KODI not working anymore on MultiBoot PC

Krister Hallergard

Jun 3, 2017, 4:39:06 AM6/3/17
to Android-x86
Comparison of apps with Android-x86-6.0-r3, RemixOS-3.0.207 and PhoenixOS-2.0.6 on the same PC:  https://goo.gl/umA35f  Unfortunately cannot get KODI ver.17.3 to work anymore on Android-x86-6.0-r3

Krister Hallergard

Jun 10, 2017, 2:55:59 AM6/10/17
to Android-x86
Am afraid that KODI does not work on Android-x86-7.1-rc1 either https://goo.gl/21QMP0

Mauro Rossi

Jun 10, 2017, 3:54:40 PM6/10/17
to Android-x86

Il giorno sabato 10 giugno 2017 08:55:59 UTC+2, Krister Hallergard ha scritto:
Am afraid that KODI does not work on Android-x86-7.1-rc1 either https://goo.gl/21QMP0

Hi,

Kodi 17.3 installed and playing .mp4 on Asus H61M-K with Celeron G1610

what is your  HW?
Mauro

Krister Hallergard

Jun 11, 2017, 1:45:04 AM6/11/17
to Android-x86
Thanks Mauro. Gigabyte 970A-DS3P (AMD 970), AMD FX 4300, RAM 16GB, GeForce GT210 1GB

Povilas Staniulis

Jun 11, 2017, 4:45:33 PM6/11/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Kodi works fine for me (7.1, kernel 4.12-rc3). It was flaky a bit on
first run (I guess due to mesa), but I was able to play videos just fine.

On 2017.06.10 09:55, Krister Hallergard wrote:
> Am afraid that KODI does not work on Android-x86-7.1-rc1
> either https://goo.gl/21QMP0

Mauro Rossi

Jun 11, 2017, 5:34:00 PM6/11/17
to Android-x86
I checked nougat_x86 32bit on Core2 Duo + Nvidia G210 (NVA8)

Kodi is working, maybe AMD FX does not support all SIMD instructions for x86_64 iso/Kodi or its libraries

At each Android version clang compiler prebuilds have increased hidden instructions options, that go beyond the HAVE_SSSE3 and other definitions
the x86 iso is worth a try as it is less demanding

Mauro
Screenshot_20170611-210426.png
Screenshot_20170611-210951.png
Screenshot_20170611-211226.png

Krister Hallergard

Jun 12, 2017, 6:23:02 AM6/12/17
to Android-x86
KODI did work for me on Android-x86-6.0-r1, not sure what version of KODI though

Chih-Wei Huang

Jun 13, 2017, 1:20:38 AM6/13/17
to Android-x86
> KODI did work for me on Android-x86-6.0-r1, not sure what version of KODI
> though

Seems KODI only provides arm(64) version.

Remember to enable the nativebridge support.
(Settings -> Apps Compatibility)

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Krister Hallergard

Jun 14, 2017, 9:04:21 AM6/14/17
to Android-x86
Yes,enabling the native bridge support solved my KODI problem, and also AllPlayer, Thanks!

Povilas Staniulis

Jun 14, 2017, 12:23:14 PM6/14/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You should download a native x86 version from kodi.tv instead.
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/x86/kodi-17.3-Krypton-x86.apk
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Krister Hallergard

Jun 15, 2017, 4:04:16 AM6/15/17
to Android-x86
Yes, very good idea!  Did that, and it works fine, actually better as mp4 videos now run smoother, thanks

Krister Hallergard

Jun 21, 2017, 6:39:14 AM6/21/17
to Android-x86
Have to try to remember not to update KODI from the Play Store!