Qt Sensors

Joshua Grauman

Nov 16, 2014, 7:42:56 PM11/16/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I would like to start using some of Qt's sensor classes for an app for my Android phone. Looking at the documentation I see what looks like a lot of duplicate classes, without much info on the differences between them. So for example I see the following sensor classes
QAccelerometer, QGyroscope, QMagnetometer. But I also see QCompass, QOrientationSensor, QRotationSensor, QTiltSensor. If I had to guess, I would say the first three had the raw sensor data from the Accelerometer, Gyro, and Magnetometer, and that the latter four classes were doing sensor fusion on those sensors to calculate rotation, tilt, orientation, and compass heading. Is that correct? Can anyone provide more information on which sensors classes to use for what? Thanks!

Josh