Does LP5.1 Support Multi-client Recording?

liu.y...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2015, 8:44:26 PM6/4/15
to android...@googlegroups.com
I have a question about multi-client recording.

In my opinion, multi-client recording means one input stream (eg. from microphone), one record thread, with multiple record track for different client. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong. :)

I've noticed that there is related code in audioflinger/recordthread to support multi-client recording, but it seems that when client new a AudioRecord, AudioPolicyManger will always open a new input stream. Please guide me how to use it.

Thanks very much and looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards
Yanan

Glenn Kasten

Jun 4, 2015, 8:50:47 PM6/4/15
to android...@googlegroups.com, liu.y...@gmail.com
No, there are bits of code, but it is incomplete and doesn't work.

liu.y...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2015, 11:50:29 PM6/4/15
to android...@googlegroups.com, liu.y...@gmail.com
Thanks for your quick response.
For multi-client recording, is there any plan to support in future android release? Will it be ready in android M?

Best Regards
Yanan

在 2015年6月5日星期五 UTC+8上午8:50:47,Glenn Kasten写道:

Glenn Kasten

Jun 5, 2015, 10:46:35 AM6/5/15
to android...@googlegroups.com, liu.y...@gmail.com
Sorry, I can't share any future plans or schedules.