audit2allow not found

Dave McLaughlin

Nov 26, 2017, 11:12:37 PM11/26/17
to android-porting
My ported build from the AOSP for 5.1 does not include this tool.

I also downloaded Android 5.1 from Google source last night and it too does not include this either or source for it.

According to some searches it should be located in external/selinux but there is no directory called selinux located in external.

What is the correct location for this file?

Satish Patel

Nov 27, 2017, 10:43:37 AM11/27/17
to davemcla...@gmail.com, android-porting
Hi,
audit2allow is host tool..By any chance are you looking in target directory ??

Satish

Dave McLaughlin

Nov 27, 2017, 10:43:37 AM11/27/17
to android-porting
I should add that there is no external/selinux directory in both of the AOSP downloads that are on my machine.

Satish Patel

Nov 28, 2017, 6:44:16 PM11/28/17
to Dave McLaughlin, android-porting
Yes, after checking the history it looks like, it got added since marshmallow

$ cd external/selinux/python/
$ cd audit2allow/
$ git remote -v

Log for ref#
$ git branch -av
  remotes/aosp/m-preview                     df08387 merge in mnc-release history after reset to mnc-dev
  remotes/aosp/marshmallow-cts-release       df08387 merge in mnc-release history after reset to mnc-dev
  remotes/aosp/marshmallow-dev               7d48e4a Merge "add prebuilt seinfo" into mnc-dev
  remotes/aosp/marshmallow-dr-arc-dev        533f1e4 DO NOT MERGE reset mnc-dr-arc-dev to mnc-dr-dev
  remotes/aosp/marshmallow-dr-arc-m53        533f1e4 DO NOT MERGE reset mnc-dr-arc-dev to mnc-dr-dev
  remotes/aosp/marshmallow-dr-arc-m54        533f1e4 DO NOT MERGE reset mnc-dr-arc-dev to mnc-dr-dev

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Dave McLaughlin <davemcla...@gmail.com> wrote:
I should add that there is no external/selinux directory in both of the AOSP downloads that are on my machine.

Regards,
satish patel