android x86 on Asus T102HA

Luciano Pasquali

Apr 23, 2017, 11:06:22 AM4/23/17
to Android-x86
Hi all,
I'm tryng to install Android x86 (tryed all versions with same results) on my Asus transformer mini T102HA but when the pc reboot after installation only windows starts. No GRUB menu appears.

If I starts Android X86 in live mode from usb pendrive it starts, but I can't save any data.

Any suggestions?

Thanx in advance

Luciano

mike ross

Apr 23, 2017, 1:14:48 PM4/23/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Manual grub Install is your best bet.

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

Povilas Staniulis

Apr 23, 2017, 1:45:41 PM4/23/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Check if there's a new boot entry in the BIOS (I assume EFI).

mike ross

Apr 23, 2017, 2:19:22 PM4/23/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
He said grub.. I went with it lol..

Mike

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

Luciano Pasquali

Apr 24, 2017, 4:00:02 PM4/24/17
to Android-x86
Sorry,
I forgot to specify that the bios is EFI.
In the  boot options there is an entry called ANDROID IA but it doesn't work.

Jon West

Apr 26, 2017, 9:16:24 AM4/26/17
to Android-x86
One tool I find useful with UEFI setups is EasyUEFI (http://www.easyuefi.com/) It allows you to select which UEFI boot entry your machine uses by default. My guess is that there's a hard to get to BIOS menu that will let you select, but it's... hard to get to...

Luciano Pasquali

Apr 26, 2017, 10:20:28 AM4/26/17
to Android-x86
Thanks for your answer, however, finally I solved by using the new R3 release that works in both ways live and installed.

Now should be fixed the problem of missing audio and rotating the screen, then it's almost perfect :-)

Thanx