Problem with setting system time automatically with the use of an external RTC

Sanket Nainani

Dec 19, 2015, 3:37:55 PM12/19/15
to android-porting
I am running android 4.4.2 on a BeagleBone Black.

I have used a DS1307 RTC externally for the purpose of updating the Time everytime the OS boots up.
Or using the internal clock running on power off with a battery ?

Is there a way to do so on Boot ?
or is there any code that can be put in an app to update time ?

Any sort of help is appreciated .. Extra languages or apps or hardware can be used.

Thank you.

tha...@gateworks.com

Feb 8, 2016, 10:13:44 AM2/8/16
to android-porting
I use a DS1672 RTC and as long as support for it is enabled in the kernel it will:
 - set system date/time on boot
 - android's ntp client will update the rtc (you can verify this with hwclock)

I'm not sure I understand the question - is the above not occurring for you? What do you see with 'ls /dev/rtc*'?

Tim