kernel modules is not present in "system/lib/modules/"

gdbabu Krishnan

Sep 4, 2017, 2:34:42 PM9/4/17
to android-porting
Hi,
i have build android 6.0 for my board successfully and working fine, but if i select any driver module in kernel then compiled that not present in
"android/out/target/product/board/home/malar/myandroid/out/target/product/board/system/lib/modules/" directory.
now my doubt is how to copy kernel modules to "/system/lib/modules" directory, is need any configuration changes in android AOSP?

i don't know how to solve this please help me.

thank you...

Satish Patel

Sep 5, 2017, 11:47:57 AM9/5/17
to gdbabu....@gmail.com, android-porting
Hi,

First it is not a good idea to build a drive as a module, at least in Android context. You can build a driver as a part of regular kernel entity.

If at all you would like to build a module, then

- you can a add a command to copy kernel modules to system/lib/modules
- Also, you need to have init.rc or some other script (invoked after boot or on property set) to load the module. You might need to add insmod support for the same.

--
satish

Regards,
satish patel