Landscape-only navigation bar problem.

ApriO

Jan 3, 2016, 5:04:10 AM1/3/16
to android-porting
My device should be in "Always landscape" mode.
The navigation bar is on the right (vertical) however some apps that force portrait mode make the navigation bar appear on the bottom.
The also look as if the device is portrait and does not take the entire horizontal space.
What's the proper way to define a landscape-only mode and how do I make the navigation bar stay on it's place and not move to the bottom?
I did some changes to navigaion_bar.xml in the rot90 but it seems like the applications are ignoring it.
What am I missing?

ApriO

Jan 25, 2016, 10:37:05 AM1/25/16
to android-porting
After a little bit more research and Enabling Debug in PhoneWindowManager I'm still stuck.
I searching for information about the so-called "portrait emulation" mode
Where can I find the code for this?