newer image for asus transformer t100?

Rinaldo Jonathan

May 11, 2015, 7:59:58 AM5/11/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I don't have enough resource to compile Android-x86 by myself. Anybody can help?

Povilas Staniulis

May 11, 2015, 8:04:19 AM5/11/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On 2015.05.11 14:59, Rinaldo Jonathan wrote:
I don't have enough resource to compile Android-x86 by myself. Anybody can help?
You can use my images:
http://raspis.ddscentral.org/pub/downloads/android-x86/

Rinaldo Jonathan

May 11, 2015, 11:04:09 AM5/11/15
to android-x86

Now, how can I install it?
I put it in my sdcard, it does not work.
Maybe because it is NTFS?

I need to learn how to use UEFI more ._.

Povilas Staniulis

May 11, 2015, 12:51:15 PM5/11/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On 2015.05.11 18:04, Rinaldo Jonathan wrote:

> Now, how can I install it?
> I put it in my sdcard, it does not work.
> Maybe because it is NTFS?
>
> I need to learn how to use UEFI more ._.

You can't boot directly from SD card.
Extract the build to a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive.

For now, there's no fully automated way to install my builds.
I may release builds with a new installer (which supports GPT) sometime
later.

Rinaldo Jonathan

May 11, 2015, 1:18:31 PM5/11/15
to android-x86

Well, I just seen some random videos on YouTube that some guy are running android-x86 with sdcard ....

This thing is great! bluetooth working, wifi working ... xperia launcher (LOL ... I have one on my zenfone 5 too :P) .... At least it is enough to play some games here :D

Not working so far : suspend, sensor (will look more).

Povilas Staniulis

May 11, 2015, 2:52:40 PM5/11/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On 2015.05.11 20:18, Rinaldo Jonathan wrote:

> Well, I just seen some random videos on YouTube that some guy are
> running android-x86 with sdcard ....

This is doable with T100 too, but requires a semi-manual installation.
And SD card likes to quit working from time to time...

> This thing is great! bluetooth working, wifi working ... xperia
> launcher (LOL ... I have one on my zenfone 5 too :P) .... At least it
> is enough to play some games here :D

Xperia launcher was a part of FrankenGapps package which I've used.
Don't know why they included it...

> Not working so far : suspend, sensor (will look more).

Sensors are working at the kernel level, Android integration is under
development.

I will need to take a look at suspend...

Rolandas Gedgaudas

May 11, 2015, 5:43:29 PM5/11/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
What could be a problem if trying to start android live my screen only goes blank after detecting android msg?

Povilas Staniulis

May 11, 2015, 10:20:54 PM5/11/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Are you using T100TA model ?

My images aren't compatible with T100TAM, TAL or TAF.

Wally

May 12, 2015, 4:16:32 AM5/12/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Are you using T100TA model ?

My images aren't compatible with T100TAM, TAL or TAF.

Hello, I have T200TAC and it seems you image works but without wifi. I mean that with adding b43 driver to configuration (or do you have it already included?) and small patch can also wifi work. Could you please add it as wll? Here is patch http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.wireless.general/132126/focus=132131
And here some info about it: http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/asus-transformer-book-t200-alternate-os-s-development/45670-linux-t200-3.html#post342078

Or I can try build it by myself but dont know which patches you are using actually.

Thanks

Rinaldo Jonathan

May 12, 2015, 4:40:49 AM5/12/15
to android-x86

Is there any guide to install it to my sdcard?

I really want android now :(

Wally

May 12, 2015, 6:01:39 AM5/12/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
My mistake - its not B43 driver, but BRCMSMAC and I see you have already included (probably T100 uses the same)

yixi liang

May 12, 2015, 12:30:54 PM5/12/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,I have tried every images on my asus m80ta (tablet)

I got a blackscreen when finished the grub2 loader.

M80ta has a similar hardware with t100ta.When i use the image that was post by cwhuang,i can successfully use it excpet the touchscreen ,sound and button

I really want to know why I got a blackscreen.thank you very much!

在 2015年5月12日星期二 UTC+8上午10:20:54,Povilas Staniulis写道:

Rinaldo Jonathan

May 12, 2015, 12:57:47 PM5/12/15
to android-x86

Sorry to disappoint you, but we are talking about "ASUS Transformer Book T100", specifically T100TA. He stated that these images wont work with other T100 outside of T100TA, now how can you expect it to work with your device?

Povilas Staniulis

May 12, 2015, 1:32:49 PM5/12/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Yes, even if device specs look similar, often the hardware inside is very different.

Chih-Wei Huang

May 13, 2015, 3:51:54 AM5/13/15
to Android-x86
> Hi,I have tried every images on my asus m80ta (tablet)
>
> I got a blackscreen when finished the grub2 loader.
>
> M80ta has a similar hardware with t100ta.When i use the image that was post
> by cwhuang,i can successfully use it excpet the touchscreen ,sound and
> button
>
> I really want to know why I got a blackscreen.thank you very much!

Which images have you tested exactly?
Please post which one has display ok and its kernel version,
and which one is not ok with kernel version.
There is probably a regression in the display driver.

yixi liang

May 13, 2015, 11:05:01 AM5/13/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Ok I'm really sorry for my bad English...

All the image that Povilas posted on http://raspis.ddscentral.org/pub/downloads/android-x86/(Apr 16 20 21 May 02)(only tried live cd)

It seems that the system was successfully loaded,because after a short time,the power button is usable.

btw,how to make a debug file?

在 2015年5月13日星期三 UTC+8下午3:51:54,Chih-Wei Huang写道:

yixi liang

May 13, 2015, 11:15:32 AM5/13/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
It seems that i can get the working graphic under mesa 930 &10.4.2

brw,this is the dsdt

在 2015年5月13日星期三 UTC+8下午3:51:54,Chih-Wei Huang写道:
dsdt.dat

Yixi Liang

May 13, 2015, 11:38:34 AM5/13/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

This one is ok.(without sound,touchscreen,button)

oh,one another thing,I can't get a working touchscreen since I tried the first image I found in this group

I only know the screen was provided by atmel.

Is it possible that this problem is caused by the fingertouch & pen touch mixing screen??

在 2015年5月13日星期三 UTC+8下午3:51:54,Chih-Wei Huang写道:

Yixi Liang

May 16, 2015, 11:58:25 AM5/16/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Well,I finally find that how to make a dmesg file......(even damage my sdcard because of my stupid mistake...)

here is the dmesg in debug mode,I can't do anything in normal mode with a blackscreen.

在 2015年5月13日星期三 UTC+8下午3Well:51:54,Chih-Wei Huang写道:
dmesg_kernel4.0_debugmode.txt

Karol Putra

Sep 1, 2015, 8:29:05 PM9/1/15
to Android-x86

Hi,

Have any of you testes Lollipop builds? I've seen a video on which sb uses Lollipop on T100 normally, but didn't give the courtesy of sharing the image...

Any info on Lollipop for T100TA?