My install on Asus EEEpc 1000HD

Marjon Smokey

Jun 26, 2016, 8:42:17 PM6/26/16
to Android-x86
Hi Folks!

I've managed to install Android x86 4.0 RC2 on my old EEEpc. At the moment it has only 1GB of RAM, I've ordered a 2GB MEM bank.

Every thing this little pc has onboard, seems to work fine.

Obvious skype doesn't work. But that seems no surprice I guess.

One question, or actually two:

The first: how do I get the Houdini lib working?

And second: I've tried several later versions: 4.4, 5.1, and 6.0, but they don't want to boot. Is there a way to get Android x86 6.0 working?

See ya!

Mike

Jun 26, 2016, 10:03:06 PM6/26/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com
If memory serves those builds should download on install with Internet
connection, and if not there's a script you can run in terminal to start
the download. Search the groups it's over a year old...

Mike

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

Marjon Smokey

Jun 29, 2016, 8:20:08 PM6/29/16
to Android-x86
Hi Mike,

thank you for your answer, but I'm not sure if I'm understand correctly.

What download do you mean, and what should I search for? I don't understand.....

Mike

Jun 29, 2016, 11:07:36 PM6/29/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Way back on the 4.x builds libhoudini wasn't included in the builds, I assume for legal reasons, so upon booting into Android if you had an internet connection it would automatically download and install it.  Some folks were having issues with it not downloading, so there was a script that could be run in Android terminal to force the DL and install... I don't remember the command CW probably does...