How to switch primary and presentation displays.

Вукашин Ристић

Mar 18, 2015, 1:32:51 PM3/18/15
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,

I have an issue and I want to switch functions between BUILT-IN and PRESENTATION displays.
This change need to be done from android system. Changing functions from kernel boot parameters is not solution for me.
I am using Android 4.2.2

Use case is next:
I have two displays, first is LCD with much lower resolution and second is HDMI. User application uses hdmi for Presentation view.
Problem is generally in overscan because android oversvan low resolution to higher, and the image is not good.
When I switch monitors form kernel argument android works overscan from high to low resolution and image is good. But presentation view in this case is on LCD.
Now I want to use HDMI as presentation window, but to keep them as primary display in order to get good resolution overscan.

Thanks in advance