on the link
> >http://www.android-x86.org/releases/releasenote-4-0-rc1
> > ReleaseNote 4.0-RC1
>
> >  Known issues
> > Suspend and resume doesn't work on some targets.
> > No Ethernet support.
> > We can fix "No Ethernet support" by using  following command
> > 1. Goto terminal by pressing <Ctrl> +  <Alt> +  <F1>
> > 2. Run
> > # netcfg eth0 up
> > # netcfg eth0 dhcp
> > # setprop net.dns1 8.8.8.8
>
> > After that,we can access the Internet on android browser
> > We can put above commands to a script and run it when booting android
> > Note: we tested  android-x86-4.0-RC1-amd_brazos.iso
> > Hoang Tung and Ngo Doan Lap from Techburg- Hide quoted text -

Ron M

Feb 11, 2013, 4:04:43 PM2/11/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Alt F7