Services doesn't get created or Started in vendor partition(VNDK)

Renjith Rajagopal

Jun 19, 2018, 11:24:56 AM6/19/18
to android-porting
Hi,
To enforce VNDK and Project treble ,I was trying to convert one of my system service(which was in /system/priv-app) to /vendor/priv-app.
I use AOSP for building app.
But unfortunately I couldn't able see the service created or running in latter case.
Highly appreciated for any pointer.

BR
Renjith

chinda keodouangsy

Jun 21, 2018, 2:15:27 PM6/21/18
to renjith.r...@gmail.com, android-porting
Well you can, but the device will certainly crash ;-)
You can enforcing VNDK rules as long that API/ABI and VNDK's name space are respected, there should be OK (well I believe).

My assumption is that you have issues with *.bp files somewhere or missing something when declaring VNDK_SP_LIBRARIES section in device directory ;-)

*** in your source environments
1. Check if you don't miss any *.bp files, or any "name space" typo issues in the cc_binary sections?
2. Check if the "shared_libs" sections are correctly declared in your *.bp files
(take a look at /system/bt/vendor_lis as example)
*** in /device/<platform> directory
3. Check if all your vndk-sp libraries are built. (Android.mk)
4. If you've declared BOARD_VNDK_VERSION then you have to copy the LL_NDK libraries by your own!
(take a look at /device/google/marlin/vndk/Android.mk)
5. Check if all your libraries are declared in VNDK_SP_LIBRARIES somewhere

Hope this help

Chinda

Le jeu. 21 juin 2018 à 11:42, chinda keodouangsy <chindake...@gmail.com> a écrit :
[...]

Le mer. 20 juin 2018 à 21:02, Renjith Rajagopal <renjith.r...@gmail.com> a écrit :
Thank you for response. You mean BOARD_VNDK_VERSION=current in BoardCongiguration ??
Yes. I did changes as mentioned in android official site. It did break lot of things..

Can’t I run without enforcing VNDK rules ?

On Tue, 19 Jun 2018 at 18:48, chinda keodouangsy <chindake...@gmail.com> wrote:
Have you add appropriated modification in the right at /device/<plateform> place?

Renjith Rajagopal

Jun 22, 2018, 10:39:19 AM6/22/18
to chinda keodouangsy, android-porting
Thanks, I'll check them out.