Is hdmi sound works?

מאור סטרולוביץ'

Apr 29, 2017, 5:39:45 AM4/29/17
to Android-x86
Hello is the hdmi sound working in the latest veraions?

Suyog Gupta

May 18, 2017, 10:21:33 PM5/18/17
to Android-x86
On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 3:09:45 PM UTC+5:30, מאור סטרולוביץ' wrote:
> Hello is the hdmi sound working in the latest veraions?

Hi,
Yes it worked for me.. I installed CM-x86 13.0 (https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fosshub.com%2FAndroid-x86.html%2Fcm-x86_64-13.0-r1.iso&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFn1LpfwXVvxy9iCGs5wvJL_cll6w)

I installed on MinnowBoard Max, and connected it to my TV.. HDMI Audio worked out of the box..!

HD video and audio quality is good... Did see some stutter with HD videos played via YouTube, but sound quality stayed good..!

Pls let me know, if you need more info..!
Suyog

מאור סטרולוביץ'

May 19, 2017, 4:57:58 PM5/19/17
to Android-x86
i have intel nuc will it work?

Chih-Wei Huang

May 20, 2017, 4:00:47 AM5/20/17
to Android-x86
> i have intel nuc will it work?

Why don't you test it and tell us the result?

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

מאור סטרולוביץ'

May 20, 2017, 3:41:05 PM5/20/17
to Android-x86
i got the latest android x86 and i run it on live mode doesn't get any sound :(

מאור סטרולוביץ'

May 20, 2017, 3:46:30 PM5/20/17
to Android-x86
i have intel nuc Nuc5cpyh thats the model

Suyog Gupta

May 21, 2017, 9:48:26 PM5/21/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Not sure, but Minnowboard is Intel atom baytrail, so I feel it will work...
If u want, I can send u hardware info of the board..
Suyog

On Saturday, May 20, 2017, מאור סטרולוביץ' <mst...@gmail.com> wrote:
i have intel nuc will it work?

youling 257

May 21, 2017, 11:22:29 PM5/21/17
to Android-x86
在 2017年5月22日星期一 UTC+8上午9:48:26,Suyog Gupta写道:
bay trail hdmi can work on 4.11 kernel Ubuntu,/proc/asound/bytcrrt5640 and /proc/asound/hdmi,i remember seem.
the Ubuntu use pluseaudio, on android-x86,we only can alsa_ctl restore .state files.

מאור סטרולוביץ'

May 23, 2017, 1:23:01 AM5/23/17
to Android-x86
is it the same board as the nuc?

or maybe i dont get hdmi audio cuz i ru nit from live and not installing can i be also?

Suyog Gupta

May 23, 2017, 9:52:09 PM5/23/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Not same as NUC... but NUC must be higher config then MinnowBoard... don't think running live v/s installing would have impact on sound... Android should be able to detect audio related hardware and route it via hdmi..

I did read on a forum, that on boards that have two sources to route audio out (on board sound and hdmi), you have to do some configuration, to tell which audio source should be picked..

if ur board/NUC has headphone jack, try connecting to it and see if you are getting sound there...

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 10:53 AM, מאור סטרולוביץ' <mst...@gmail.com> wrote:
is it the same board as the nuc?

or maybe i dont get hdmi audio cuz i ru nit from live and not installing can i be also?

מאור סטרולוביץ'

May 30, 2017, 6:17:00 AM5/30/17
to Android-x86
yes from the headphone jack i can get sound but i want it to work from the hdmi
how can i change it?

בתאריך יום שבת, 29 באפריל 2017 בשעה 12:39:45 UTC+3, מאת מאור סטרולוביץ':

Suyog Gupta

May 30, 2017, 12:22:07 PM5/30/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Enable developer options by clicking on build number 10 times..
Once in dev options, you will find some option like 'force audio to route through peripherals' (not sure of exact thing), try toggling it.. may be ur board is setup to prefer routing audio through onboard sound.. and not HDMI...

מאור סטרולוביץ'

Jun 6, 2017, 2:12:09 AM6/6/17
to Android-x86
do i need to restart the android for it to take effect
cuz i did what you said and nothing happed

בתאריך יום שבת, 29 באפריל 2017 בשעה 12:39:45 UTC+3, מאת מאור סטרולוביץ':
Hello is the hdmi sound working in the latest veraions?

Suyog Gupta

Jun 6, 2017, 10:01:52 PM6/6/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
not sure.. u can do reboot, so that all hardware settings get refreshed..