mouse cursor

Dominic

May 18, 2010, 5:56:35 PM5/18/10
to Android-x86
What was done to get a cursor to show up? I ask because after getting
hidd installed on my droid for bluetooth keyboard support I decided to
try a mouse, but there is no cursor. I am hoping to perhaps use some
tricks you guys used to get that working on my device.

Chih-Wei Huang

May 20, 2010, 2:15:09 AM5/20/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Your droid? Moto Droid?

No, original Android system doesn't have mouse support.
We, the Android-x86 project, added it to our source tree.
If you want to add it to your mobile phone,
you have to add our mouse patch and rebuild
the whole system image yourself.

However, I'm interesting in your experience
of bluetooth keyboard support.
Could you share it?

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Dominic

May 20, 2010, 10:25:29 AM5/20/10
to Android-x86
Yes I have a Moto Droid. To get the keyboard working I copied the
hidd, hcitool, and hci config from the android dev phone build(quick
google search shows them available here: http://code.google.com/p/androidobex/downloads/list)
into the /system/xbin directory and was able to pair from UI and
attach from hcitool and hidd. Android just picked it up as a physical
keyboard from there. After doing the same process for the mouse I was
able to use it to move focus on buttons on the screen as if moving
around on the d-pad. Clicking even selects things. As I'm only just
getting used to android and its file layout, where in the tree would
be the mouse patch?

On May 20, 2:15 am, Chih-Wei Huang <cwhu...@android-x86.org> wrote:
> Your droid? Moto Droid?
>
> No, original Android system doesn't have mouse support.
> We, the Android-x86 project, added it to our source tree.
> If you want to add it to your mobile phone,
> you have to add our mouse patch and rebuild
> the whole system image yourself.
>
> However, I'm interesting in your experience
> of bluetooth keyboard support.
> Could you share it?

Chih-Wei Huang

May 20, 2010, 9:31:12 PM5/20/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
2010/5/20 Dominic <marsm...@gmail.com>:
> where in the tree would be the mouse patch?

Check the frameworks/base dir.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Nate Taylor

May 20, 2010, 9:33:21 PM5/20/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Is that where all the patches would be?

Sent from my iPod

On May 20, 2010, at 9:31 PM, Chih-Wei Huang <cwh...@android-x86.org>

Yi Sun

May 24, 2010, 7:25:08 PM5/24/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Yes, and most of changes are in eventhub, and windowmanager and
inputkeyqueue (I may remmeber this class name incorrectly)
Yi