Specifying size of system partition when building

Arvind S

Jan 23, 2016, 12:42:41 AM1/23/16
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,
I am building Android 4.2(because I need to test something that works only with that version) and trying to specify a custom size for the system partition. I added the following lines to build/target/board/generic/BoardConfig.mk.

TARGET_USERIMAGES_USE_EXT4 := true
BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 685768704
BOARD_USERDATAIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 14539537408
BOARD_FLASH_BLOCK_SIZE := 4096

and building the lunch target "full-eng" but the system.img file generated is ~200MB in size. Thus, when I boot up the resulting image in an emulator, there is no free space in /system. How can I specify a custom/larger size of system partition so that there is some free space in that partition?