How to set wifi-only and remove No SIM icon?

zefie altimitmine

May 8, 2016, 10:15:55 PM5/8/16
to android-porting
I am new to building Android and am having some issues with my build.
I am building Android x86, though I'm not sure if that matters. The problems I am having I believe are just related to an incorrect device.mk and/or BoardConfig.mk.

Android believes my device has a sim card slot, even though it does not. While it does not prevent usage, I would like to build without Phone.apk as well as remove the No Sim icon from the notification area.

I was wondering which parameters I need to change to fix this, and if there is a documentation for all of the BoardConfig.mk and device.mk parameters.

Thanks in advance.

achille-san

May 10, 2016, 3:33:35 PM5/10/16
to android-porting
You can add in your device.mk file this directive  ro.radio.noril=yes

zefie altimitmine

May 11, 2016, 9:58:31 AM5/11/16
to android-porting
Thank you, this has removed the no-sim icon. But Phone.apk is still visible. Is it safe to just delete it from /system/app, or is the a more proper way to not build it at all?

achille-san

May 12, 2016, 10:38:20 AM5/12/16
to android-porting
After you add this in your device.mk

PRODUCT_PROPERTY_OVERRIDES += \
	ro.radio.noril=yes

You have to clean your android directory and then rebuild a new AOSP image.
This time phone APK will be not built.

You can also delete phone apk in directory out/