Android 5.1.x boot.img problem

Tenchi Masaki

Jun 11, 2015, 10:36:24 AM6/11/15
to android...@googlegroups.com
I am having booting issues with Android 5.1.x which did not occur with Android 5.0.x.  The problem seems to be the init binary as when I replace it with 5.0.x binary it boots okay.  I would like to find out what is causing it, so I can get ready for Android M builds.  I tried even replacing all the source from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1 build for init and it still doesn't boot, I am thinking it could be compiler flag issue possibly?  I am building on tegra 2 platform.

If anybody has any ideas or has encountered this issue please post a reply.

Thanks!

Tenchi Masaki

Jun 12, 2015, 2:11:21 PM6/12/15
to android...@googlegroups.com
I checked the compiler flags and all the build script differences and couldn't find any issues to account for boot problems.  It doesn't seem to make any sense to me.