libgnustl_shared from the Qt repository and exceptions

Matthias Kuhn

Dec 2, 2014, 10:44:00 AM12/2/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

A library on which our applicaiton depends uses exceptions. Compiling and linking works fine.

As soon as the application is started, it downloads libgnustl_shared from the Qt repository and crashes with

dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "_ZSt24__throw_out_of_range_fmtPKcz"

If libgnustl_shared is manually overwritten on the device with the one from the android ndk, the application runs fine.

I tried to put libgnustl_shared.so in bundled_libs to provide one inside the apk. It seems however, that the one from the Qt repository has precedence. Is there a possibility to override libs from the Qt repository?

Matthias Kuhn

Dec 4, 2014, 10:30:03 AM12/4/14
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I found that the problem does not appear when using the gcc 4.8 toolchain it works. The problem only appears with the gcc 4.9 toolchain.
It would be nice if the gnustl_shared library in the repository could be updated to be compatible.

Thank you very much,
Matthias