OMAP CAMERA HAL for android on beagle.

Harishkumar V

Mar 26, 2009, 2:41:40 AM3/26/09
to android...@googlegroups.com, beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have android running on beagle (2.6.27) took from git tree from android porting to beagle wikipage.

Now, i have usb camera connected to beagle board. its been detected by driver.

v4l-info confirms the lower interface.

i want to use webcam with android.

So, i went android-src/frameworks/base/camera/libcameraservice,

Here, we can replace normal check pattern by camera hal driver (libcamera.so).

Where to get this camera hal for omap.

so that libcamera service uses this camera library instead of fake camera.

Is  it available. is android supports webcam and v4l2 driver interface.

Any links regarding this.

Regards,
HarishKumar.V

steve2641

Mar 26, 2009, 11:05:51 AM3/26/09
to android-porting
HarishKumar,

I'm not aware of a public implementation that connects the Camera
interface to a V4L device, but it seems a very do-able task. I would
suggest getting familar with the Camera HAL interface and V4L and
creating such a library. You might make some friends if you make it a
public implementation :).

Steve.

Harishkumar V

Mar 28, 2009, 8:40:23 AM3/28/09
to android...@googlegroups.com
Steve,

Thanks ....
I am studying about that and started working on that ....
Definetely ......

Regards,
HarishKumar.V

sainath naidu

Jul 3, 2014, 7:55:54 AM7/3/14
to android...@googlegroups.com, harish...@gmail.com

Hi harishKumar,

I have same problem with the USB camera by which I am not able to capture the image. Since its been a long time can u plz tell me how did u solved this problem.
I am using the 4430 based board.

Regards,
Sainath

ankit busha

Feb 27, 2015, 7:06:07 AM2/27/15
to android...@googlegroups.com, beagl...@googlegroups.com, harish...@gmail.com
hello all,
i need to understand CameraHAL from scrach. I know about complete v4l2 api specifications. So can u guide me from where i should start and what and all are resources to get started?

Amit Pundir

Feb 27, 2015, 5:21:13 PM2/27/15
to ankit...@gmail.com, android-porting, beagl...@googlegroups.com, harish...@gmail.com
On 27 February 2015 at 17:27, ankit busha <ankit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello all,
> i need to understand CameraHAL from scrach. I know about complete v4l2 api
> specifications. So can u guide me from where i should start and what and all
> are resources to get started?

This is quiet an old wiki page
http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/TI-Android-DevKit-Camera_Porting_Guide
but it should be able to get you started.

Regards,
Amit Pundir

> On Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 12:11:40 PM UTC+5:30, Harishkumar V wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have android running on beagle (2.6.27) took from git tree from android
>> porting to beagle wikipage.
>>
>> Now, i have usb camera connected to beagle board. its been detected by
>> driver.
>>
>> v4l-info confirms the lower interface.
>>
>> i want to use webcam with android.
>>
>> So, i went android-src/frameworks/base/camera/libcameraservice,
>>
>> Here, we can replace normal check pattern by camera hal driver
>> (libcamera.so).
>>
>> Where to get this camera hal for omap.
>>
>> so that libcamera service uses this camera library instead of fake camera.
>>
>> Is it available. is android supports webcam and v4l2 driver interface.
>>
>> Any links regarding this.
>>
>> Regards,
>> HarishKumar.V
>
> --

s.rawat

Feb 28, 2015, 8:46:56 AM2/28/15
to amit....@linaro.org, ankit...@gmail.com, Harishkumar V, beagl...@googlegroups.com, android-porting

If you are well aware with v4l api you can make an application of your own usind ndj.we did the similar task of interfacing uvc camera to camera less tablet and then with acer tablet.you need to first create a v4l based command line app to capture snapshot or streamed data which you can transfer to canvas api of android via jni interface.you don't need to go through usual camera path to transfer your data from hardware to Android gui.

ankit busha

Mar 1, 2015, 3:09:15 PM3/1/15
to s.rawat, amit....@linaro.org, Harishkumar V, beagl...@googlegroups.com, android-porting
thank you all