OpenGapps Integration Issues

S B

Jun 18, 2017, 2:20:09 AM6/18/17
to Android-x86
Hello All,

Earlier this month, I was making an error in building Android-x86. I had a problem and had that fixed. Now, I'm trying to use the OpenGapps integration script. It is able to decompress the zip file but when it says it's extracting the actual gapps, it gives a strange error with tar.

I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong but here is what I do to integrate gapps:

1. Compile Android-x86 without opengapps
2. Download the opengapps package with the matching architecture and operating system version
3. Download the integration script
4. Create the folder "gapps" in the root folder of my working directory
5. Move the integration script and opengapps zip file into the "gapps" folder
6. Make the script executable
8. Re-run lunch with the same target I used previously (android-x86_64-userdebug)
9. Change into the "gapps" folder again
10. Run the script
11. Rebuild Android-x86 into iso_img.

I don't know if this helps or not but I'm trying to use the "tvstock" opengapps package. Below is the output of me trying to add opengapps.

cd ~/
cd android712tv
. build/envsetup.sh
lunch
"8"
cd gapps
./integrate.sh
<Integration Script Begins Here>
1. cleaning up...
2. unpacking gapps archive...
Archive:  open_gapps-x86_64-7.1-tvstock-20170611.zip
signed by SignApk
 extracting: tmp/Core/bugreport-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/Core/configupdater-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/Core/extservicesgoogle-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/Core/extsharedgoogle-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/Core/googlebackuptransport-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/Core/googlecontactssync-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/Core/gsfcore-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/Core/notouch-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/Core/setupwraith-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/Core/tvetc-common.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/Core/tvframework-common.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/Core/tvgmscore-x86.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/Core/tvvending-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/backdrop-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/castreceiver-x86.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/gamepadpairing-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/globalkey-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/livechannels-x86.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/overscan-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/packageinstallergoogle-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/remotecontrol-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/secondscreenauthbridge-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/secondscreensetup-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/talkback-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/tvcustomization-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/tvkeyboardgoogle-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/tvlauncher-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/tvmovies-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/tvmusic-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/tvpackageinstallergoogle-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/tvpairing-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/tvplaygames-x86.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/tvrecommendations-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/tvremote-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/tvsearch-x86.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/tvwallpaper-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/tvwidget-all.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/tvyoutube-x86.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/GApps/webviewgoogle-x86_64.tar.lz
 extracting: tmp/LICENSE
 extracting: tmp/META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary
 extracting: tmp/META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script
 extracting: tmp/app_densities.txt
 extracting: tmp/app_sizes.txt
 extracting: tmp/bkup_tail.sh
 extracting: tmp/busybox-x86
 extracting: tmp/g.prop
 extracting: tmp/gapps-remove.txt
 extracting: tmp/installer.sh
 extracting: tmp/tar-x86
 extracting: tmp/unzip-x86
 extracting: tmp/zip-x86
  inflating: tmp/META-INF/com/android/otacert
  inflating: tmp/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
  inflating: tmp/META-INF/CERT.SF
  inflating: tmp/META-INF/CERT.RSA
3. unpacking individual component archives...
tar: option requires an argument -- 'f'
Try 'tar --help' or 'tar --usage' for more information.
4. setting file permissions to 644...
5. putting folder structure together...
6. copying files into out/target/product/x86_64/system...
7. removing system.img and system.sfs to force their rebuild
8. operations complete, please rebuild android
<Integration Scripts Ends Here>

I then rebuild Android-x86 with "make -j8 iso_img" and all it does is remake system.img and system.sfs then make android-x86_64.iso.

I booted the iso file on my computer and there were no opengapps and the AOSP Camera app appeared but said it wasn't installed.
<Specs Begin Here>
Intel Desktop Board DX58SO
Intel Core i7-920 @ 2.67 GHz
12 GB DDR3 RAM ??? MHz
nVidia Geforce GTX 970
Integrated Sound
Integrated Ethernet
Generic USB 3.0 xHCI PCI Express Card
<End Of Specs>

I also tried my laptop (ASUS Q550LF)
<Specs Begin Here>
Intel Core i7-4500u
8 GB DDR3 RAM ??? MHz
Intel HD Graphics 4400
nVidia Geforce GT 745m Discrete Graphics
Integrated Sound
Integrated Ethernet
Integrated Display
<End Of Specs>

Please Help Me,
-Sam

Henri Koivuneva

Jun 18, 2017, 5:58:30 AM6/18/17
to Android-x86
Why don't you integrate them in the build process normally? This way I have had no issues: https://github.com/opengapps/aosp_build

S B

Jun 18, 2017, 10:21:16 PM6/18/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
This method should work with Android-x86 right?

Henri Koivuneva

Jun 19, 2017, 6:10:22 AM6/19/17
to Android-x86
It works perfectly for me :) add the repos to manifest, set the stuff you want in device config, then sync source again and build. The instructions are well done and by following them you should have gapps integrated right in your build!

Pixel launcher (I prefer Nova Prime though), Google Now etc all have worked without issues too. I've been thinking of making a Pixel C like build for my Surface Pro 3 since the Pixel C isn't available here, but gotta find the time for it... it would be fun though.

Good luck!

Povilas Staniulis

Jun 19, 2017, 9:00:40 AM6/19/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
https://github.com/opengapps/aosp_build

S B

Jun 19, 2017, 10:00:11 PM6/19/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I would like to thank everyone who has assisted me with this problem I'm having. I like the idea of putting a pixel c style build on a surface 3 pro. If you need any assistance with that, I've got a pixel c that you can pull a few things out of (I won't ship it but I copy files and send it). Getting off topic. Thanks for all the help. I'll try it out today.