missing red color mesa 11 ??? (android-rpi help)

Geek Till It Hertz

Jun 24, 2016, 12:28:40 AM6/24/16
to Android-x86
hi,
so we are having some issue with mesa on the raspberry pi android build wherein the colors all mixed up, Peter Yoon says it because the android's RGB do not match the mesa's RGB implementation.
Since, i don't know any other community that might be working on mesa with android, here i am. I have attached an image of the game "Angry Birds" so you have a bit of an idea of whats happening.
Any help would be appreciated.
thnx

Geek Till It Hertz

Jun 24, 2016, 12:29:27 AM6/24/16
to Android-x86
Message has been deleted

dgdn

Jun 24, 2016, 12:43:58 AM6/24/16
to Android-x86
I thought android-x86 used the open source mesa NOT open source mesa3d............

I've run angry birds on android-x86 marshmallow rc1 on 3 different machines and had no issues with
the colors.....!!!!

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 24, 2016, 12:55:27 AM6/24/16
to Android-x86
> I thought android-x86 used the open source mesa NOT mesa3d.....????

Basically speaking they are the same but
AOSP's version (9.0.3) is much older.
AOSP renamed it to mesa3d but we keep
to use the name mesa since 2009.
BTW, I checked peyo's version (11.1) is either
not AOSP's.

> On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 12:29:27 AM UTC-4, Geek Till It Hertz wrote:
>>
>> source: https://github.com/peyo-hd/external_mesa3d

I have seen red and blue exchanged issue
but not seen only red disappears.

I have no concrete idea but only suggest
to try Android-x86's mesa porting branch
(marshmallow-x86 which based on 11.2 or even
the newer experimental mesa-12.0 branch),
or try apply the patch (if you haven't)

https://sourceforge.net/p/android-x86/frameworks_native/ci/ea788ff0c6ca445fc8e7f634cd19ec9bca738830/

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Geek Till It Hertz

Jun 24, 2016, 5:40:02 AM6/24/16
to Android-x86
AWESOME!!!!!
That works ....!!!
thnx

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 24, 2016, 8:01:20 AM6/24/16
to Android-x86
> AWESOME!!!!!
> That works ....!!!

What method works?

Geek Till It Hertz

Jun 24, 2016, 8:36:35 AM6/24/16
to Android-x86
The patch link.

har...@gierkes.de

Aug 7, 2016, 11:09:33 PM8/7/16
to Android-x86
I do have the same issue - blue and red are exchanged. I'm using 6.0 rc1 on VMware Player having the same issue on two different host systems. I don't have the development environment. Is there any way to patch that binary? Or is there a ISO image containing that patch already? By the way: Thanks a lot for your excellent work as well as all your effort. And also thanks for your help!

har...@gierkes.de

Aug 9, 2016, 11:21:46 PM8/9/16
to Android-x86
Now I've been setting up the development environment - working fine (beside that it seems that the AppStore is missing).
I've checked the source mentioned in the patch and it is already changed as mentioned there but I still have the issue!

The colors blue and red are exchanged!
Does anyone do have any idea what may be the problem / solution???
Any suggestion welcome!

Thanks a lot and kind regards, Hardy

har...@gierkes.de

Aug 15, 2016, 9:05:24 AM8/15/16
to Android-x86
Hi again,

after I've now managed to set up the development environment, installing GAPPS (after solving the permission issues) everything is up and running.
I'd now like to solve that issue I have which is that the colors red and blue are exchanged.

Would anybody be so kind telling me what the issue can be and if there is already a know solution or a work around I can use?
Huang was writing above to try  a newer mesa (11.2 or 12.0).
I'm not 100% sure which one is already incorporated in Android-X86 RC1 and also not how to get another (new) release to integrate it.

Thanks for your help!

har...@gierkes.de

Aug 15, 2016, 9:05:24 AM8/15/16
to Android-x86
BTW: The patch mentioned above  by Huang (eglApi.cpp) I've already incorporated - but with no effect!

har...@gierkes.de

Aug 15, 2016, 12:41:04 PM8/15/16
to Android-x86
I've just checked (just to get sure): The issue is the same for me using the latest RemixOS in VMware Player (v12)...

har...@gierkes.de

Aug 16, 2016, 9:43:02 PM8/16/16
to Android-x86
Android-X86 6.0 RC2 was released today! Thanks a lot!!!

I tried it right away to find out if my issue is solved with it (colors red and blue are switched on the whole device)  but unfortunately it's not :-(
(I'm running it on VMware Player 12 hosted on two different Core i7 machines (Win 7 Pro and Win 10 Pro) having Intel graphics adapter).

Does anyone else is having that issue?