Videos with HD, 1080P or 720P resolution have jitter(audio/video jerking) or choppy playback

fofi...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2018, 3:42:37 PM4/8/18
to android-porting
Hello All,

We have come up with a new device that has following configuration :

RK3368
Octa-core Cortex-A53 up to 1.5GHz
PowerVR G6110 GPU
DDR3/DDR3L/LPDDR2/LPDDR3
4K UHD H265/H264
BT.2020/BT.709
H264 encoder
TS in/CSA 2.0
USB 2.0
HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2
MIPI/eDP/LVDS/RGMII
TrustZone/TEE/DRM
SPECIFICATIONS
Process • 28nm
CPU • Octa-Core 64bit Cortex-A53,up to 1.5GHz
GPU
• PowerVR G6110 GPU
• Support OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0/3.1, OpenCL, DirectX9.3
• High performance dedicated 2D processor
Multi-Media
• 4K VP9/H265/H264 video decoders, up to 60fps
• 1080P other video decoders (VC-1, MPEG-1/2/4, VP8)
• 1080P video encoder for H.264 and VP8
Display

We have installed AOSP(marshmallow 6.* version) os on this machine and everything seems to run fine except for HD videos, 1080p,720P videos. The videos play but with slight jitter. One way describing the problem would be that we see choppy videos. The sound also has jitter issues. Audio/video jerks happen at the same time and at regular intervals.

Inputs :

1. We have enabled the DRM(Widevine)
2. We dont see this issue to be found while playing a 720p streaming video after enabling hardware accelaration in the vlc settings.

We have been trying to resolve this issues from past 1 month and couldnt find the root cause. Thanks in advance