How to create host executable for android app_process?

Salman Ahmed

Sep 23, 2014, 1:48:27 AM9/23/14
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I built AOSP android source with target aosp_x86-eng. Build was successful and it generated app_process, but when I ran file command it showed-

    app_process: ELF 32-bit LSB  shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

Since its not executable when I try to run it inside my x86 emulator, it gives the error-

    sh: ./app_process: No such file or directory

From the same build I can run the dalvikvm binary inside the emulator. Running file command on dalvikvm showed-

    dalvikvm: ELF 32-bit LSB  executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.8, not stripped

So how can I generate executable for app_process so that I can execute it?

I pulled the app_process from inside running emulator-x86 and file command shows that is also a shared object, but inside emulator it executes fine. So how does android runtime executes app_process even though its a shared object?

Thanks
-Salman Ahmed