QT & text-to-speech

Zoltán Lutor

Jul 15, 2015, 6:52:52 AM7/15/15
to android-qt
Hi,

My father had a stroke some time ago and so now he has challenges with speaking... :-(

I decided  implementing him some app with Qt that helps him with text-to-speech conversions. Could anybody give me some hint what solutions are available for Qt?

Offline text-to-speech solution would be the best due to having him limited access to online services...

Br,

Zoltan

Samuel Gaist

Jul 16, 2015, 1:34:24 PM7/16/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry for your father, I hope he's going to recover.

The QtSpeech module might be something that could be of interest

You can find some information there: http://wiki.qt.io/QtSpeech

Hope it helps

Juan Manuel Sáez

Jul 16, 2015, 3:41:03 PM7/16/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Hello Zoltan:
I haven't tested QtSpeech because I've solved this on Java, using the android native TextToSpeech trough JNI. If you have no lucky with QtSpeech (that must be the best way) I can share with you my code.
Bests