Touch Screen problem in Blaze

Mamatha K

Apr 24, 2012, 1:09:01 AM4/24/12
to android-porting, tejesw...@gmail.com

Dear All,
I am new to android and working on Touch screen porting on
blaze board.
The problem I am facing is,
When the kernel is up the touch screen event can be seen, but
as soon as android is booted, the touch event are not seen.

Then I analyzed and got to know that the android is disabling the
touch screen module.
So what I did is, once the android boots, I again insmod the touch
screen module and I can see that it is working.

So I want to know what is happening when the android boots up and how
this problem can be rectified through android?

Kindly help.

Thanks and Regards,
Mamatha K

Ronnyek

Apr 24, 2012, 12:51:35 PM4/24/12
to android...@googlegroups.com, tejesw...@gmail.com
Depends on how you intend on using your hardware...

If this touchscreen is always going to be present with your version of android, you might consider just building into the kernel.

If you just want to support touch screen, but want to leave it as a module... you can fire insmod from init.rc (but as far as I understand not directly). Heres a thread with people that have had success doing this:

Luccio

Apr 25, 2012, 10:51:16 AM4/25/12
to android...@googlegroups.com, tejesw...@gmail.com
Hi,
you have to enable the touchscreen from the  _deconfig file which you find in /arch/arm/configs.
is your device a usb touchscreen ?

Best Regards.

zoli_k

Apr 28, 2012, 4:41:07 AM4/28/12
to android...@googlegroups.com, tejesw...@gmail.com
You may need to provide an input configuration file for your device:

Logcat/dumpsys should provide some debug information about the touch
device/detection failure.