3G modem support

salim dhifaoui

Aug 23, 2016, 8:50:11 PM8/23/16
to Android-x86
Hi there
i think its not time to discuss this , but ITS TOO LATE ...
we use 3G modems to connect and we dont have wifi or ethernet
we keep watching projects like android x86 , remix and phoenix and we cant do any thing ... just watching

so i hope you guys understand what we feel and proceed in adding 3G dongles drivers so we can live the dream just like others .

have a nice developing .

salim dhifaoui

Aug 23, 2016, 8:50:23 PM8/23/16
to Android-x86

Povilas Staniulis

Aug 24, 2016, 6:35:26 AM8/24/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com
This is an FOSS project, not a commercial one. Adding RIL support is not
a priority right now. Not to mention, with many different modem vendors
and chipsets, it would be near impossible to create an universal driver.

The only RIL driver that was ever written for Android x86 was that for
Huawei modems, but it was removed due to lack of developers willing to
maintain it.

Also, why are you still using those USB sticks when mobile WiFi routers
are available ?