Re: [android-porting] Re: Question on fastboot oem unlock

Paul Chang

Jul 28, 2017, 10:34:27 AM7/28/17
to joey...@gmail.com, android-porting
Device side's codes are bootloader/lk

2017年7月15日 21:41,"Joey Troy" <joey...@gmail.com>写道:
So far no luck. Would you have an idea on how I would implement this on 5.1.1?

On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 10:48:31 AM UTC-6, Joey Troy wrote:
Thanks Glen, I have been building for Lollipop and the .cpp files are not in that branch. I will see what I can do to merge them in so I can make those changes to just wipe the partition on an unlock.

On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 8:41:54 AM UTC-6, Glenn Kasten wrote:
> 1. Is it possible to rename the unlock command to say 'fastboot oem secret_word'?

The host side of fastboot is open source, so you can do whatever you want to it, including adding an alias called "secret_word" or any other change. See

However the device side of fastboot is often closed source, so you would need to work with the device OEM if you want to change that.

> 2. Is is possible if some one unlocks the device that it also formats the /system partition?

Standard implementations wipe the data partition.  If you want to modify the code to wipe more partitions, see #1 above.

On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 11:35:34 AM UTC-7, Joey Troy wrote:
I have two questions and was wondering if anyone could assist

1. Is it possible to rename the unlock command to say 'fastboot oem secret_word'?

2. Is is possible if some one unlocks the device that it also formats the /system partition?

Thanks,

Joey

Joey Troy

Jul 28, 2017, 10:34:27 AM7/28/17
to Paul Chang, android-porting
I found that out the hard way. I was able to edit the fastboot.c file and setup it up to wipe the system partition but it was only working on my workstation. I had a find another work around and move on to different devices that are supporting FRP.

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 4:53 AM Paul Chang <jzh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Device side's codes are bootloader/lk

2017年7月15日 21:41,"Joey Troy" <joey...@gmail.com>写道:
So far no luck. Would you have an idea on how I would implement this on 5.1.1?

On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 10:48:31 AM UTC-6, Joey Troy wrote:
Thanks Glen, I have been building for Lollipop and the .cpp files are not in that branch. I will see what I can do to merge them in so I can make those changes to just wipe the partition on an unlock.

On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 8:41:54 AM UTC-6, Glenn Kasten wrote:
> 1. Is it possible to rename the unlock command to say 'fastboot oem secret_word'?

The host side of fastboot is open source, so you can do whatever you want to it, including adding an alias called "secret_word" or any other change. See

However the device side of fastboot is often closed source, so you would need to work with the device OEM if you want to change that.

> 2. Is is possible if some one unlocks the device that it also formats the /system partition?

Standard implementations wipe the data partition.  If you want to modify the code to wipe more partitions, see #1 above.

On Wednesday, July 12, 2017 at 11:35:34 AM UTC-7, Joey Troy wrote:
I have two questions and was wondering if anyone could assist

1. Is it possible to rename the unlock command to say 'fastboot oem secret_word'?

2. Is is possible if some one unlocks the device that it also formats the /system partition?

Thanks,

Joey

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "android-porting" group.

Sooraj Sizon

Aug 2, 2017, 2:49:02 PM8/2/17
to android-porting, joey...@gmail.com
Hello ,
You should not edit the fastboot binary , if you do that it will only work on your pc .
You should change it in the Android Bootloader Sources platform/bootable/bootloader , and then flash the compiled new bootloader binary to bootloader partition now your custom commands will work.
But there are a lot of other things to be considered while doing this -
 If the device has been signed by oem ?
 When you do a bootloader bring-up you will also have to configure GPIO pinouts for uart / serial console.
 After this Bootloader also does the function of low level hardware initialization such as display panel . At this stage you will also have to work on panel bring up.