Android 6.0.1: The player doesn't support this type of audio file

Jagan Teki

Nov 21, 2016, 10:49:03 AM11/21/16
to android-porting
Hi,

I've pored android 6.0.1 on my device and trying to play .wav file., but when I am trying to play on Music app it's showing
" The player doesn't support this type of audio file"

Android audio HAL look fine, but it's not playing any help?
[   80.461337] [c0] lpass_set_sched: [AudioOut_2] pid = 5677, prio = 49
[   80.482909] [c1] lpass_set_sched: [AudioOut_2] pid = 5677, prio = 49

Glenn Kasten

Nov 22, 2016, 10:11:45 AM11/22/16
to android-porting
Does the wav file play OK on other Android devices with open-source ports (such as Nexus and Pixel)?

If "yes", then it is probably a problem in your porting configuration so compare the media-related files of your port vs the other device.

If "no", then it may be that the particular file is of a kind of wav that is not supported,
so can you please supply a link to the file?

Jagan Teki

Nov 29, 2016, 10:52:36 AM11/29/16
to android-porting
Thanks for the response.

The same file work fine on 4.4 with the same device and here is the file
cts/tests/tests/media/res/raw/loudsoftwav.wav

What exactly are  the media-related files. I ported HAL which is of my vendor specific from 4.4 to 6.0.1 and other than that I couldn't change any audio related stuff on android.

Could you point me what are the files or stacks should I look for?

Thanks.