My "release" build is "debuggable" according to google play... what gives?

Kyle Gregory

Oct 20, 2017, 2:49:33 PM10/20/17
to android-qt
I built an app using QT quick2 and it works satisfactorily on my phone. I set it to build in release mode and built an APK to upload to google play. According to google play, however, it is 'debuggable' and as a result, google will not allow me to upload it.

Has anyone else had this problem or know what may cause it?

Zoltán Lutor

Oct 21, 2017, 2:50:14 AM10/21/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Do you use QtCreator?
Have you built 'release' build?
Have you 'signed' it with your own key during the build process?

Br,

Zoltan

Kyle Gregory

Oct 24, 2017, 12:11:08 AM10/24/17
to android-qt
Thanks for the reply. Someone on the QT forums pointed me to the guide on publishing to the play store. After I followed that the build the manifest and sign the app, it worked!