Eclair build bootup issue on Beagle board.

閲覧: 66 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Karthik P

未読、
2009/12/22 0:42:072009/12/22
To: android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We are facing a bootup issue on Beagle board, I could see the logs as shown below.

I/SystemServer( 829): System Content Providers

I/ActivityThread( 829): Publishing provider settings: com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider

I/SystemServer( 829): Battery Service

W/dalvikvm( 829): No implementation found for native Lcom/android/server/BatteryService;.native_update ()V

W/dalvikvm( 829): threadid=15: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001b170)

E/AndroidRuntime( 829): Uncaught handler: thread android.server.ServerThread exiting due to uncaught exception

E/AndroidRuntime( 829): *** EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS. System will crash.

E/AndroidRuntime( 829): java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: native_update

E/AndroidRuntime( 829): at com.android.server.BatteryService.native_update(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime( 829): at com.android.server.BatteryService.update(BatteryService.java:200)

E/AndroidRuntime( 829): at com.android.server.BatteryService.<init>(BatteryService.java:138)

E/AndroidRuntime( 829): at com.android.server.ServerThread.run(SystemServer.java:140)

E/AndroidRuntime( 829): Crash logging skipped, no checkin service

I/Process ( 829): Sending signal. PID: 829 SIG: 9

Any pointers to skip this to bring up the board quickly will be of great help.

Karthik

Karthik P

未読、
2009/12/23 0:23:312009/12/23
To: android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is kind of critical for us, any thought or light on this?

Karthik

amarnath

未読、
2009/12/23 2:27:242009/12/23
To: kart...@gmail.com、labs-e...@googlegroups.com、android...@googlegroups.com
Karthik,

Apply the following patch in frameworks/base folder and recompile the
android build.

http://labs.embinux.org/git/cgit.cgi/android-omap3/repo/android/platform/frameworks/base/commit/?h=beagle-eclair

Thanks & Regards,
Amarnath Alamuri

> --

Thanks & Regards,
Amarnath Alamuri
Associate Embedded Software Engineer,
Embedded and Wireless Services (EMBINUX group),
SQLStar International Limited(/Inc.).
Phone: +91 40 2310 1600
email address : amarnath...@embinux.com,amarn...@sqlstar.com

Karthik P

未読、
2010/01/05 8:12:382010/01/05
To: amarnath、labs-e...@googlegroups.com、android...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amarnath,

This dint work out for us, as a temporary arrangement we tried to replace the batteryservice file from 1.6 and it is booting up now. Do you have any alternative for this?

Karthik

Michael Trimarchi

未読、
2010/01/05 8:18:512010/01/05
To: android...@googlegroups.com、amarnath、labs-e...@googlegroups.com
Hi

http://gitorious.org/flow-g1-5/platform_frameworks_base/commit/4bc6cd6aecc7330cdcadf2d5168bb3dfa08b6732

Michael

Karthik P wrote:
> Hi Amarnath,
>
> This dint work out for us, as a temporary arrangement we tried to
> replace the batteryservice file from 1.6 and it is booting up now. Do
> you have any alternative for this?
>
> Karthik
>
> On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 12:57 PM, amarnath

> <amarnath...@embinux.com <mailto:amarnath...@embinux.com>>

> wrote:
>
> Karthik,
>
> Apply the following patch in frameworks/base folder and recompile the
> android build.
>
> http://labs.embinux.org/git/cgit.cgi/android-omap3/repo/android/platform/frameworks/base/commit/?h=beagle-eclair
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Amarnath Alamuri
>

> Karthik P wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is kind of critical for us, any thought or light on this?
> >
> > Karthik
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Karthik P <kart...@gmail.com
> <mailto:kart...@gmail.com>

> <mailto:android-porting%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

> > website: http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting
>

> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> Amarnath Alamuri
> Associate Embedded Software Engineer,
> Embedded and Wireless Services (EMBINUX group),
> SQLStar International Limited(/Inc.).
> Phone: +91 40 2310 1600
> email address : amarnath...@embinux.com

> <mailto:amarnath...@embinux.com>,amarn...@sqlstar.com
> <mailto:amarn...@sqlstar.com>

mesv

未読、
2010/02/03 10:34:312010/02/03
To: android-porting
Hi Karthik

The problem are not the Java or JNI files, the problem is in the
kernel.

I guess you also have an error like this, right before the crash log
you posted:

E/BatteryService( 1737): Could not open /sys/class/power_supply

You have to add a generic power management driver in your kernel or
otherwise the system class will not be found.

In the JNI file, the first thing before registering the native calls
is a check for the /sys/class/power_supply path. If it doesn't exist,
this function returns without registering any native functions. This
check was added with 2.0 thats why your 1.6 file worked just fine.

(I had the same problem, worked for me)

Sven

全員に返信
投稿者に返信